Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/135.3/127-132

Height: 5'2"ish

Default Constantly hungry days

What do you do on days you are constantly hungry? I have stepped up my workouts and the day after it's like I can't get enough to eat. I usually try to eat something normal then wait, have some water and if I'm still hungry 20 mins later I'll have something else but I do tend to go over my calories a lot on those days. I am actually losing again so I guess this is ok?
bluemonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  

Over the last hour I have had a bowl of cereal, a small yogurt & an once of cheese.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I hate constantly hungry days. Yesterday was one, and today feels like one, too. I even take adderall--I shouldn't be hungry like this. I had 2 pieces of french bread with strawberry cream cheese, and a cup of popcorn so far for breakfast. I want some type of meat. Ugh. It's 10:25, so I'm gonna take my pill and hope I can last until 3 (or at least 2) without stuffing my face again.

The water really doesn't do anything, does it? Never has, for me. I mean,I Still drink it because it's good for me, but I've never felt it kill my appetite. Only milk does that, and I can't afford milk right now.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #4  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I have days like that too. Sometimes I know why (lots of exercise, TOM, my husband spending all day cooking something that smells outrageously delicious ) and other times it's just random, as far as I can tell.

It's hard to say if your weight loss now is related to a week or so ago when you were eating lower calories or whether you're current caloric level is just fine for weight loss for you as well. Bodies take days or even weeks to adjust to changes, so as much as we'd like to think, "Oh, I ate a lot on Saturday so I'll see a pause on the scale on Sunday," it isn't always that linear.

You're really close to your goal weight already, so if you're losing weight and feeling more satisfied with your current calorie consumption, I say stick with what you're doing and see how it works out for the next month or two. If you're feeling genuinely hungry, don't deny yourself food; there's no reason to be ashamed of having a healthy appetite, especially since you've stepped up your workout routine.

I find that going for volume helps. An egg/egg white omelet with vegetables feels a lot more caloric than it is and is my breakfast of choice for hungry days. Cereal, yogurt, and cheese doesn't seem excessive at all to me, but you can probably sneak some volume in there to help make those dense foods feel like more.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I know for me bread and cereal send me into eating binges. they make me hungry. I now have oatmeal for breakfast. I still get the munchies but nothing like the bread or cereal. Water never worked for me either. Just a thought.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Days like that, usually around TOM when I know I'm going to go over my calories I just pick something that I know is gunna fill me. Best bang for your buck so to speak
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I've noticed the days I feel like that it is right before a woosh. I figure it is my body going 'Hey! we are dipping into our stores, eat more!' I have to ignore it as much as possible or I dont see as much of a drop on the scale
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #8  

I gave up Milk for Unsweetned Almond Milk. Similar nutrients, half the calories, very few carbs, and no lactose. Soy milk makes me gag, and has too many calories & carbs. My man is doing low carb so we had to try it, now I will never go back. It also has a very subtle flavour that enhances everything you put it in coffee, cereal, & hot chocolate made with it is amazing.

Yeah I am eating stuff that I know is good for me & should be filling.I wouldn't have had cereal if I had known it was going to be one of *those* days. Would have had eggs or oatmeal.

Oh well,I can always ride the bike later for a while if I am really worried. I am up to 30 mins before my legs go all jello.

Last edited by bluemonday; 05-15-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Well, when you exercise, your body NEEDS more cals. I've actually found that if I exercise a lot and eat very little I do NOT lose weight, but everyone is different and finding the balance for one's body can be challenging. Also, I've noticed if I refrain from sugar/flour on super hungry days I usually don't want to eat as much. I stick to more protein and veggies (and if you are working out, your body probably needs more protein anyway).
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #10  

Yeah I am going to stick to protein as much as I can today.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #11  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Watermelon
Protein & Fruit smoothies

2 great ways to stay healthy and satisfy a ravinous appetite!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Hi there!
On days where I know I'm going to be hungrier (pms or bike hike, generally), I try to start the day off with a breakfast that has enough fat and protein. Otherwise, I'm chasing hunger all day. An example might be 2 eggs with veggies, a piece of toast and a glass of skim milk. I eat 5-6 mini meals/day and try to make sure each meal has carb, fat and protein. This really helps my hunger. If I just eat an apple for a snack, I'm STARVING. But, if I pair it with a couple T's of peanut butter or an ounce of babybel cheese, it tides me over. Carb-only meals make me hungry like nobody's business. Hope this helps!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

If at all possible the day after a work out I would start with a protein heavy meal. I find I am less hungry on those days when I start with protein.

If you are losing then it seems like you are listening to your body!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

For me personally, when I have several "hungry days" in a row, it means I am about to drop 2 or 3 pounds, so though they can be difficult to get through, I do my best stay on plan and actually kind of embrace the "hungry days" because I know results are about to follow.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/199/180

Height: 5'8"

on days when I'm hungry all the time, I go for volume vegs and fruits. sometimes I want quantity but I make it cherry tomatoes or strawberries or broccoli; this seems to counteract all the tiny little snacks and meals.
matildatwo is offline   Reply With Quote