South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily SBD Chat, 5/5

Good morning and happy Thursday! I know I'll probably have to end up merging, as one of you is probably posting at the same time.

It's a bright, sunny day, although a mite chilly for this time of year. It's better than another day of rain, though. I'll be spending this morning at Susie's, since yesterday Audrey wasn't feeling well and was home. She was feeling better by noon, though, and I took her to school in time to have lunch with her friends.

I'm going out to the garden to pick fresh lettuce for my salad, but I'll be back to chat a bit more before I take off for the day.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just running out the door for a 14+ hour day before the calm! I hope to be back this afternoon from the office. Weeeeeeee
Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! The sun seems to be poking out this morning (though the high is still only in the mid-50s), but it's certainly a step-up from yesterday's rain!

Today's my first day of phase 1.5, and I am so excited about the apple sitting in my fridge waiting for me, lol. Also considering getting into some more intense workouts, has anyone tried the 30-day shred video I've been hearing so much about lately? I'm tempted to run out and give it a go! Also did a bunch of 5Ks last year and found out there's one in town this Sunday...half of me really wants to do it, whereas the other half is worried I haven't trained AT ALL for it...I'll give it some more thought today...

Have a good one ladies!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

There's been a mistake! The sun is shining! Disney thinks there's been a mistake too as she gets no breakfast this morning. We are off to the vet shortly for tooth cleaning and a very thorough check-up. She's in the early stages of kidney failure but we'll cope.

After the vet, I'll tackle some cheque writing for the Mill and shorten some new smaller size 14 pants just in case we get summer. After lunch I'm off to the Fair Hall to label and price plants folks bring in for the Saturday sale. I'm taking my cell in case the vet calls to tell me to come to get my furry baby. I'm kind of hoping for some garden time - too wet to plant but I sure could cut back and split some perennials.

So - I don't have to deal with a sick child, construction, or a 12 hour real work day - I'm good!

Hope your Thursday is just as much fun.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #5  
Trying to Loose.... Again

S/C/G: 190.6/188/155

It's raining and yucky here. Kind of depressing, really.

I had an uber stressful day & ate some carbs last night. *sigh* I was my first 'mess up', but unlike previous dies I didn't feel like a complete failure. I just felt like I could pick it back up in the morning.

After only 2 days of South Beaching I lost almost 2 lbs, so I was pretty excited about that. Course I 'messed up' last night. Hopefully it won't be really bad.

Today I have friends coming for lunch. There will be plenty of greens I can eat, so I'm not worried about that. I'll be happy for the social interaction. Sometimes being a SAHM is isolating!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I hope your day is fun and interesting to make it go by faster! Be safe!

ILRPinkGirl, your apple is going to taste like the best treat you've ever had. Eat it slowly and savor each bite. I've never done the 30 day shred, but I do know that several others here have done it and will probably comment. Enjoy your sunshine today!

Ruth, I hope the vet has some encouraging news about sweet Disney.

It is so beautiful outside this morning that I came in to get a refill of coffee to enjoy while taking in all the glory of the day unfolding. My azaleas are all in bloom and my hostas have all opened up in my shade garden. My veggie garden is looking good, too, and the carrots I planted last week are already up.
Life is good.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Today we have an insurance adjustor coming to examine our roof from a past hail storm. Of course it would be forecast to rain! Hopefully he won't show up in the middle of our morning workout.

Teen has another busy day... AP exam number 4 and tonight is his first "dance" show. DH and I may go watch but it is 2 hours and he is only in one short number of that. We'll see. They perform tomorrow too.

Not much else happening here.

Hi to all the new chicks! Welcome
Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started this morning. Looks like you did it "solo". It's chilly here this morning, too. Your yard sounds beautiful!

Cyndi, see you later!

Ashley, lots of folks like to shred...I've never tried. I'll bet you could do a 5K...especially when it's not super hot out.

Ruth, I hope things work out well for Disney. Glad you finally have some sunshine!

Blessed2Mother5, great job getting back on track. Nice that you have friends coming over for lunch.

Karen, hope you get your workout in!

Rose(TallandThin), thinking of you this morning.

Natasha, congrats on winning the contest!

Me, up early, but with quite a list already. I'm moving a bed from our upstairs from Kirks DD's stay. We have moved our workout equipment upstairs and it's getting a little crowded. I'll dig weeds at my mom's later but I have to remember there are things to do here, too. OP yesterday and planning for another.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-05-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #9  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good morning. Can I sneak in here for a quick cup of coffee? I woke early this morning so thought I would stop by and visit for a bit before getting on with my day.

Linda, thanks for getting us started. It is supposed to be a bright sunny warm day here today too and I plan on enjoying every bit of it. Can't tell yet though as it is still dark outside.

Cyndi, hope you hold up during your long day and can find just a few minutes of "me" time in there somewhere.

Ashley, enjoy your apple girl, you deserve it. I know I look forward to mine every now and again.

Ruth, good luck to Disney and the teeth cleaning. Boy that procedure doesn't come cheap down here in California. I was checking around yesterday and it seems to run between $400-$600! That adds up if you have more than one dog. Plus it is so scary putting a short snout dog under..........will have to think about it for a while.

Blessed2Mother5, that is a good attitude to have. Just don't dwell on the past and keep looking forward. What does SAHM stand for?

Karen, Good luck with the insurance adjuster and hope the rain holds off until he can do his job.

Morning Debbie, sounds like you have a busy day planned. Hope you get lots done.

As for me, plan to spend lots of time outside today enjoying the sun. May try to wash the car if I feel up to it and perhaps even blow off the deck. Will see how I feel as the morning evolves. Blood work came back perfect on Monday so hopefully the next two will too and I'll be all set.

Later and hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Rose(TallandThin), Congrats! on making your third goal Glad to hear your bloodwork came back ok.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am so glad it's Thursday, can't wait til tomorrow at work is done, I am ready for the weekend.

It's a mad rush trying to get everything ready for DD1 graduation in a couple of weeks. My parents and two of my sisters are coming so I am trying to get everything deep cleaned at home- still need to shampoo the carpets, but at least all of the rooms have been cleaned up...just minor stuff.

I have to complete a scrapbook for her party- I got everything together and got the scrapbook but now need to put it together plus get decorations for her party.

Did I mention that I do not like planning for parties hehe. After her graduation we will leave a couple of days later for my nieces graduation in Atlanta as well.

Rose- glad your bloodwork came back ok

Cyndi- Hang in there

Alright got to get back to work. Have a great day everyone
Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Think back to reading to your kids "My, it is SUCH a busy day!" (Richard Scary book I thnk . . )

You have all been and are so busy today, I feel rather like a slug. So far, all I have gotten done was make breakfast and lunches and take the kids to school! Oh, and a few trig problems over the phone for a panicky student. I am working from home today, and she just kinda panicked. Chuckle.

Continue to be well, all.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/212/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies. Shelby here. Glad everyone is starting to see the sun. Today is day 4 in Phase one. I haven't had any headaches or real craving and I believe it's because when Im not eating every pastry in sight, I eat a fairly clean diet. Two things I miss fruit, the sf jello does help, and I am getting tired of eggs. Too early for THAT to start! All else is going good. I feel good.

Enjoy the sunshine all and have a fabulous day!

Oh, my GO ME for the day: The had Cinco De Mayo day in our cafeteria, I work in a hotel, and I just enjoyed my salad and grilled chicken. It took less than the blink of an eye for my resolve to firm up. I knew that the food isn't the clean mexican I know how to make but fat laden and carb rich that within minutes would feel like cement w/ floating grease in my stomach. Here I sit, light lean and nourished. GO ME!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Well our bill passed, 90-55! Just 2 days ago we only had 70-75 definite yeses so all that work really paid off. Now we have a few bonus days off. Unfortunately for me I'm covering a training tonight, so not only do I have a super long day I'm also trying to stay focused and alert after the adrenaline rush is gone. I foresee lots of coffee And maybe a walk if the rain would just stop.

I have tomorrow off and am deciding between the 5 hour drive to surprise Mom and a three day weekend at home catching up on sleep and housework. It might depend on how I feel at 10:30 when I get home.

Hope the sun is out where you are!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-05-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Congrats, Cyndi!
Closed Thread