View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Stress has a weird affect on me, when things are super stressful, I CAN'T eat! I live a very quiet calm life LOL I'm a 'happy eater' and use it as a celebration for any and all things!

When I'm stressed my stomach is churning and upset, so to stop thinking about it I do crossword puzzles or Soduku, or plan out my meals for the week, or balance my checkbook -- all things that require attention to detail and doesn't let me obsess over the bad thing.

Some of the CBT therapists where I work tell people if a "must eat pie" mentality shows up, to set a timer for 15 minutes. And go do something else for those 15 minutes, clean a bookcase or closet, vacuum, chew gum, walk around the block. If after those 15 minutes the insane craving is still there, have a small piece and count those calories towards your day. 9/10 times the person doesn't want it anymore, it's just getting over that initial hump.

Good luck!

Started: 323
Now: 171 - nope, 165 now!
NOPE -- 162 now! Holy crap i've lost a PERSON!
Goal: 160

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote