South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, May 12

Good morning from Delta in May, the best month of the year around here. Our trees are finally leafing our - all pale green foam - and the few magnolias that survive around here are looking gorgeous.

Nothing on my schedule today until I do some job interviews this afternoon for the summer students at the Mill. I am not enthused about the candidates. "How well do you multi-task?" "I can read and watch TV at the same time." Anyhow, I'll garden this morning which may mellow me out by afternoon.

My neighbour is tilling the last half of my veggie garden this morning. I picked all the assorted tulips from the borders just in case he runs over them and have a huge bouquet on my kitchen table. As soon as I've had breakfast and done treadmill, I am going out there to dig up some daffodil bulbs and iris rhizomes that might fall prey to a man and a big machine. Then I'll start digging his strawberry plants which have to be moved. I am amazed that I'm not stiff and sore after all this physical stuff. I guess going to the gym has paid off.

Time for breakfast. I think today is a poached egg on spinach day, maybe on a slice of ww toast.

How does your Thursday look from this early morning perspective?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth,
I see you posted another loss - congratulations! I've been so poor about my water lately and it's showing on the scale. I haven't really thrown in the towel yet even though vacation is so close - I'll stick to plan until we go away - but it's tempting. I even bought myself a Stouffers' mac and cheese to eat tomorrow night before we go, but I'm feeling like I'd rather have spanikopita. Maybe I'll save it for my son for when we get back. I do love it, but just feel too guilty!

I've literally finished almost everything that can be done at work so today I think I'll clean out some drawers! I've got a couple of meeting scheduled and then I'm supposed to get a pedicure but that's it. Tonight I'll pack, and do last minute shopping on the way home from work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - you've lost 18 lbs since January?!?! WOW!!! Congrats! And that wasn't a serious answer, was it? "I can read and watch tv at the same time".

MMCK - WOO HOO!!! I'm going to live vicariously thru you, if you don't mind

Sitting with my coffee before a long day starts. I plan on a swim after the kids get on the bus, before work this am. It gets a bit boring, but I'm finding it is really helping my running.

Made some quinoa salad last night, I can't wait to eat more today! Can I have some for breakfast?!!?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I wish I could have some of your iris rhizomes. We call them 'flags' around here. I used to have a nice bed of them years ago, but had to dig them up for a remodeling job.

Matilda, I hope you sail through today and tomorrow so you can start your vacation. It sounds like you're all set to go!

I'm meeting up with Cindy's dad this morning and going to Maggie's spring concert, and there's an open house and book fair afterwards to take me to the noon hour. This afternoon I'll be digging and dividing up some perrenials to replant and doing other gardening tasks. Today is my Friday, but it looks like it will be a long day since I'll have to wait until Richard gets home tonight before I can leave, as Cindy has a horse event in Maryland.

It's such a beautiful morning that I can't resist sitting out on the patio with my breakfast and another cup of coffee before I head out.
Have a great OP day!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #5  

Good morning, Twyn! Quinoa for breakfast sounds delish! Why not?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies!

Ruth - I don't know if that was an actual answer from a student candidate, but it wouldn't surprise me...my brother is 17 and he claims he can study/do homework and constantly text message his girlfriend at the same time (much to my mom's annoyance, lol).

MMCK - I'm the same way with my water intake - I haven't been paying as much attention recently, and I think it's been slowing things down on the scale. But how exciting for your vacation, have a great time!

Twynn - Interesting with swimming helping the running, wouldn't have thought of that myself. I used to love swimming (used to be a lifeguard and everything), but I've been so self-conscious since the weight has gone up that I've avoided it. But my apartment complex does have an outdoor pool...maybe when weather improves I'll bite the bullet and go for it.

Today is another busy work day, followed by watching a couple company softball games and squeezing in an evening workout. Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another sunny day here. Unfortunately I actually have to work today. On the plus side, last day of work for 11 days
Yesterday was another productive, exhausting day. Our yard could be a lab school for people studying invasive species. Yesterday I tackled the nasty, thorny, rose-like things. I figured I should do that while it's still cool enough to wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt (and leather work gloves). I know I won't win the war but if I can hold them at bay that's something.

Ruth - Wow, you are really dropping!

Well, better get to the work thing so there's none left by the time the evening winds down (it's a late night). It will be lovely to be completely and thoroughly on vacation when I wake up in the morning!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-12-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Wonder what Dr. Freud would say about me typing "gooF morning" first

It's another day, another batch of cookies here. Yesterday's sugar cookies are frozen and I resisted; today is M&M. My plan is to bake the ones I usually make while I still have my old oven, since I know how it cooks, then next week move on to new recipes with the new oven. At my request DH took the hardware off several kitchen cabinets for some paint touch up. The good thing about hosting a big party is we do stuff that we tend to never otherwise get around to doing!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Boy are my thighs sore this morning!!! I bit the bullet and went interval running anyways. I can tell I am retaining water due to the soreness, so I am plugging along and eating right as well, hopefully Saturday will see a swoosh on the scale.

Ruth you are doing fantastic with your weight loss. Atleast your candidates are giving you an answer, I mostly hear just "Yes" when I ask if they can multitask. LOL

Okay I am getting back to work. Make it a great day everyone
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We slept in this morning. It looks like winter right now but I'm hoping for sunshine later to melt everything off. I've already crossed a chore off my list and I'm up to the recumbent bike before I have time to wake up and decide I'm not in the mood.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started and congrats on the ticker continuing to move downward. It must make avoiding the dreaded Chinese buffet worth it. It's great that you're noticing a payoff from the gym as you get into your gardening this year!

Matilda, have you ever tried making a whole wheat Mac and Cheese? It's not Stouffers but I enjoy it. It's in the recipe section-I know you don't want to cook before vacation but maybe some other time.

Twynn, yay for swimming that helps running and yummy quinoa salad-even if it's for breakfast!

Linda, ouch for a long day but TGIF!

Ashley, I'd start thinking swimsuits! You are downsizing and one of these days you'll be happy about putting one on!

Cyndi, my yard is full of invasives! Ugg! Yay for vacation time!

Karen, good for you getting those cookies right to the freezer! I'm just washed down all my kitchen cabinets and I'm going to tighten all the knobs after my workout. I love company since everything always gets done!

Pearlrose, great that you went interval running, anyway! It's definitely worth it!

I actually moved my ticker down by one yesterday...but the scale has sure moved since mid-Feb. Ruth kept inspiring me to keep going! It's great to know that I can drop those accumulated holiday/winter pounds so fast (13) if I put my mind to it. Yay for me!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Congratulations to Ruth and Debbie for moving that ticker number.

Busy day ahead again. We are having company this weekend so I have to plan my menus carefully, clean the house and gardening is on the agenda too because its suppose to rain all weekend. Yesterday I went to a meeting and a nice person asked me if I have lost weight. Not to many people say this to me because I am very evasive with my answers. Its a touchy subject.
have an on plan weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

I am not always very vocal about "me" stuff, but I am throwing caution to the wind.
Best day EVER!!

Gorgeous sunlight, great tmps, no traffic this am, mom will be here in time for dinner and is staying until TUESDAY! DD2 turns 8 Sunday, and it is my birthday. 42 and still playing Ultimate and jogging 6 miles. Better than I ever thought.

Had an important podiatrist appt. yesterday - and I do NOT have to give up on the half marathon. My right toe will apparently never bend the same as the left, but hey - it is what I call a "first world problem" - no major issue.

I have lost 17 pounds since March 2. I feel awesome. AWESOME. A year and a half ago I was 198 pounds and in the hospital for what they thought was a stroke. Over the next 6 months I had great success on SB, lost the weight, and kept it off until last September, when I let the pounds creep back. They are now GONE and I am almost back to my goal weight.

Thank you all for being here - for the recipes, the stories, just someplace to GO when I want french fries.

BE WELL!!

Last edited by ultimatebea; 05-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

sophie...I don't like talking to outsiders much about WL but an occasional compliment is nice.

bea, Isn't it wonderful feeling so good...and losing weight! Me, too...enjoy your day!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #14  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I'm back! After two weeks, the old heart decided to go back to a normal sinus rhythm and life is good once again. Don't know how long it is going to last this time but I'll take whatever I can get. Now I just have to get myself back on the straight and narrow. Haven't been that bad but wasn't very very good either. It takes so much out of me that it's like starting completely over with exercise, etc. But what the heck, at least I can.

Ruth, have fun playing in the dirt and congrats on your weight loss.

Matilda, hope you have the best most relaxing vacation ever.

Linda, sounds like your going to be playing in the dirt today too. Have fun.

Karen, you go girl. So organized you are. So excited you must be getting the new oven.

Rose, Good for you working out enough to have sore thighs........

Debbie, Congrats on your weight loss this Spring too. Every time I see one of us doing good it inspires me to keep trying.

Sophie, be proud of what you are accomplishing. Not everyone can do it.

Bea, happy birthday. Love your attitude! Congrats on your weight loss too.

A few days ago I found two baby geese wondering down the road with no parents in sight anywhere. Poor things were exhausted. We managed to catch one but try as we might, couldn't get the other one. Gave the one we caught to a neighbor who already had ducks and plans to raise this little one as a pet. Hopefully we saved it's life and she will be successful. Can't help worrying about the other baby though.

My wish for you all today is to be healthy and happy.

Last edited by TallandThin; 05-12-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #15  

Bea ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great day! You made me feel good, just reading your post, BTW.

Rose~ I'm so glad your heart is back in it's normal rhthym again! Thank goodness!
Closed Thread