Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #1  

Default Any golfers here?..

I haven't played golf in 33 years, but I dragged out my clubs a few days ago & am thinking about hitting the driving range once a week or so... this won't be my only exercise - I go to the gym 4 days a week for a variety of workouts... just hoping to supplement with golf, plus it'll be nice to do something outside...

Any advice for getting started will be appreciated... ya know, warm-up exercises, stretches, that kind of thing... not expecting a golf lesson!..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #2  

Guess not........ thanks anyway!..

hugs
Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

i play golf! im not very good.
you can always go to the driving range and hit balls around or if you're really interested, you can invest in lessions.

what i see most players do before they start is hold a club above and behind their head and twist back and forth. i guess this is important to loosen your waist muscle since most of the rotation is coming from there.
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #4  

Thanks, bellaella!.. I've seen that stretch too... I've been doing something similar, just holding a kettlebell in front of me (against my body, about waist-level) & turning from side to side... doing the same move with the golf club on my shoulders would be more convenient on the driving range!..

I took lessons 40 years ago & was a decent golfer for a few years, but got fed up with the frustrations that came with it... I quit "cold turkey" one March day in 1978!.. I've thought many times over the years about getting back out on the course, so maybe this time I'll really do it...

hugs