Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #255 Bale of Turtles Hearing That Click!!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I am still here kind of floating along. Not really following weight watchers. But I am going to try to get back on track. Just not there yet.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Even when we are not perfect we still use the skills we have learned! Some old habits we fall back on, but some new good habits do stick! Keepin at it is all we can do. We will suceed. It may take a while and probably longer than we want it to take, but in the end we will get there!!!!! I am still exercising even though my diet has not been perfect. I eat better than I did years ago.

So lets keep at it, always have our goal in the back of our mind, and we will do this!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great Thursday!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and happy Thursday!

I only have a very quick minute but I totally agree with Terri!

Life: Great to see you posting!

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #5  
Chick

Hi, I'm still here and reading. I'd really like to respond to all, but for now I'll say my last three days have been quite good. I also got on boardwalk with dh for 2 out of 3 days and we've been busy.

Glad to hear from Princess and Bandit and Cherry and Terri and Life4evr. We're a great group and it looks like we're pretty close to being on track.
Go us!!!!!!

Judy
234.6/196.8/180's and thinner by July 4th. This should be the week I turn the weight gain thingy around!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Pretty here today but they are calling for lots of rain over the weekend so it will be a good time to visit the gym for a couple of cycling classes.

W/I was good last night, better than expected since TOM showed up earlier this week. I was down 1.0 lbs - so will take that and keep at it!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend! I have to run... it is Friday the 13th and DH and I both have our cars in the shop today for repairs... ugh, crossing fingers and toes!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

We are going to be getting rain for the about the next week, so this
a.m. will try and get some grass cut & then going to make some wine
for the first time.

I was up .25# last night, so was alittle disappointed with that. But I guess
my overdoing it last weekend caught up with me. That is one of the drawbacks of dating and things are not going well with that new fellow, so
have to make decision over weekend whether or not to keep seeing him.
You would think when we get to this point in our lives things would be easier,
but it is not & I find when you only see people once a week, things progress slowly which is fine for me but he seems to want to push things along too quickly and I feel uncomfortable - more stress I don't need at this time.
Anyway, enough about that.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss this week, that is really good.
Judy - glad to see you are getting in your walks and staying on track.

All - hope you all have a great weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #8  

Life- I know what your talking about. I am to often stuck in that same place.

Terri- Your comment was encouraging. Thanks.

Bandit, princess, Judy- Just wanted to say hello.
Hope i didnt forget anyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi, looks like we're all going to get rain for the next few days. My Friday the 13th. was weird and I'll be glad to see midnight. Dh and I had a few stops to make and then we were heading for the boardwalk. On the way his ankle started hurting, so we bypassed the boardwalk. Got other stuff done, but let me tell you each errand was ripe with setbacks. Well, that's what weight loss is like. Three steps ahead, two back. I love what I'm reading here. If this were easy, everyone would be a size two. So here's and for all of us.

Princess, for : especially with TOM. Weigh to go!
Bandit, not a tough WI, but I know you want to see the scale going the other direction. I feel for you and your dating and I'm sending :
Cherry, it's so good to see you chiming in. We always to hear from you!
Terri, good words-----you've got the exercise going and the food will fall into place.
Life4evr, how's school going? I'm so proud of you.

This is what I'm doing,...........and I must admit that my BLT's must have been more than I accounted for. This is my new routine:
1. e-mail two WW buddies with my menu for the day
2. print it out and place it on my fridge
3. as I go through the day, I record the points plus of what I eat. If the foods are different than I planned, I cross out what I didn't eat and pencil in what I did eat. It is revealing, to say the least. It is only 7:30p.m. and my points + are done for the day! So if I get desperately hungry, I can have a veggie or fruit------but that's it. No more chocolate snacking late at night.
I can also make a shake and take the two points plus for the milk from my weekly allowance. Hopefully I won't need that.

I hope there's something in this that might help. You've been wonderful support through the years.
Two ns moments: a member of my book club told me I'm looking terrific----guess she didn't notice me being up 5# or so.
another member of my book club told me she heard via the grapevine that people were talking about how good I looked and how much weight I lost. Felt good to hear and I thought about how I have to fight to keep this off and lose even more. Sorry I'm long today. Just felt like writing.

Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/198.2?/180's and thinner
Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone. Allergies are kicking my butt today. Tomorrow is weigh in definitely should be interesting. I am determined to make next week a better week than this one has been that goes for everyone. Just popping back in. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... yesterday was a busy and productive day, it seemed to go so fast though, seemed like I blinked and it was bed time.

I did go to a cycling class yesterday with D-DIL and am going to try and get to another one later this morning to... will see how the day progresses! I need to go and find a dress for a wedding that we are supposed to attend over the Memorial Day weekend down in the southern part of the state, I love that area, there are tons of small river towns with wonderful vinyards and shops.

I got my flowers in yesterday, Lowe's was having a annual sale when I was there last week so I picked up some flats and some veggie plants. They are all in the ground now so we will see how it goes, the weather has just been so rainy that it is hard to say what will take and what won't.

DH is off to a Cinci Red's game today with his brothers so it is just quiet day for me... lovely!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 05-15-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #12  

Here are the names of two books that were recommended to me, thought I would pass them along to those that like to read:

1) Sensible Shoes: A Novel - by Sharon Garlaugh Brown

2) Welcome to the World Baby Girl - by Fannie Flag (she also wrote Fried Green Tomatoes)
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #13  
Chick

Princess, enjoy your quiet day!
Life4evr, you are making such nice progress in your weight tracker!
Thanks for the book tips. I read a very sweet book called Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchey. You might like it. It is light reading, but warm.

Another one I liked was Three Stages of Amazement-----the author escapes me, but it was good.

Yesterday I struggled again. The good part is that I won the struggle. I have to remember that often the days aren't easy and I crave fattening foods, but I can look for an alternative. I can plan and prepare. Having my veggie pie on hand when I got really hungry was a huge help.

Wishing all the Turtles a great day! We can do this.

JUdy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #14  

Judy: Planning seems to work really well for you and you are good at it so it sounds like a winning combination to me! I love Maeve Binchey - she is one of my very favorite authors, I am a bit behind on reading her though so I will look for that one and a couple others that she has out that I have not read yet. Thanks for the suggestion - I really appreciate it. Reading, knitting, and gardening, all things that I love to do to keep my hands busy and my mind out of the fridge... LOL!

I just got back from my cycling class, I did not stay for the whole thing, about 40 minutes into it my butt was kicked, I think doing that class two days in row is just too much for my knee and some other parts of my body.

Heading out to do some shopping and errands, have a great day all!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Rainy Monday!!!

Rain Rain it rained all weekend!!!! Hopefully it stops by this coming Friday!!! it is our long weekend here in Canada, the summer kickoff weekend other wise known as the May 2-4 weekend.

This is when my trouble starts!!!!! I loose it every summer, excuses -- too hot to exercise, eat too much BBQ, drink too much, easier to take junk food to lake then fruit & veggies (no electricity must use cooler). OK enough,
here's the plan- must be extra good Mon-Fri (read eat like bird) then can have a few treats on weekend. Must go to Y in the AM before it starts to get to hot outside, must eat lots of wonderful fresh locally grown fruits, veggies. Then must follow through!!!!! I am good at talking the talk but must walk the walk!!!!!! I can do this!!!!!!!

Haven't even weighted in, in 2 weeks, sick off up a little down a little, then the same.

You guys all sound like you are doing great, keep up the good work, I am going to do like Judy 1 day at a time, planning for today!!!! water, good food, walking (drop my car off for repairs will walk home and back to pick it up). Y tonight, whether or not friend goes!

Have a great Monday Turtles
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote