Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/195/160

Height: 5'6

Talking Good excercise that works???

I really hate excercise, but realize it will be only way to lose my big baby belly and big thighs etc.... I would love to know what workoits actually help you lose weight and tone up your whole body?? This will be hard for me as I hate excercise, wish there was someone out here to workout with me and motivate me. Also will I lose my boobs from losing weight? And p.s. If anyone is out here in new mexico that wants to workout together let me know.
Vanessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Any workout helps you lose weight, because you're burning more calories than you would sitting on the couch. A workout that gets your heartrate up higher burns more calories than one at an easier pace, and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) may burn more calories than steady-pace workouts, but more activity = more calories burned = weight loss, so I vote for picking any activity that you can stick with. It's worth it to find something you enjoy, so you don't end up quitting.

"Toning" can mean different things to different people. Losing fat will reveal your muscle structure, which may be enough for you to consider yourself toned. You can also build muscle through strength training, which will make your muscles bigger and therefore more visible (strength training also burns calories, which again, results in more fat loss).

As for losing breast size, typically, yes. Breast tissue is primarily fat. Fat loss means you lose fat all over, including your breasts. If your breasts don't have a lot of fat tissue (mine were pretty small even when I was heavy), it won't be as noticeable as in someone whose breasts have a lot of fat.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

The only exercise that will work long term, is one that you like doing because you aren't very likely to stick with an exercise routine that you hate. Years ago, I really loved the Windsor Pilates tapes. I called them my "lazy girl" exercises because I got to lay on the floor the entire time I did them. Before that, I liked Billy Blanks Taebo. Right now, I am loving running, but I HATED it until my heart and lungs adjusted and made it less tortuous, but those pilates and taebo moves have also returned. I don't do the videos, just my favorite moves from both on evenings that I watch TV.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #4  

I think that zumba looks kinda fun, I was thinking of trying that.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #5  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessah View Post
I think that zumba looks kinda fun, I was thinking of trying that.
Here, try these out if you have room near yer computer at home. Zumba is a blast! These are the videos I use from you tube. Thank God for instructors who post classes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKrj...0E08C9797268CB there is something like 60 videos, you can scroll through em at the bottom!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #6  

Thank you soooo much buttercup.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #7  

I concur x 1000 with aimee. Don't look for exercise that will help you lose the most weight, but that you like the most. You say you hate exercise, but maybe that's because you equate exercise with running on a treadmill or aerobics classes with thin people or exhausting boot camp classes. Find something that appeals to you, start small and work your way stronger. Don't start crazy from the get go or you'll be punishing yourself and reinforcing that idea that exercise = pain/displeasure.

Also, think outside the box when it comes to exercise. Golf is exercise. So is surfing, going to a club to dance, jumping on a giant trampoline, playing on the beach, downhill skiing, playing on a Wii Fit, riding a bike to run errands, playing sports on a local league, kayaking, and indoor rock climbing.

Finally, know that it takes time to learn to like exercise. Yes, some people naturally love the feel of it, but most mortals have to give it a chance. Don't just give it a week. Give it three or four months at least. And notice how it feels when you do exercise and when you skip a week. Sometimes the rewards of exercise are simply in increased energy, better sleep and less pain.
TerraIncognita is offline   Reply With Quote