South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Default Jamba Juice

For teacher appreciation week my school is buying us all Jamba Juice. I am on phase 1. Does anyone know of anything phase 1 friendly? I can't find anything. I have to have my order in by 9....thanks!
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

um...i don't think there is anything phase 1 friendly on their menu. I believe even their green juices have fruit in them.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I would kindly ask them for water - I do not see anything on their website that would be Phase 1 friendly . . . sugars are very high on all even he mostly-veggie. Or maybe they have tea??? Some Jamba Juice has Leaf Teas . . .
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #4  

I figured as much...oh well. I will go without. It isn't completely worth it, as my favorite thing has something like almost 100 grams of carbs and if I am not having my favorite than it is a waste of the effort I have put in thus far. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I think for Phase 1, you have made a very wise choice! Pat yourself on the back!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I was also going to suggest a tea cuz those can't have really any carbs- do they?!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #7  

I tried to order just tea, but it seems as though I had to order from the delivery menu, which had NOTHING except water that was okay LOL. So, I ordered water as to not feel left out. On a side note, today I got a gift card to Olive Garden, one to Starbucks, and some awesome chocolates. I have not touched any of it, and won't. Not for a VERY long time. I was pretty proud of myself yesterday. A parent wanted to buy me lunch, and I ordered albacore tuna salad on greens from Paradise Bakery. I gave the cookie to a student, scraped off the carrots and used my own dressing on the greens instead of what came with. It was hard not to order a sandwish or something though. I have a few pats on the back for myself Oh, and the school made us breakfast Monday (pancakes, pastries, juice, bacon) and I had none of it. I wanted some, but I did not see anything SB friendly. My coworker/best friend is doing this with me (she introduced me to SB and bought me the book) and decided to be off plan all week for the teacher celebrations. I had just started on Sunday so I didn't see that as a choice. It is supposed to be a lifestyle change, and I am sure there will be other events (many) in which I will be turning down things. I have to start somewhere.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/200

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTrueToYou View Post
I tried to order just tea, but it seems as though I had to order from the delivery menu, which had NOTHING except water that was okay LOL. So, I ordered water as to not feel left out. On a side note, today I got a gift card to Olive Garden, one to Starbucks, and some awesome chocolates. I have not touched any of it, and won't. Not for a VERY long time. I was pretty proud of myself yesterday. A parent wanted to buy me lunch, and I ordered albacore tuna salad on greens from Paradise Bakery. I gave the cookie to a student, scraped off the carrots and used my own dressing on the greens instead of what came with. It was hard not to order a sandwish or something though. I have a few pats on the back for myself Oh, and the school made us breakfast Monday (pancakes, pastries, juice, bacon) and I had none of it. I wanted some, but I did not see anything SB friendly. My coworker/best friend is doing this with me (she introduced me to SB and bought me the book) and decided to be off plan all week for the teacher celebrations. I had just started on Sunday so I didn't see that as a choice. It is supposed to be a lifestyle change, and I am sure there will be other events (many) in which I will be turning down things. I have to start somewhere.
Great job! The hardest part about phase 1 is really sticking to it and not allowing yourself to cheat. You'll feel so accomplished at the end of the two weeks and I'm sure you'll see it in pounds too I just restarted SB just recently and while doing phase 1, I actually had to spit out a piece of chocolate from my boss's desk when I unconsciously unwrapped and put it in my mouth.
jewels2730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you!!! I can tell you from experience that your friend will feel like CRAP by the time the celebrating is done. I did the same thing for Christmas and by the time it was over I felt fat, disgusting, and just pure gross. It was definitely not worth it!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #10  

Thanks everyone! AND- yesterday a child had a birthday. He brought in cupcakes, and I have never really been a cake person. They were the type that are in the shape of a cake, so by the time I was done helping to get them seperated my fingers were COVERED in frosting. I have never felt a stronger urge to eat something, ever. It was sort of weird how badly I wanted the frosting, and that would have led to a cupcake or two, and the chocolates, and olive garden for dinner. I had a wuick movie play of going back to my old ways, wiped the frosting off, put some hand sanitizer on for good measure and was happy. I never imagined it would be hard though....I am not even a cake person!