WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #1  

Default stir fry with salsa--YUM

Hi everyone

I decided to have a home-made taco for lunch. I was wondering if anyone else has ever added salsa to their veggies in a stir-fry?
I couldn't believe how good it was and no points too!!!

I stir-fried bit of broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper. I coated all the veggies with Pam and 1t. olive oil, then added black pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder. I had the salsa sitting out so I added some which I have never done before. I also stir-fried 3 oz. of chicken and added cumin and more salsa to the wok. I microwaved a small corn tortilla then added the veggie/chicken mix. It was so delicious that I HAD to share with all of you!

I have not added up the points but I don't think it's all that much!
junesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I have developed a love for salsa since I've been doing WW. My favorite 1pt breakfast is to microwave 1/2 c of Egg Beaters and top with a little bit of salsa. It's a major protein boost in the mornings. I also top my baked potatoes with sauteed veggies and salsa. And one of my husbands 'signature' meals is chicken breasts topped with salsa and baked.
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I sometimes top my "Tex-Mex" creations with a lime crema. Mix a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt with a squeeze of lime and some chopped cilantro and use as sour cream. If you like spice like I do, it's perfect for cooling down the dish.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote