Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Monday May 9- Sunday May 15

New Pages

All is well with me, and I hope the same is true for each of you!

Last edited by Tejas; 05-09-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey ladies hope your all well? well done on the losses and if you didnt lose keep positive and give it your all this week

Im doing ok got exams starting next week im abit nervous but il be worse next week lol I lost 2.5lbs last week im a lb off being back in the 150's xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Hi ladies. We're home from Houston. We got home early Sunday morning and spent part of Mother's Day with 2 of our grands. They brought me a beautiful hydrangea that I'm going to plant in the front tomorrow. Then we picked blackberries and I have made a cobbler. I made it using granular Splenda and Curtis has raved all afternoon. The girls will like it if I do say so myself.

Vickie, I am thinking of you and Jim. I hope all goes well.

Congratulations to those who have losses.

I apologize for not responding to everyone. I would like to tell you that reading your posts about mourning and loved ones have really touched my heart. Wish we could all get together for group hugs.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #4  

Welcome back, Sandra. Do you have some bragging to do?

Ems, good luck and congrats on being close to the 150's. I'm going there this year too!

VIckie, let us hear as soon as you know something.

Today has thrown me off my 10 days of eating only nutritionally dense foods, but I'll be back on track tomorrow. There's nothing like caring for 3 small children in someone else's house to undermine your best intentions
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Having another windy day they are expected to go up to 40 -50 MPH the ferries are delaying or canceling they scheduled trips to the Islands. Guess its going to cancel my trip to the beach for my daily walking.Have to use my bike instead.

Hope every one had a wonderful mother's day. It was quite for me so I pretended it was an ordinary Sunday I read the paper and watch the golf game. I did go out with my friend Catherine to Friendly for brunch and when we went inside a carnation was given out to all the woman customers along with a free ice cream cone coupon. When we were about 1/2 way though our waitress told us that a man with this family paid our bill. We told her to thank him and than when it was our turn to leave the waitress told us where he was sitting but, we had no idea who he was.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Oh do I know the feeling about over eating that what I did this Sunday and now I paying for it on the scale.

EMA-Congrats on your weight loss,wish I would be 150 that my new goal I have 18 more pounds to lose. Now that Mothers day is over I don't have any excuse not to get there.

SANDRA-Glad you had a safe trip home ,and had a wonderful mothers day. My was quite so I treated it as an ordinary Sunday.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all. Sorry about not being here much. Sounds like your hangin' in there. I've only lost one pound since I was last here. I'm trying but obviously not hard enough.

Nancy, we cleaned out my dad's stuff pretty soon after he died. It was hard, but in the long run, I'm glad we got it over with. I'm thinking of you and praying for you, lots.

Sandra, I liked your story about your Tennessee ancestors. Funny, I don't even know where Boliver is. I have an ancestor who was a member of the "hole in the wall" gang (connected with butch Cassidy and the sundance kid), and in the same family line is a circuit riding preacher!

Hey to the rest of you chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #7  

Oh, Sloan's message reminded me of this. My mother told me that when she was a child her mother used to hide members of the Dalton Gang in her basement when they were running from the law. It seems that my mother and her siblings were friends with children of some members of the Dalton Gang. (They were right up there with the Jesse James Gang, in case you haven't heard of them.)

On more day down of child care. I managed to get back on track with eating except for the bowl of ice cream I just ate! I also went to the gym again; good for stress relief.

Last edited by Tejas; 05-10-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Hi, Ladies. I have been working in the yard most of the day and am pooped. Well, actually too pooped to pop.

Rhonda, we were at a family reunion in Houston. My only bragging is that I am still sugar-free. Does that count? I hear ya on needing carbs when babysitting. You'll be back on track. Your body may even drop some weight after having a little "shake up" with your eating.

Maryann, there's nothing wrong with low key. Sounds like you had a good day.

Ems, 150's? I am green with envy.

Just finished watching BL. Loved it!! Two weeks till the finale. Those folks look amazing.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Tejas Is Mark ever impressed about the Daltons! He is a big fan of American history. He has told me all about the Daltons. On the down side, he is also a BIG fan of country music... I've suffered girls, I've sufferd. To me it is just a plink plonk noise.

Well done Ems

Welcome back Sloanie
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

One Doctor appointment down. Jim has degenerative disc disease and scoliosis from aging. He has to go for PT for 4-6 weeks. The Doctor thinks the pain in his back is from a strain, bad posture, poor Core muscles. Made me think of Rhonda and how much she is helping herself.

Next week is the Cardiologist.

I think I'm the same though I didn't weigh in at JC or WW last week. It's hot here and our air went out over night. Guy should be here at 11:00.

You all are doing so well. It's wonderful to be able to come here and read what's going on with my friends and have it be normal even though my life is in a bit a tizzy at the moment.

Nancy, I am still thinking of you often. Do what feels right to you and don't listen to anyone else. We all grieve at our own paces.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #11  

Good morning chickie-doodles. It's going to be hot today, 90 degrees. Gotta love KY. Been so cool here and then bammmm, it's too hot. Go from furnace to air conditioner. I refuse to turn it on just yet.

My daughter passed her state boards yesterday and is officially a hair stylist. Both our husbands are gone right now, so I took her to dinner. Mine is at his parents, and hers is in GA, due to tornadoes. He works for DirectV.

When my dad died, I donated his clothes right away, along with his medical supplies. Kept his wheelchair, which has been used by my neighbor, daughter, etc. We all handle it differently. Not sure what I would do if my husband passed. Would be a completely different situation. Nancy, do what feels right for you.

Maryann, did you get your gutter fixed? I like how you try to do some type of exercise daily. I really need to start doing something. Been at this weight since last February and still need to lose around 15 lbs.

Rhonda, I've heard of the Dalton Gang. Must be where you get your fiesty-ness (is that a word, lol).

Sandra, we used to have family reunions all the time, but all my elders have passed. My 2 sisters and I talk about having one, but it never happens. Everyone is so scattered these days.

jojo, another pound this week? You are doing great.

ems, congrats on 2.5. You are doing awesome.

hey sloanie. One pound is one gone but I know what you mean. Same here.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

Hi, Sloan! I somehow missed your post yesterday. Guess I was really pooped. It's good to have you back. Bolivar is about 25 miles south of Jackson, TN and is close to Mercer.

I flung a few arrows this morning. The wind is high and humid, so I didn't shoot very many. A high school girl is coming this afternoon to help me pick blackberres if we're not having thunderboomers. I made a sf blackberry cobbler Monday. Curtis wants another one.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another rainy day and my walking tour director called to say no walking today again, so I missed 4 weeks out of 6 week. Three raining on Wed. and the other time in NY for Easter. I thought is was April showers for May flowers not May for June.

SLOANIE-One lbs is good,especially if you can keep it off. I think I having problems with carbs again. Eating to many of the wrong kind.Now on another board that I post to they are talking about gluten free products to relieve some bloating symptoms. Being a Nurse would you think trying gluten free products would stop the bloating and than lose some pounds.What do you think???

SANDRA-Thanks Its just I missed my family especially when must of my friends went out to there children's house. This rain is helping either.

PAM-I got my gutter fixed the handy man came over the very next day. Didn't charge me either,to my surprise. Going to try some WATP"S tapes this afternoon its a walking tape that has lots of marking and side steps along with knee raises and kicks. Now that my doctor told me to exercise every day and walking is out of the question with the rainy days we're having I must keep going somehow.

Have great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #14  

OOOH, blackberry cobbler! I want it

So, Mark likes C&W. Send him over here and we'll go line dancing at Gilley's in Ft. Worth. Then we'll have chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and Sandra's cobbler. We'll send him back full as a tick and worn out! I'm glad to hear that he knows of the Dalton Gang. They got overshadowed in the romantic view of the West by the James Gang.

Vikie, I hope Jim goes to PT. My trainer (68 years old) and I joke all the time about doing all we can to avoid the wheelchair phase of life!

Pam, "chickidoodles"? Love it.

DH is back from taking the boys to school and grocery shopping. Time to bathe the baby and go to the gym for cardio.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning ladies. Its cold and dreary here in the North East. I wish spring would get here and stay. As I was with DD at the bus stop this morning, I could see my breath. Not a good thing for May. I'm starting to think we'll be having a cool summer -- not that I don't mind not having high heat, but I would like some warmth!

I did my wi yesterday - stayed the same. I have been doing things 1/2 way - I do need to drop at least the 5 pounds I gained. Ugh.....does anyone have any magic pills that I could take and lose overnight??? I did mix up my workout yesterday. I've been running for 15-20 minutes, doing 20 minutes of treadmill on a high incline (love the feel of the back of my legs doing that). Then yesterday I tried the stairmaster machine -- not a fan. Ended up doing my buddy elliptical for 20 minutes. Not a bad hour - I then did my upper body weights. I may actually try jogging around the block one of these nights - its about a mile. I should be OK doing that without looking like a fool.

I hope everyone is OK from the flooding - what we are seeing around the Mississippi River is horible. I hope no one is affected.

Sandra - I got some wonderful blackberries yesterday at the market. We won't have ones to pick around here unil August. Such a long way off. Enjoy what your getting now!

Hope everyone has a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote