Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of May 18th!!

Good Morning all!!!!
Havent been around too much cuz of a sick baby..We are probably going to have to get ear tubes soon since we are on ear infection #5 and she is 21 weeks old..We had to go daily for the last 4 days for Rocephin shots soo please pray these ears get better!

Rabbit=Hope the graduation went well!!! I am soo happy for you!! U sound like a proud mamma!!!Hmmmm will I be in my late 50's when Kaylee graduates????

Tech-Have fun camping!!!!!

Have a great day all!!!! My mother in law leaves tomorrow soo things will be back to normal soon!!!!
Diet wise-doing ok!! Eating lots of greens and broiled meats..Of course blew it yesterday at OLive Garden!!! Oh well!!!!
RR
Old 05-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- Sure hope you get some relief with those ears soon! Do you get along with your MIL, or is it just the stress of having another person in the house disrupting schedules? Thank God my IL's rarely call and would never come over unless we called and invited them! They would die if they saw our house!! We're actually going over there later, hopefully we can scam some free dinner out of them too.

Tech- I think just concentrating on eating healthy, or at least 3 normal meals a day, and having healthy snacks around is a good idea. As long as you have the willpower, it should work. That's what I've been trying to do, but somehow I always end up with unhealthy snacks. Hope you have a great vacation!!

Ellie- "My arms are like rocks"... :cp Yeah for you!!!

Rabbit- I sooo hope you're having good weather today!! Can't wait to hear how everything went!

I took inventory of my pantry and freezer this AM and wrote everything down. Then I matched up some things and planned 9 meals. Of course they won't all be for the same week, because at least 3 of them are hot dogs and chili, hot dogs and baked beans, and hot dogs and mac & cheese. Then of course there's like 4 boxes of pasta that will be 4 more meals, with leftovers for lunch the next day. Now I have to see what's left, and decide what I need from the store to go with it, and find out what store has it on sale.

I was thinking of starting a housecleaning service in the neighborhood on the weekends, so my mom invited me over to clean her house yesterday, said she'd pay me $50. So I went over, cleaned both her bathrooms, and vacuumed the living room, and moved her furniture around. After much laughing and resting, she proved her point that a housecleaning service is not for me. She paid me $30. because I didn't dust or do the kitchen...but in my defense, she was busy doing her thing in the kitchen, so I couldn't!! And I just forgot to dust! I don't really have anything but an entertainment center and secretary desk to dust, and they get done like, once a month (I know, I'm bad!), so I just didn't think to!

DH is napping, and Peter's in his exersaucer right now, playing with toys, and watching Scooby Doo, so I better go finish what I started. I have some dough going in the bread machine that I'm gonna make rolls out of, that should be done now. And then there's always laundry...

Have a great Sunday all!!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:31 AM   #3  
LBH

Hi All,

First I wanna say, Welcome Back Greekgirl!! In case you didn't see it, GG posted on the Week of May 4th this AM...hopefully she'll make it up to this week.

Having a great day today, after a good night's sleep! I'm feeling pretty good about WI tomorrow AM. Not expecting a big loss, but am expecting a loss of at least a half pound!

Have a great day all!!
Old 05-21-2003, 03:56 PM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

Where is everyone?? It's another dull, rainy day here. Dare I say, with all the snow this Winter, and all the rain this Spring, I don't wanna hear about a water shortage this summer!!

DH & I have decided to sell my car, since I'm finally to the point where I'm not too upside down on the loan. We'll just use the p/u and his SUV for now, until we can get back on our feet...maybe 6 months. We can use some of the money from my car payment to put towards his, and get the SUV paid off by May 2004, then take all that money adn put it towards his debt and pay that off by March 2005. Then we can start looking for a house by summer 2005. It seems soo far off, but it'll go quick enough, it's only 2 yrs.

I forgot to WI this AM, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. Tonight we're having ham steak with rice and veggies. It soo much better knowing what we're having, no stressing when I get home, wondering what's for dinner!

How's everyone doing this week??
Old 05-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Well, along with everything else I'm doing awful at I can add eating. I have been stress eating BIG TIME!! I'm not even hungry I'm just shoving in everything I can get my hands on. I was even eating crackers and butter the other day when I knew I was going to be having dinner in about an hour.

Guess I am needing a big old kick in the butt to get back on track.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:10 PM   #6  

hi all! I'm back! Graduation was AWESOME! The ceremony was great, the weather held out for pictures outside afterwards. We had enough tickets (they're limited) for both my parents and their respective spouses to go and also one sister. Then off to the party. The weather was fine. Kind of cool and no rain. We had a tent and a big wagon thing to cookout on. The food was great (teryaki chicken, burgers, brats, hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, cheese dip, cheesecake and cookies. I think that covers it!). About 75 people came. We (my 2 sisters and I)did a skit/song and everyone laughed at the right parts. Ds loved it. He really enjoyed himself. Everyone said it was a great party. whew!

It's been a busy couple of days. The next day was cleanup and bring everything back home. Then Monday ds and I went back to his school and moved him home. Another full day. Then Tuesday morning I got up at 4:15 to take him to the airport. He flew to Disney for the week - a roommate who graduated from law school is getting married there this week & he is in the wedding. I was exhausted yesterday! (I'm sure he was too). Today I'm getting a little more caught up. Or trying anyway!

Greek - WELCOME BACK!!

RR - hope the baby is doing better! I think those ear things are pretty common anymore.

Lauren - love the picture!

Thursday I discovered what a stress eater I am - oh no! but am getting back on track again . . .

Rabbit
Old 05-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #7  

Hi everyone, I'm still here and lurking but life has been crazy and I've been compensating the stress by eating lots. I'm still hitting the gym though!!

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day weekend. Stay safe!!!

Liz
Old 05-23-2003, 05:22 PM   #8  

Where has everyone gone to??

I'm getting myself back op. Never easy. Bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies at the store today for the weekend.

Rabbit
Old 05-23-2003, 08:57 PM   #9  

Boy, what a horrible week. To make a very long story short, I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder yesterday. Though it is good to finally know what they are after 6 years, I find myself rather humilated as well. I had a severe attack yesterday, first one that bad since 97. I called my husband out of meeting to come home and almost called 911. The doctor wanted to put me on paxil cr but I decided against it and will treat it with xanax as needed. The side effects are bad and I don't get them often enough. I didn't go to work today, just did stuff around the house. I haven't had much of an appetite lately so I been pretty good in that respect.

Rabbit - I am so glad your DS's graduation went so well. I will try to come up some motivating inspirations this weekend

LBH - Good luck selling your car. I know how difficult things can be. After my divorce the ex didn't pay child support, still isn't either. Even though things are better now, it was a rough two years. Hang in there

Liz - Hope you can join us soon

Karen - I did the same thing after DD was born. I used to walk around with tootsie rolls stuffed in my pockets

RR - Hope your DD is feeling better

I will try to check in this weekend.

Ellie
Old 05-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #10  

Hi all. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Ellie - so sorry about the panic attacks. I am glad for you that you found out what it is. It's good to know, now you can treat it. And I don't think there is anything to be humiliated about. You have a problem and you're fixing it. ~ Thanks for your congratulations. And I'll look forward to your motivational remarks!

Rabbit

Last edited by Rabbit; 05-24-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Closed Thread