South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone experience a change in TOM while dieting?

So, as soon as I started dieting and exercising, my cycle increased by 3 days which I know is sometimes normal (went from 24 to 27 days), even though I am not starving and only lose about 1 pound per week and am by no means a hardcore exerciser. So, now I've been waiting for TOM since last week. I am now 4 days past my new longer cycle due day (day 31 now), and I have been having cramps for about a week. Anyone else experience something similiar?
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Nicole,
My cycle is a bit weird but I'm pre-menopausal so that's to be expected. I was always very regular and still am, but sometimes I'm exactly 3 days early. I do think that cutting out sugar and bad carbs affects your hormone levels, which will affect your cycle for sure. Also exercising more and eating more "good" fats will also affect your hormone levels too. Others here are on SBD b/c of PCOS per their dr. so it has to have some significant impact.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

The last time I was on sbd I had something weird happen to me. I am on nuvaring (a monthly hormonal birth control ring inserted in the vagina, works similarly to birth control pills) and was using it 100% properly. I was losing maybe 1-2 lbs a week pretty consistently for a while at 5'1 and around 130 lbs. So halfway through my cycle I get my period, about 2 weeks early, with the ring still inserted! I called my gyno and since I was using it properly and a preg test was negative we just chalked it up to the "rapid"weight loss. I had probably dropped about 8 lbs in a month time and for my size thats a lot. I definitely was not starving myself and my exercise level was at best minimal. Anyways that's just one experience I had...
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I find my cycle is a little crazy, but that's normal for me. What I did find that's great is I have almost no PMS symptoms while following SBD...no crankiness!! I do have the few pound weight gain though!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

i was getting worried as day 31 came and i had actually lost weight this week, but i finally got the TOM. my body must just be adjusting to all of the recent changes i've made in my eating/exercising.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote