Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5' 10"

Talking My Diabetic Cat

My cat recently got diagnosed with diabetiesand has been on a new diet and insulin for a couple of weeks now. I took his blood sugar this morning and he is down to 75 from 550! The vet actually lowered his dosage of insulin because he does not want him that low! So happy that hes doing so much better so quickly!
Niki Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #2  
Vegan for the animals.

I'm so glad. My kitty was diabetic for 10-11 years. I can't remember now. She died shortly after New Years quickly from lymphoma. She had been doing so well with her diabetes for all those years. I never tested at home. Just did the frucosamine tests at the vet. She only had to go to the vet mostly every six months and a few times every 3 months. I was very lucky how well she responded and we had those years together. She almost made it to 18.

I hope your kitty will continue to respond well.
VegDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 368/336/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad your kitty's doing better but I have a stupid question: HOW do you test a cat's blood sugar at home? And, more importantly, how do you get them to hold still for that long. My cat won't even hold still long enough to get ear mite medicine. Then again, my cat's part feral...
iHeartU is offline   Reply With Quote