South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Default Should I stay on phase 1?

Hi everybody. Tomorrow is my 2-week mark on P1. I have stuck to plan all week, though a few days I had a tall nf/sf caramel frappe, and it still seems to be in the air whether or not that is on plan. I lost quite a bit week 1, and almost nothing this week (almost TOM). Part of me thinks (a large part of me) that I should stick out phase 1 for one more week. It isn't hard for me, and I am worried that the starbucks was a bad enough choice to count against me. Any advice?
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'd suggest that if you are not having cravings you move on, slowly. There are some great threads here about how to do that. Check under the FAQs sticky above. Don't worry that you did not lose much the second week; that is common. IMO it is your body catching up to the water lost the first week. Sadly, loss slows down for most people.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Most people here will tell you to move on to 1.5 (and we learned the frappes do in fact have sugar in them, although they aren't the worst thing you could indulge in). However, since I do not lose weight quickly, I usually stick to a mostly phase 1 plan, and just incorporate fruit in once in awhile. You need to figure out what works best for you, and just reintroduce foods slowly so you can see their effect on you.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Do you have a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTrueToYou View Post
Hi everybody. Tomorrow is my 2-week mark on P1. I have stuck to plan all week, though a few days I had a tall nf/sf caramel frappe, and it still seems to be in the air whether or not that is on plan. I lost quite a bit week 1, and almost nothing this week (almost TOM). Part of me thinks (a large part of me) that I should stick out phase 1 for one more week. It isn't hard for me, and I am worried that the starbucks was a bad enough choice to count against me. Any advice?
Wow. Frappé? Those are definitely not on the ideal protein diet plan until occasionally on maintenance. Also, my coach and others recommend that you stay strictly on phase 1 until 80-90percent of weight loss is achieved. I started phase 1on January 26th and am still on phase 1.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #5  

I know they are not ideal protein, I got a gift card and from another thread had thought they would be on plan, as far as sugar goes. I know they do not have any nutritional value. I do not have a coach, and am not really sure what one is. I do not know what phase 1.5 is either... sorry guys I am new at this. Determined....who is your coach? I am just wondering where I would find advice about staying on phase 1, as the book says two weeks and thats it. I am all for adding a piece of fruit now and then, though admittedly my favorite fruits are the ones with the most sugar. If it would not hinder my health or weight loss I would gladly stick to p1 with some fruit on occasion, or even no fruit depending on possible health repercussions. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I do not know if staying on p1 for that long would, again, be healthy. Thanks for the advice so far everyone
Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  

Waisting- I looked at the FAQ thread, and found this one

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...aily-dish.html

Thanks! I should have looked in the first place!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I think Determined posted in the wrong Forum You wouldn't have a coach on South Beach.

There are lots of threads that talk about 1.5. It's something unofficial that people here talk about a lot. Basically you just add things verrrry slowly so you can figure out what works for your body. Most people add 1 food, once a day for a week then add one more. I had to have an apple, for other people it's a serving of berries or a serving of oats. Some of the things you will want to figure out are what you can eat, when you can eat it, and whether you need to pair it with protein. Starting slowly gives you the opportunity to figure out your bodies reactions and will really help in the future. I'll see if I can find some of the other threads too.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I think people tend to stick to Phase I too long too often. The South Beach Diet is set up the way it is b/c it works. Just my 2 cents, though.

And I'm pretty sure Cyndi is right. I've NEVER heard of a SBD "Coach" and have definitely never heard of staying on Phase I until you've gone 90% towards reaching your goal. That would be insane. If she IS posting in the right forum, I'd suggest finding another coach, LOL
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I think Determined has Phase 1 on the SouthBeach Diet mixed up with Phase 1 on the Ideal Protein Diet, and that's where the confusion lies regarding a diet coach.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Yesterday was my last day of two weeks on phase 1 and I'm very proud that it was a 100% clean phase 1! I think I may extend it one more week (at the most) because I think I need to adjust portion sizes. I know that there's not really a limit on some things but I think I tend to overdo it with the meats and cheeses. I'd like to get a handle on that before transitioning to 1.5.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote