Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/247/175

Default Hopefully Not TMI, but I need help!

Every month for 3 days before my period I feel like I cannot stop eating. Like no matter what I have, its not enough. Then the first day of my period, I feel like I need iron, so I make sure to have beef, which I can fit into my WW points. But for those 3 days, I could eat the entire house! Has anyone found a way to get past that? And I know I should make better food choices, but I have very specific cravings, so I feel like, yes, I could reach for an apple, but if I dont have cheese, it wouldnt matter. I could have 10 apples and still want something I shouldnt have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!
Timetostart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I'm the same way...ravenous...I just try to stay on track as much as I can and drink as much water as I can. It sucks, yes, but I realize it's because of TOM and try to work through it.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

most months are like that with me too, but this past month wasn't, i don't know if it was because i am doing low carb instead of low calorie..or could of just been a fluke
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

omg - YES! There are some months where I swear I could eat the whole fridge. I don't find much that I can do, other than recognize why I am so hungry and then go find something else to do. Sometime I plan an extra snack.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/247/175

I agree that recognizing it and being aware is probably the key. Planning extra healthy snacks in advance would help. I chart these things for myself so I know when I am going to feel lousy ( headache, dizzy etc) so I can use that info for food as well. Or maybe allow myself a treat that would still fit into the WW points. Having that option and being mindful of it may help.

Thanks so much! So glad I found these boards and decided to join!
Timetostart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I definitely have some hungry days. And I hear you with the cravings too. I think satisfying the craving with reasonable healthy choices is probably the best idea instead of eating 10 times more of something that's not going to do the trick.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I get those too- and it's always for the same thing the day before I start! Peanut butter and milk. I allow myself one pb and j sandwich and a glass of milk and then I'm usually fine after that.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Yeeeeees, and I really dread it since I'm prone to going on food benders after I allow myself something naughty. It's just such a battle for me.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Since you're on WW, remember you also have those weekly points. If you've got three days that week where you need more food, it's perfectly fine for you to adjust your points on those days so they're higher.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

WHen you get a solution for that let me know... happens to me TOO!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I find the same thing. When I was eating "low fat" I'd end up eating carbs during hungry days... which just led to more eating carbs because for me it's a vicious insulin-resistant circle.

Now that I'm eating much fewer sugars and starches, I don't have those cravings as much. (Unless I've been drinking, in which all bets are off!) I find that while I still have hungry days each month, I am satisfied with a spoonful of peanut butter, or a few ounces of cream cheese or cheddar. The fat satisfies my hunger, and the creaminess satisfies my mouth. And I don't eat so much of it that I gain from it.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I go stark-raving-lunatic-fringe-mad during TOM. Salt. Sugar. Carbs-carbs-carbs. And I let go of diet mentality during those 3 days (yes, it's usually 3 days - very rarely is it ever over or under 3 days). Because if I don't let go of the diet mentality, I get angry with myself. "What is wrong with you? Why can't you just walk away? Say no?" And then I feel pitiful for myself after eating. "Well, how pathetic! Can't even get over a simple chocolate bar!" And then I lay myself down in Regret Town. Stay a while. Oh brother!

I fare much better if I just simply give in to those cravings. And sometimes, yes, I go completely overboard. A chocolate bar, a bag of popcorn, & what's this? 0h, hello Jello Pudding!, a sleeve of club crackers, a DIFFERENT KIND of chocolate bar, a poptart, a corn-dog, some french fries, a donut, a buttload of cookies!, a coke-float, pizza!!!!!! Etc. etc. etc. But sometimes, I DON'T. Sometimes I CAN say no, walk away, & not feel like I've just given up a kojillion dollars! Sometimes I can take a donut... take a couple of bites & throw the rest of it away. Oh, the proud moments!!!

The point is - for me - giving in does not derail my other 27 days of the month on track. Soon as the crazy time is over, I'm right back to regular healthy eating habits. And yes, you can do that too.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 05-17-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote