General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/200

Height: 5'7

Default it was like saying no to drugs!

Today i got to work started my day on a pretty good note. Had a small bowl of special k vanilla almond (amazing if you havent had it). Well im in my office working when the doorbell rings. Its the lady across the hall from me who also just found out im on a diet. She comes waltzing in with a box of 1 dozen donuts (mind you me and this person NEVER speak on a friend basis strictly work only and even then its rare) "Would you like a donut..i know your on a diet" i looked at her and politely said no thank you she looks at me with a smirk and says "oh 1 wont kill you there fresh baked" I looked at her with a more stern tone in my voice and said 1 will kill me i dont want one THANK YOU. She seemed shocked.

Well i called one of my support girls who works upstairs to tell her about the incident. SHE DID IT TO HER TOO! this woman complains all the time about how large she is, how her knees are killing her, how she has diabetes (which i really dont belive judging by what she eats daily...i dont like to judge people...but im sorry when you drink nothing but soda all day, eat candy bars, and ice cream and so on...i have a hard time beliving it especially since i was raised in a diabetic family ive seen what "overdosing" on sugar is like) in other words every ailment you can think of this woman has. But when someone tries to better themself she tries to sabbotage them because shes unhappy with herself. Well she can try. But i quit drugs 11 years ago...and guess what I CAN QUIT JUNK FOOD TOO!

Last edited by chase1984; 05-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.
chase1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Yay! Good for you! It's amazing how some people will go out of their way to sabotage others because they don't feel good about themselves.
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

That's awesome seriously! I work at a bingo hall and I was walking around with my cart and there was these two ladies there. One was possibly 250 or bigger, and the other woman was an older lady. Goes to her "Do you want a chocolate bar" The woman said no thank you. Then the older lady said to me "she's on a diet" and I said "ah I know how you feel" (of course she looked at me like I was some skinny ***** -thank you haha- thinking how can I possibly know what she's going through.) and then the older lady continued to pesturize her, with do you want a bag of chips? a pop? a chocolate bar. and I just thought to myself what the **** don't you get when she keeps saying no she doesn't WANT ANYTHING and two, you know she's on a diet! WTF!

I'm Happy you stood your ground and and told her straight up when she said "just one won't kill you" you inspired me that's for sure!!!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #4  

Its discouraging to someone whos trying hard to stay on track (mind you this is only my first week) when someone intentionally shoves bad things toward you. But since i had a stint in time with drugs when i was younger and i kicked them i think of those goodies i once enjoyed too much as my replacement drug that i need to remove from my life and this was just one test of many im sure i will face in this process.

NiteOwlMomm - thank you

MiZTaCCen - im glad that i inspired you...I think of it like this...1 more of that could have killed me one day so why would i want to do that to myself anymore?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

The first week I find is the hardest, and gradually it gets a little better until you crave stuff, but I agree you DON'T need to put up with that it's hard enough because people are so miserable around us that those type of people HATE it when people are trying to do better for themselves. We all face obsticles and tests in our life and to be honest once I have 1 thing of something I ALWAYS want more of it that whole day. 1 is NEVER enough it's NEVER satifying and thats how I think of sweets sometimes especially little gummy candies which I will NOW say no to from now on because those thigns are addictive I can't just have one!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

It always surprises me that there are actually people in the world out there that would seriously and purposefully try to sabotage someone's honest and true good efforts.

Misery loves company, and a bucket of crabs on top, huh?

Good for you! For standing up to the donuts and to the woman! This might not be the last time you'll see her with a box of sugar, so beware. And keep holding your ground =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #7  

Goood job!! it's not easy to resist things that tempt you
blackace86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #8  

Lovely - i have the feeling your right. I asked a few other co workers who are with me on this journey and they said that they were asked as well...funny she only asked those of us on a diet with that devious smirk. sorry i would like to be healthy and if that bothers you....well deal with it!

blackace86 - thank you i know its not easy but this just felt right. i had to try REALLY hard to keep my temper so i wouldnt lose my job (i dont get along with her to start with) but dont try to sabotage me its disrespectful!