Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Drastic HELP NEEDED ASAp

Okay heres my dilema...............and i know alot of people will give me the same old answers of healthy lifestyle etc etc.

THING IS i know what im meant to do to lose weight and i have been doing it. But my body is just not responding. I Feel sooo low. I started a 12 week challange about 5 weeks ago and was all going well untill about a forghtnight ago,i only had 4lb to lose untill my first stone. Now im frightened to step on the scale as i know it will have all went back on.

I have been exercising and been doing slim fast through the week. My meals have been low fat ( had the odd takeaway on weekend) but no indulging.

Normally the weight would drop of like this it has in the past............NOW it just wont budge i feel mega fat and bloated my bodys retaining water at a terrible rate, ive been drinking lots of water but its not working. I only have 7weeks untill my holiday and im gutted, back in january i thought i would have at least a few stone off by now. Its been a constant struggle. Now i probably only have time to aim for a stone its my last chance.

I know even a stone would make me fell better in my clothes etc. But the thought of going on holiday feeling like this just fills me with dread, and i dont want to spoil it for my partner by being hung up about myself and feeling sluggish and bloated.

SO ..........what i need is some HELP..........some good tips and diets to try to get fast RESULTS...........REMEMBER i know ........this isnt the best way for long lasting weightloss...........but this is only for a short term goal..when i come home off holiday i will get back on that lifestyle wagon. I just want to feel less bloated , slimmer , have more energy.
First im gona purcahse some water balance tablets see if i ca shift some water weight and i have a nice pan of veg soup on the hob as week speak.

Advice etc most appriciated
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

If you're feeling bloated, watch your sodium. You might also try switching things up, trying a different plan to see if it helps. Good luck!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm a little confused. You say your body isn't responding, but it sounds like it did, for the first 5 weeks, and it's only been the last 2 when it hasn't? Our bodies don't lose weight in a linear fashion, so it may be that you've had a stall.

As for fast results, most of us will tell you that anything we might recommend would likely boomerang on you. Those fast fast fast programs might help you lose quickly, but then it comes back on quickly because the programs aren't sustainable. That can be devastating, and often puts people on a yo-yo diet path.

If your goal is to lose the weight and KEEP it off, the best advice I have is to find a plan that you can sustain!

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

maybe try counting calories instead and watch your sodium. what are you doing for exercise? is your time of the month coming up? that can definitely effect the scale. do you take your measurements? sometimes you can be losing inches and not pounds which translate to you looking better anyways.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Ive been doing tae bo and cross trainer for exercise. I did feel like i lost inches but past 2 weeks i feel like mr blobby
Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #6  
Slow and sure chick

You probably need to stay away from takeaways and watch your sodium.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

OK I'll play the token low-carber...

Stop eating low-fat and eat low-carb! Eat real food instead of Slimfast! If what you're doing isn't working for you, change what you're doing. Low-carb will likely show you some quick results but it is a lifestyle change so try to stick with it even after you drop a few pounds!
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #8  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

if you want REALLY fast, REALY dramatic, really HARDCARE
fatloss,
i suggest Tom Venutos Rapid Fat Loss Plan. its a short term PSMF diet (protein sparing modified fast diet) with amazing results, but you have to follow it a T and it is REALLY low cal..... you also need to do his workouts (which only consist of a few basic maintenence lifts a couple times a week, to preserve lean muscle mass) otherwise you do NOT exercise on this diet.

if youre desperate though.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Lucky8, can I offer some constructive criticism?

You *always* post threads about wanting quick fast results - and you always end up right back to square 1. You've done this for months (years, even?).

Until you embrace the idea that you need a SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY PLAN that can be maintained for life and get out of this "quick fix" mentality, you will again end up back at square 1.

Yes, I know you say that this is only a short term solution to get back on the wagon, but be honest with yourself, how many times have you said that before????

I think you need to be more honest with yourself
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Stop letting your concern about your weight rule your life. Not enjoying your holiday because you don't weigh what you want is madness. Making yourself sick trying to get ready for a vacation is even worse!
Live your life well no matter what your weight. Enjoy the 10 lbs you have lost and find an eating plan you can stick to consistently for the long haul.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #11  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Lucky8, can I offer some constructive criticism?

You *always* post threads about wanting quick fast results - and you always end up right back to square 1. You've done this for months (years, even?).

Until you embrace the idea that you need a SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY PLAN that can be maintained for life and get out of this "quick fix" mentality, you will again end up back at square 1.

Yes, I know you say that this is only a short term solution to get back on the wagon, but be honest with yourself, how many times have you said that before????

I think you need to be more honest with yourself
yes and im sure im not the only one who finds them selves yoyoing. Lifes not so black and white and some people struggle more than others just because i have joined a forum doesnt mean that that the magic tool. In effect yes i know i fall off the wagon but majority of the time i do not, and just hit a wall. In this instance i just wanted a kick start, everyone knows a little few pounds off gives you motivation to lose more,and when you hit a wall it discourages u. EVERYONE is different and evryones lives is different. = everyones weightloss is different.
take my hat off to those who have found a way that has worked for them.......but there are still those of us out there still struggling and use this forum for help and advice.
i take your criticism constructivly but in regards to my other posts does it really matter?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #12  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

The only thing I can offer is that the only time I am able to lose weight is when I modify my diet. I am completely unable to lose weight through exercise. I don't "diet" in the sense of restricting calories, but I do change what I allow myself to eat significantly and follow a strict anti-inflammatory diet plan when I'm on the program. I lost 25 lbs last year on this program, but then got lazy and started eating what I wanted which allowed me to maintain until about January of this year and since January I've put on 7 lbs. So I am going back on this diet starting today which will also include cutting out coffee and alcohol and drinking only water or green tea.

My doctor told me that "you lose weight with diet, you get fit with exercise". I know you said you're doing slim-fast but slim-fast isn't real food. I'd suggest finding a real food plan that appeals to you, whether it's low-fat or low-carb and making this a lifestyle change.

Good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #13  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
yes and im sure im not the only one who finds them selves yoyoing. Lifes not so black and white and some people struggle more than others just because i have joined a forum doesnt mean that that the magic tool. In effect yes i know i fall off the wagon but majority of the time i do not, and just hit a wall. In this instance i just wanted a kick start, everyone knows a little few pounds off gives you motivation to lose more,and when you hit a wall it discourages u. EVERYONE is different and evryones lives is different. = everyones weightloss is different.
take my hat off to those who have found a way that has worked for them.......but there are still those of us out there still struggling and use this forum for help and advice.
i take your criticism constructivly but in regards to my other posts does it really matter?
I think she's trying to get through to you that you should look at changing your mindset completely. No more kick starts, no more lose it fast at first then shape up, no more "I'll get back on the wagon IF I can lose a few pounds first". I think the point is that you need to find your wagon first, then do the work to get on and stay on.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #14  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

its tricky to balance wanting to loose with the right plan for you. I think trying others ideas and them failing can be JUST as big as a failure as hitting a 2 week plateau.
If you continue your plan of low calories and exercise u willl guarantee results eventually, providing lots of water, change every now and then and a positive attitude.
only you can make it happen, on any plan u follow, its persistence and hard work that really pays off, not moving from one thing to another.
The biggest hurdle is admitting plateaus happen(physically and mentally), take time to overcome and that honesty will only benefit you getting through them.
Non scale victories have become my focus, and i feel better for it.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #15  
~Kim~

My last go around I was just counting calories and doing very well. After about 3 weeks I hit a stall where I only lost 1lb a couple weeks in a row. We all know any loss is good, but with what I was doing and how much weight I have to lose, it was really discouraging. I looked over my numbers on fitday and decided that perhaps I was getting too many carbs. The next week I modified my diet so that I was still counting calories and I also made sure I was getting under 100 net grams of carbs a day. That week I lost 3.5lbs. In March I restarted calorie counting and also keeping my carbs under 100g. I lost 14.4 lbs that month.

So my point is that really watching your carb intake can make a big difference for some people. It definitely does for me.

Also it doesn't take low fat to lose weight, infact our bodies need healthy fats.

During March my over all average per day was 1430 calories, 58 grams of fat, 91 net carbs and 123grams of protein. I exercised moderately an hour or so 6 days a week. I lost 14.4lbs. I've never had results like that and I've been trying to lose weight for over 10 years. I finally found what works for me.

All I can suggest is trying a different plan. I'd never encourage someone to go on a crash diet just to lose weight ASAP. I hope you find a good fit for you.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote