Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default Positive Uplifting Notification...one Positive Thing About Me Today Is...part 15

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART FIFTHTEEN........

Today, I am Happy once again, to give birth to Part FIFTHTEEN of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will in some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count
Aggie
Old 04-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #2  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay my sweet little diva"s

Here we go!!!!!! Let's rock our way into a
healthier, thinner, even more positive US!!!!!!

Let's get this party started!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  

We'll All Be Keen On Part Fifteen!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/371.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Ladies, I Just had to pop in here to tell you how absolutely fantastic I am feeling about myself these days. One of my biggest excuses used to be that I was too busy to eat healthily and that I didn't have time to make good decisions. Or, even if I wanted to, there were too many occasions to eat out and there are no healthier options for me because I don't eat seafood.

This is all poppycock.

I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday last night and I actually ate a salad for dinner. Granted, it was a steak salad, but it was a lean cut of steak and I could actually see how much of a portion I was getting. I got the dressing on the side so I could see how much I was adding and ration myself appropriately. Instead of binging in the bread basket, I had one smallish triangle of pita bread and then nothing else.

Oh, and earlier yesterday I went to get a haircut for the first time in about 8 months. My hair was long (as it has been for the past five years) and kind of raggedy looking. Since I just had my 30th birthday about a month ago, I went to the woman and just said that I wanted a change. I didn't know what I wanted, but I wanted something more contemporary and fun and that would make me look different. She cut about five inches off my hair and gave me an A-line cut (which is slightly shorter in the back and then gets longer around the front) and it looks phenomenal. I got SO MANY compliments on my hair last night and people were saying how great I looked and that I was glowing. As I continue on this weight loss journey, I feel like some of the negativity and sadness and angst is being peeled away and revealing the happy, outgoing, positive person I am inside. It's kind of exciting to realize

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #5  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

MBW:
I am letting my hair grow out until i reached the 100lbs lost mark. Its already down the middle of my back. But I bet your hair looks sweet.

Lynn
Old 04-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #6  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I have been avoiding this thread for a very, very looooong time...so uncomforatble expressing self-compassion. But it's one of my resolutions for the year, to develop more compassion and kindness for myself. Especially my body.

Assertiveness and self-confidence I got - lots! So I'll start there:

I am so proud of how far I've come in developing my assertive nature and confidence in myself and my abilities and talents! I love who I am today!

(Do we have to do this everyday?)
Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlackWoman View Post
Ladies, I Just had to pop in here to tell you how absolutely fantastic I am feeling about myself these days. One of my biggest excuses used to be that I was too busy to eat healthily and that I didn't have time to make good decisions. Or, even if I wanted to, there were too many occasions to eat out and there are no healthier options for me because I don't eat seafood.

This is all poppycock.

I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday last night and I actually ate a salad for dinner. Granted, it was a steak salad, but it was a lean cut of steak and I could actually see how much of a portion I was getting. I got the dressing on the side so I could see how much I was adding and ration myself appropriately. Instead of binging in the bread basket, I had one smallish triangle of pita bread and then nothing else.

Oh, and earlier yesterday I went to get a haircut for the first time in about 8 months. My hair was long (as it has been for the past five years) and kind of raggedy looking. Since I just had my 30th birthday about a month ago, I went to the woman and just said that I wanted a change. I didn't know what I wanted, but I wanted something more contemporary and fun and that would make me look different. She cut about five inches off my hair and gave me an A-line cut (which is slightly shorter in the back and then gets longer around the front) and it looks phenomenal. I got SO MANY compliments on my hair last night and people were saying how great I looked and that I was glowing. As I continue on this weight loss journey, I feel like some of the negativity and sadness and angst is being peeled away and revealing the happy, outgoing, positive person I am inside. It's kind of exciting to realize

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
Awesome MBW! A New Doo, A New You!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
(Do we have to do this everyday?)
Georgia- Everyday isn't neccessary, come when ever you feel the urge to toot your own horn!

Learn
Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #9  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey chickies,
I snuck away from everyone to take a peep at how part 15 was getting along and I am loving it!!!!

MBW,
isn't it amazing re-finding yourself, the you that you really are underneath all the stuff and walls we have built for ourselves. As a friend of mine says, after losing over 100 lbs, the new funkier me has come out to play. Rebirth is a joyous occassion, enjoy my loves.
Now sweetie pie, any chance we can have a look see at the new doo, the new you, that is finding herself and loving herself!!! Rock momma, cause I am here rocking for ya too!!!!!

Blanche,
I knew you would come up with something cheerful and awesome to say about part 15!!! I can always rely on you!!!! Smooches

Georgia,
I am thrilled that you have put avoiding us to side and stepped up to the plate. It seems to me that you have started with two sensational positives sweetie, and I know if you are full of confidence about yourself, that your self love is in there somewhere. So take that assertiveness and put it to work, so that when you look at the woman in mirror, all you have is love for her!!!!
I would love for you too share your talents with us. I love getting to know all my ladies, friends, sisters, shucks family here, cause that is what we are.

It would be amazing if you can post a positive everyday, becasue it will surely build you and your self esteem up and hey it will help us too. Lots of times when we posts and we read, you are not only helping yourself but we all take something special away with us too. So please come back as much as you want and let us cheer you on!!!!

hugs love and blessings,
remember to make evey moment count,
Ags

Gotta run, they are calling my name. LOL LOL NO really they are calling my name!!!! BE back tomorrow with all of my positivies!!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening all you wonderful ladies,

I know it has been a while since I have posted and I apologize I have just had alot going on and until last sunday I wasn't really watching what I was eating I have been kind of depressed a little bit since I got laid off from my temporary job on March 4th and I still haven't found another job yet but I have signed up with another job agency so that makes 3 job agencies that I have signed up with and of course I am on the computer looking for jobs at all the job websites like michigan works, careerbuilders, and monster.

So, we got our taxes back and I decided to buy myself a better food scale and I actually bought one that comes with a food code book and it will tell you how many calories something is by how much it weighs so like for example grapes...you look up the code for grapes and enter the code and the put the bowl you want to measure the grapes in on the scale and then zero it out and then put the grapes in and you can put in as much or as little as you want and it will tell you how many cals, carbs, sodium, etc. I love it and when I got on the scale last sunday I weighed 288.9 ( yikes I know) but then today when I got on the scale I am down to 285.4 so that puts me at 3.5 lbs lost for the week.

I have been reading everyone's posts to try to get motivated and keep myself motivated and since I got my food scale and have started using it that has really gotten me motivated so that is why I thought I would come back here and jump back in.

Learn...I am doing good other than not having a job I am doing pretty well thank you for asking.

Well, that is about all for tonight I have to go change my ticker now but I will be back tomorrow.

Hope all you ladies are doing wonderful
Heather
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #11  

Good Morning!

Slacking this morning, although I got up at 4 am. I had my 2 cups of coffee and went back to bed. I will catch up on personals later today.

Make it a great day everyone!

Learn
Old 04-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #12  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: Dream big dreams! Imagine that you have no limitations and then decide what's right before you decide what's possible. - Brian Tracy

positive action: Back in the saddle again. I will be doing my exercises today. I lost 3 more lbs. So I finally broke the 330s.

Ladies,
I hope you have a wonderful day!!! I will try too!!

Lynn
Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #13  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning my chipper roo's,

Today is the day that the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!!

After last night's stroms and tornado watch's, and thanking God Almighty that my area was spared and praying for those who's was not, today is a beautiful day with bright sunshine!!!!

As promised I am back!!!!!! Every since Thurs there has been lots going on in my life. Good stuff.
I made it thru the work week just fine, ate well, endurance was great, and actually had fun. Everyday after work, I would come home and the grandkids would wear daddy and I completely out but it was a good wear out......I do love my Malaki and McKenzi, they are the lights of my life. Friday the girls came over and it was a fun time in the city!!!! Ashlan brought her new bow with her and we had fresh made homemade shrimp salad and homemade crab cakes.......barely a trace of sodium at all!!!!! Yay me!!!! I made fresh salsa and made my own wheat tortilla chips. The salsa was spicy just like I love it and I only had a few of the chips. Yay me again!!!!! We watched a movie called Salt, with Angelina Jolie and it was great, and then we played spades until about 2:00 am. It was so much fun. Yesterday, I was surprised to see our relatives from Maryland at my front door. I just love us country folks, the bond is amazing, the way we are.......soooo close knit, family is just everything to us. Especailly my hubby's side...........mine was like that too, but since most of mine is gone now, I suck up all the love from his side and what's left on mine. LOL LOL Oh how I remember the picnic's, the cookout, the fish fry's, every Christmas morning the whole family, and I mean my sister's household and ours, the Christmas breakfast was on huge family gathering. I am sitting here just smiling writing about it!!!!! WELL I guess you all get the picture as to how my week and weekend has been. Today will be rest and quite time and prepare for the new work week. My next positive is that next week I only have to work for three days and then I get to meet my Stella from here on 3fc!!!!! I will be meeting her on Friday. So as you can see, my positives are over flowing.

So here to all of you having a super fantastic day and even more a fun filled positive week!!!! I have read all of your post and congrats on all each and every one of you have accomplished!!!!

I would like to say Heather,
so happy to see you back here. Glad you are back on track, and remember what I told you awhile back.............speak life into your situations and the rest will follow,, you job in within your reach, just speak it!!!! and even more so.....BELIEVE IT!!!!!! Love ya girl.

Blanche,
Get your rest baby!!!!

Lynn,
congrats on another THREE pound biting the dust!!!!

K, ladies I am outta here, time to spend some alone time with daddy!!! For all who do not know (the newbies), daddy is my husband. I call him daddy and he calls me mommie, so there ya go!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make evey moment count,
Loving you all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-17-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #14  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good Sunday morning to everyone. The house is quiet, so I can be on my computer for a bit before I have to start making breakfast. I feel very bright and awake this morning. It feels good.

So, one positive thing about me today...I love how much I value personal growth and that I'm not afraid of the struggle. I think that's a really good thing about me.

Aggie, you asked for a list of my talents:
I am intelligent ..and quick witted...which isn't always an appreciated talent by others.
I am funny!
I can read my children's minds! (I know this for I often hear the words, "But how did you know?!" coming out of their mouths.)
I have an incredible ability at spacial orientation. That means I can picture things in my head really well.
I can recognize voices.
I have strong color memory, like I can buy thread at the fabric store for fabric I bought years ago and left it at home. And it matches!

As a result of having these talents, I have strong skills as well:
I am a good writer, albeit not-yet-paid
I am a good mother
I have design, artistic and craft skills - I'm a web designer, custom clothier, furniture builder
I am a good cook and have no problem putting together dinner parties for more than 20 people
I am a good dancer
I am a good public speaker

That's enough for now...I want to hear about everyone else's talents and skills.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies
It has been a loooonnnggg time since I posted but I've been working out for about a month now and I thought it was time that I started posting again. Have a good day
Closed Thread