Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default 290's Club

I'm not here yet, but I will be in just 10 lbs. I'm thinking positive, and no longer going to be a slave to the thought that I weigh over 300 lbs. I also don't care to remain in the 300+ threads once I break past the threshold of 299.5. There is no going back!!!!

I've been in the Who wants to get out of the 300s with me??? thread, started by Reptogirl, for a little over two weeks. It's really helped me refocus and gave me a forward-thinking impetus towards a renewed emotional commitment.

So, I thought I'd start this thread, hoping others in the 290s range would contribute, and this thread could get rolling and be fully functional by the time I arrive. I reserve the right to lurk!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

haha...well i am obviously not here yet either, but something to work towards, so thanks for starting this thread
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

Is there no one who is in the 290s? Maybe it's a scary number. Maybe, having just vacated the 300s, no one is ready to give up their good support team. Or maybe your mindset is so entrenched in the 300s that being in the 290s doesn't seem real.

Perhaps you're coming at this from the other direction. You can't admit to yourself that you've come so dangerously close to 300 that posting here is out of the question to you.

Whatever your situation, that's okay. I'm hoping to permanently slide below 300 soon, and I don't mind writing and writing and writing, even if it's to myself.

Maybe some big movie director will read this someday, find it utterly fascinating and decide to make a movie of my life...

I really need my coffee!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #4  

georgia you are great and i love your post so much. i guess i need to bust my butt so i can join you here bc i don't want movie director to overlook me either haha...fun to dream all the same
Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

I have decided to inspire myself in a new, more tangible way to "legally" move into this thread.

I am a textile hoarder. In my world travels, I've amassed quite a collection of fabrics. I have them all tucked away. It's time to get real with them, get rid of the ones that don't speak to me any longer. But I found on Nordstroms.com that they have a designer section with pieces they're carrying now or for the next season. I can print off pictures of the outfits I like and match them up with the fabric, and hang a few pieces in my room for inspiration...because I intend to make them for myself once I break past 300, 275, 250, 200, and then once I reach the ultimate goal of 175.

First outfit...a silk caftan. I actually already have some silk fabric. I would love to wear it for fun on weekends, and it's so flowing and loose that it'll serve it's purpose as I lose weight. I have cool, funky jewelry to wear with it, and if I wanted to go out wine-tasting in it, I have some lovely strappy sandals. And I would probably wear it over leggings. My version cost me less than $100. The Cavali version is $1600!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #6  
Renaissance Woman

I checked the mailbox all week and it would seem the Lord Chamberlain was remiss in posting my invitation to the Royal Wedding in ample time for it to arrive all the way to California.

*sigh* I guess the BBC coverage will have to do.

A proper British breakfast 'fry-up':

Back bacon - 120 calories
Fried eggs - 180 calories
Grilled tomatoes - 30 calories
Fried mushrooms - 60 calories
Toast with butter - 200 calories
Sausages - 210 calories
Baked beans - 130 calories
Hash browns - 190 calories

Total calories...1120 calories

Good God!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

The continuing saga of the one-woman thread...

I weighed in at 306.5 today. Down 2.5 this week. At this rate, I can expect to legally participate in this 290s thread in three weeks.

Just keeping my eyes on the prize!

This morning I read Eat Stop Eat. I really liked it! It made sense to me. It made sense because it explained why, even when I weighed 353 lbs, it was so easy to gain weight when I was eating 2000 calories a day (because I didn't have much muscle mass).

I learned that the only thing that can ramp up my metabolism is to increase my lean muscle mass, and I can only do that with weight training or some other form of weight-bearing exercise (like Pilates).

Assuming all the author's research and conclusions are correct, I learned how valuable fasting is and I am hopeful that regular fasting, in a very short time, will put me in the non-diabetic catagory. I'm already no longer in need of bp meds and I have gorgeous cholesterol levels too. I want to stay drug-free as long as possible, and I'd really like to be supplement-free as well.

What will arriving in the 290s mean to me? The last time I weighed in the 290s, I just had my first son. So, not too far to get to my original pre-pregnancy weight! It'll also mean that I have decluttered and uncomplicated my life enough so that I can really devote time to my health. It would be nice if all the bad memories that came with those 54 lbs would melt away too, but perhaps I'll just look at it as 54 lbs of personal healing.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #8  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

georgia you are doing a fantastic job! i wish this thread had been here when i first started on the site, i was 292 then and busting my butt to get to 28X!

every pound is a victory, so you could look at it as 54 wins!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Georgia - I think its amazing you are going to sew for yourself I am envious of your talent! I wish I could join you here but alas I am far away I hope its okay if I stop in to cheerlead you despite my lack of forward momentum at the moment!
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

Ladies, thank you so much for cheering me on. I'm here to support you too! I was really soooooooo stuck at 320 lbs for so long. I just can't bear to weigh more than 300 any longer. The 290s are so close!

Really, I wonder what I'm going to do the day I break past 300 lbs. First of all, I'll be so obnoxiously happy about it! I'll have to tell everyone about it, whether they care to hear it or not! But I'll also be nervous, like it's not real, or I'll gain it all back the next day. Even now, being so close to 305 and it's hard to mentally accept. And no matter how proud I am of my progress, I still see all my lumps and bumps, I see how my breasts now puddle at the bottom of the bra cups, how some of my pants are tighter through the thigh and waist because the excess skin is filling in the extra space vacated by the stored fat.

Must...stop...focusing...on...the...negative! I'm going to get my fabric out again, because it's pretty and I feel so inspired by it! I plan to rock that silk caftan in six-and-a-half pounds!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #11  
Renaissance Woman

Oh 290s, I think I can see you from here...if only this stupid 6.5lb weight would release me!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #12  

i will probably cry when i make it out of the 300's, as of today ive got about 13 pounds to go and then i will probably freak out like you said...is it for real???

we can do this georgia...we will...you are so stinkin close!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #13  
Renaissance Woman

Oh Repto..."so stinkin' close" was ripped from my fingers this morning! Woke up to 312 on the scale. Totally water weight gain, because I've been keeping the calories well below average intake. My ankles and feet were swollen, as were my hands. It's the start of really warm weather, I spent a lot of time sitting at my desk the last two days, and TOM is back in town. My periods have been so erratic as I'm on approach with the menopause thing. We must be making up for lost time.

I was really frustrated all morning, especially since tomorrow is weigh-in for our fitness challenge at my Pilates studio. I sooooooo wanted to register a 14-lb loss. I stomped around a bit and made some noise, but then I made a pot of coffee, drank a lot of green tea and water, took my cranberry capsules and been peeing my brains out all day. I even put on my compression stocking that I haven't had to wear in a year. And a pair of compression shorts. I may sleep in them.

I kept calories very low today. Very, very low on the carbs (like 20 gm net!). Had a big, BIG serving of dandelion greens. They have good "elimination" properties. I hope all my efforts pay off and get me back down below 310. Will keep you posted!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #14  

aww i hope everything you did today pays off tomorrow for your weigh in!!!! it is almost my TOM seems like it is always that time so just as i am getting back on track i am going to deal with the rollercoaster of temporary weight gain, not to mention the intense cravings.

good luck on the scale in the morning!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #15  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post

A proper British breakfast 'fry-up':

Back bacon - 120 calories
Fried eggs - 180 calories
Grilled tomatoes - 30 calories
Fried mushrooms - 60 calories
Toast with butter - 200 calories
Sausages - 210 calories
Baked beans - 130 calories
Hash browns - 190 calories

Total calories...1120 calories

Good God!
Im British, this is something we rarely eat. For most people its something they may have a few times a year and scrap the hash browns straight away as they arent common.

Its usually all grilled too besides the fried egg
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote