Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #1  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Default Oh sheesh... trying to avoid an emotional trainwreck...

NOT a brilliant idea to try on ballgowns at 5 weeks post-csection.

The Army ball is in 3 weeks and a friend loaned me a few gowns to try on. I have bits and parts hanging out every which way and the only dress that actually fits me is the one made of chiffon. The others are too big or too small in the wrong places. I think it's going to be an occasion to bust out the "fancy pants" (girdle) I wore at my wedding.

And saran wrap.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSunMama View Post
NOT a brilliant idea to try on ballgowns at 5 weeks post-csection.

The Army ball is in 3 weeks and a friend loaned me a few gowns to try on. I have bits and parts hanging out every which way and the only dress that actually fits me is the one made of chiffon. The others are too big or too small in the wrong places. I think it's going to be an occasion to bust out the "fancy pants" (girdle) I wore at my wedding.

And saran wrap.
Oh man, I can't imagine having to wear a ball gown 8 weeks postpartum (and I didn't have a c-section!). Definitely go with the girdle, it'll make yourself feel more confident. BTW, can you take one of the dresses that is too big and tailor it in a bit if you like it more? A good tailor should be able to do it without making something too permanent....

BTW, I think you can just mention to everyone that you recently had a baby and they'd probably be forgiving if you showed up in a brown paper bag.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Spanx are your friend! And given that you've just had a baby, everyone will marvel at how wonderful you look so soon after!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #4  

Even though we've just carried a baby for 10 months (where they get 9 months, I don't know, lol, it closer to 10!) and had them and are now caring for a newborn, it doesn't make that post pregnancy body any easier to deal with. (It really should though!)

I had to go to my husband's graduation 4 days after having my second baby. It was the first time meeting all his classmates. No matter what I put on, I looked aweful and all I wanted to do if cry. Lucky for me, everyone knew I just had a baby, but since 95% of his classmates were these 20-something skinnies that had nevr had kids, they didn't understand just what that meant physically. However his professors who most of them had children, were more than sympathetic.

Tell EVERYONE you just had a baby. At the very least it will help you feel like people are not judging you. Try not to think about it. Ok so I know that sounds impossible, but if you make an effort to talk to a lot of people, you will find that when you are in the middle of a conversation you might forget that you feel uncomfortable in your clothes.
And DON'T compair yourself to the other girls!!! First, there are probably some that never had kids, and we know that their bodies are not going to look the same. Or if they have kids, unless they just had one at the same time as you, do not compair!! (Even if they did, still don't compair, lol, it only leads to stress!!) I don't know if this is your first baby, but even a few months after having a baby, can make a big difference.

Try to relax and enjoy the ball. I know postpartum, our bodies feel like blah, but its only temporary. We just just brought life into this world, and that's no easy task! Besides, the day will come when you will look back at photos and say "oh remember that? I just had [insert your baby's name here] I had a good time that night!"
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP916 View Post
Spanx are your friend! And given that you've just had a baby, everyone will marvel at how wonderful you look so soon after!
YES YES THIS THIS! The amazing part about Spanx is it INSANTLY makes you look 10 lbs thinner! I love my spanx- I have the one that goes from under the bust to my knees- whoever made spanx should get a noble peace prize IMO. And honestly it's not even that pricey.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote