General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

Default 7 principles of fat burning

Has anyone read Dr. Eric Berg's book, "The 7 Principles of Fat Burning", and/or following his diet plan for your 'body type'? The book makes sense, I can see how hormones can mess up weight loss attempts, etc... I just don't want to be too willing to believe everything I read so quickly. I really like his focus that your body needs to get *healthy,* and then weightloss will follow. Any thoughts?
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I haunt read the book but I do agree with the point that you have to get healthy first. I think it is about sustainability.

What else does he say?
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

He goes into the glands and and hormones that work with (or against) your body in burning fat (depending on your body type), and why they might not be working for you... and most importantly, how to get them to work in your favor. It's a pretty good book, he dumbs down the information so that you can understand it without a biology degree... and it all seems to make sense.
I DO recommend the book, it's cheap on amazon, and it's gotten great reviews on there, as well. He really is all about teaching you how to work WITH your body, to create a healthy lifestyle.
You can also check out his website or take the 'body type' quiz to get the gist of the book. Let me know if you do!
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote