General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200.3/200.3/150

Height: 5'7

Default How does this plan sound to you?

Okay so my goal is to lose weight this summer (because I'm doing a summer make over thingy =P).

This is my diet plan for a month to see how things go.

Breakfast: Protein Banana shake OR a Slim Fast shake
Snack: Either fruit, cheese, yogurt, or almonds.
Lunch: Either chicken breast with a salad, veggie burger with rice, chicken breast with rice, chicken breast sandwich, veggie sandwich, or a turkey sandwich with maybe a yogurt or another piece of fruit on the site.
Snack: Either fruit, cheese, yogurt, or almonds.
Dinner: Any Lean Cuisine dinner with a side of steamed veggies and a very small sweet item for dessert.

Opinions please? Thanks
Moonlightlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Instead of a lean cuisine could you make your own meal of whole, fresh foods. Lean cuisines are so high in sodium and preservatives....each meal containing a protein, veggie and whole grain?

I would also say that your snacks could also be fruit...fruit is a great snack with its natural sugars giving you energy.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My first thought is not enough veggies. Also make sure you're getting enough variety in your foods.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

^^^ agreed! More veggies - they fill you up with little calories. Try chicken with 2 different veggies instead of rice. And I almost never waste calories on bread anymore... It's just not filling/lasting enough for me. Occasionally I eat it, but not daily.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'd recommend making sure the rice you have is brown rice, not white. And watch the calories in your drinks! No pop, etc. Love your water!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Sounds good to me, but the question is...how much of everything? You could eat all of that and have a whole bunch of calories if you eat unlimited amounts of rice, almonds, cheese, etc. For example, I usually count out my almonds before I eat them and I know exactly how many I can have that day. It may sound obsessive, but I think it's important to keep track of calories or points or whatever...at least in the beginning, just so you can see what portions should look like. Also, I would switch the rice for a baked yam...they're delicious, full of great vitamins and very filling. Just a thought.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

For your snacks you could have the fruit, the almonds AND a veggie. Just keep the portions small. An example would be a small peach, 10 to 15 almonds and a carrot (either cooked or raw).

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-20-2011 at 11:22 AM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Personally, I would not be able to go a month with so few options for each meal. I crave variety and would probably go way off-plan if this was all I was allowed to eat for a month. I'd do much better with general rules (i.e. X many grams of protein a day, no white bread, etc) rather than specific items I'm allowed to eat. However, if you don't think this will be a problem for you, then that's fine. Nutritionally, I echo what others have said. Good luck!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.3/200.3/150

Height: 5'7

Thank you ladies! I see that this plan needs a little revision!
Moonlightlove is offline   Reply With Quote