WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 03-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  

Default Favorite food products?

Hi,

I am new to WW. I am curious if people could share their favorite products. I am planning on shopping this weekend and want to be sure I have everything I need to get off to a good start. I would love some product brands for these items specifically since I know some can be better (taste and point wise) then others

Bread's
Bagels
Rice (any of the quick micro packets a good choice?)
Oatmeal (are any low points that come in a packet?)
Cream Cheese
Yogurts
Cereals
Salad Dressing
Butter
Marinades
Jelly
Frozen Meals (for when I do not have time to cook)
Dessert products
kopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

I'm not on WW, but I've love the WW cookies and cream icecream bars. They are perfect for that little chocolate craving every now and then. Best wishes!
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Hungrygirl.com has a list of groceries that fit most diets. Watch the sodium in the rice mixes. I make my own.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

For frozen foods, Smart Ones (red box) always has the Points listed prominently on the box. I don't know how your taste factors in, but almost everyone I talk to (me included) prefers Lean Cuisine over Smart Ones or Healthy Choice frozen meals. They usually have the points listed there on the back in smaller print if you look. I think sometimes it's better to sacrifice an extra point in the name of taste! Just a warning, the diet macaroni and cheese from both companies equally suck it's my favorite food so that really bums me out
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

Lean Cuisine has these new Thai chicken rolls, also garlic chicken - They are 5 points and taste great. I also like most of the new meals that you steam.

For WW Smart Ones I love the peanut butter cup dessert -- one of those things I would eat if I wasn't working on losing weight - 4 points

Popcorn Indiana cinnamon sugar popcorn - 3 points for 2.5 cups or 4 points for 3 cups

Lots of different nuts for snacks.

For bread I use Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds. The whole wheat ones are 2 points. For a sandwich I use the sandwich rounds, Tyson grilled chicken breast and Sargento reduced fat pepper jack cheese slice with chipotle mustard. Very good.

I use the minute already cooked brown and wild rice. I usually eat half a container (splitting it with someone else or saving the rest for another meal).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Margarine/Butter Brown & Brummel spread with yogurt is 1pt per Tablespoon
Bagels: I like Thomas' Everything bagel. 1 is 7pts, I usually eat just 1/2 and top it with 1 slice of Oscar Mayer Light Beef Bologna and count it as 4 pts.
Cabot 50% light sharp cheddar cheese is good, I found if you go over 50% less fat it stops tasting like cheese
Yogurt--when I eat it (rarely) I get Stonyfield Farms
Salad Dressing: Kraft Light balsamic is 2pts per serving
Kraft's Olive Oil Mayonaise is good and is reduced fat
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #7  

Weight watchers has a cream cheese and also yogurts. The yogurts are 2 points plus per container and quite tasty.
theblueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

I'm loving me some Steel Cut Oats with a little PB2, diet butter and almond breeze.
tigerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

I had the new WW French Toast w/turkey sausage this weekend and OMG this frozen entree was DELICIOUS! It honestly tasted like something I would make in my own kitchen instead of something from the microwave and it even came with it's own little package of syrup. I will be buying a lot more of these for sure.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

I like the Laughing Cow light cheese. One is spreadable and one is a hard cheese. One point each! I spread it on rice cakes.
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdawg View Post
I'm loving me some Steel Cut Oats with a little PB2, diet butter and almond breeze.
Sounds yummy! I need to figure out steel cut oats.
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/133.4/110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi702 View Post
For frozen foods, Smart Ones (red box) always has the Points listed prominently on the box. I don't know how your taste factors in, but almost everyone I talk to (me included) prefers Lean Cuisine over Smart Ones or Healthy Choice frozen meals. They usually have the points listed there on the back in smaller print if you look. I think sometimes it's better to sacrifice an extra point in the name of taste! Just a warning, the diet macaroni and cheese from both companies equally suck it's my favorite food so that really bums me out
Interesting to hear that, because I far far prefer the taste of the WW Smart Ones over Lean Cuisine. I suppose it really is just a matter of personal taste! Of course, this also could be because I'm a vegetarian and Lean Cuisine's few veggie options are nasty, whereas Smart Ones has way more vegetarian ones that I think taste delish. Anyways, I really love the the Smart Ones "santa fe rice and beans" (it tastes super cheesy and decadent for 300 cals - it's my fav), as well as the "ravioli florentine" (the sauce on this one is really nice) and the "lasagna florentine". I think the fettucini alfredo is also very good, as "light" alfredos go, and with some extra added veggies and freshly cracked black pepper it's perfect. What I usually do is buy one of those green giant single serving frozen vegetables (I think they're called "steamers", they're the ones that steam in the microwave right in the bag they come in) and then mix some extra veggies into the frozen dinner because they all have more than enough sauce. It's great for a meal at work or just a fast dinner, only problem is that they're high in sodium and have a lot of preservatives, but it's not bad for an occasional quick meal and much cheaper than Amy's. I do wish that Smart Ones would use whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta though! I want whole grains, not refined carbs, and it's odd that coming from a supposedly "healthy" brand like WW that all of the pastas and rices are white.
alicia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #13  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I eat whatever I want within my points... So really, I can't name favorites.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #14  

Try weightwatcherpointspluscalculator.com you can log in all info and it will give you the point value, eveen your daily alottment.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I love Fiber Plus bars! Someone else on here suggested them and I am hooked! 3 pts+ and I throw in an apple, a baggy of grapes or an orange to make it a complete snack. Yummmm!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote