Height: 5' 5"

Default Weeklychat May 2nd- 8th

Well done America. Bib Laden dead... you got him :
Small comfort for the bereaved relatives I know, but it might help a little
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, Jojo, that step was taken. I'm sure that we all wish our world could be better than it is, but, since it isn't, I'm not sorry that this assassination happened.

Sandra, the performance was good. The stage--cement--was absolutely awful.

Yesterday, we celebrated DH's granddaughter's first birthday. I made a Barbie cake which she really liked. She just looked at the doll figurine with big, wide eyes and dug right in. I did very well and had only a sliver of the cake and ate the rest of the goodies quite modestly.

I didn't sleep much last night because of all the storming. We need the rain but the thunder and lightening was quite the show, for HOURS.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm just up after staying up to watch the President last night. I'm proud today of our country for standing up to terrorists. Everyone be careful out there, since I fear there may be some retaliation.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had fun at your show. I'm sure your legs are aching. I need to make a cake for my and Jim's birthday for the 14th but I'm stumped. I want to make our carrot cake but we love nuts in it but some of my family is allergic. Does anyone have an awesome cake recipe...NOT Core or WW or Chocolate that will knock our socks off?

JoJo, I'm happy that Bin Laden is dead for his evil wouldn't have stopped until he took his last breath. As it is, he still has followers. I'm just glad that we have shown the world that we will be relentless, it may take a while, but we will have justice.

Ok....enough politics from me. I apologize but I am amped up this morning! Getting on the scale twice today will bring me back down to earth. In between, that cut and color and then a fabulous birthday dinner out for my husband. He LOVES Chicken Vesuvio and I found a great local restaurant to take him too. I shall try to be moderate.

Love to all the rest of you.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a good night sleep and woke up late 8AM and now my day is shorter than normally.Really don't have much to do but got to the bank and bring my bucket of pennies to the coin machine. Than go to a hardware store to find a flag hook so I can hang my flag out on the wall.The ones I had got rusty and fell apart.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,I'm thankful hes dead,but I'm still afraid we are going to pay the consequences as I agree with Vickie he still have followers all over the USA and I'm sure we are going to get bombed within.

RHONDA-Having a one year grand child is wonderful I remember the day when mine were that age. Did she like her Barbie cake????

VICKIE-Good luck at your WI's and happy to hear you had a wonderful time at your DH birthday dinner

I have to go,as its getting late and I have a few errands to attend to.

Have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

they may have killed him but it aint going to stop all the fitghting over there it may get worse.
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I was up late watching the news last night, too. Today I didn't have to be at school till 10 so that was good.

I am so weak. I brought a salad for lunch but the school counselor had pizza for all of us. I had 2 slices.

Rhonda, what a blessing you and Doyle are here to enjoy watching your grands grow up. Makes these thunderboomers worth it, doesn't it?

Vickie, wish I could help you with a cake idea. Last night there was a lady talking about a passion cake. You might google that. I don't have a clue what it is. Hmmmmmm....think I'll google it now while the biology kids do their work.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #7  

mmmmm pizza x
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #8  

Cake recipe? WELL, now that you asked...look up Texas Sheet Cake...delicious. It's another one that is really good with nuts (pecans) but they're not absolutely necessary.

I just had a killer workout, and I'm headed to the hot tub and a nap.

Yes, Maryann, she loved her cake...both looking at it, and eating it. It was red velvet, with cream cheese icing because that is her mother's favorite.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Cake.............. I love Texas Sheet Cake. Just hadn't thought of it in ages. That's one of my all time favorites for sure. (The passion cake didn't look so good to me.)

Rhonda, Doyle's and my grandmother used to make the best coconut cake with pineapple filling. Ask him if he remembers that. (I'm not sure he likes coconut or not, though.)

I have homemade chicken sour cream enchiladas in the oven. Guess you can see what kind of day I'm having. Pizza, enchiladas, but at least no sugar.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:43 AM   #10  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

No, you are so right the evil lives on. Our city is the home of the SAS so we will have to be extra alert. It's no diffence for us though, because we have had years of the IRA threat. An old school friend of mine lost a son in the London tube bombings. He was blown out of the carriage and under the train. He had missed his usual so took the next. It has ruined her life, she has had to give up her job and still gets many black days. She's not rejoicing about Bin Laden's death, it makes no difference to how she feels.
We are off on a jolly this morning (Going to Abergavenny market Ems) hope the weather holds. It isn't so sunny but the wind has dropped.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #11  

hope you have a good time jojo im off to uni to do work
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

JoJo

I hope your weather holds up and you have a good trip.

I stayed home sick today. I'm aching all over and have a stuffy head. Life goes on.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #13  

Just below our forum is a site discussing Dr. Oz's "green drink." I made it last night and thought it was good. It is blended spinach, celery, apple, parsley, cucumber with ginger and lemon and lime juices. It is a little bitter and strongly tastes like parsley. I added a little apple juice. You can find the recipe on his website. It is not cheap, especially if you use organic veggies as I did. But it's a good way to get in more veggies it seems to me.

This morning I made a shake: 1 T PB, 1 banana, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 cup of Silk Light chocolate soy milk. It is not low calorie particularly but very high protein and very tasty.

Sandra, I'll ask about the cake: coconut and pineapple remind DH of Hawaii, which he loves.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm off to the gym in about an hour.

ps: CNN is reporting that photos of Bin Laden's corpse are likley to be released. I would not want to make that decision. But, if we can see JFK's assassination again and again, why not Bin Laden's?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #14  

Hey, Sandra..see what those enchiladas will do to you! You should have had a margarita too
Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/223/155

Height: 5'5

ok how many points is the Texas Sheet Cake would love cake but how much is it going to cost me? found it. maybe that will b a reward when I reach a goal

Last edited by lostcause; 05-03-2011 at 01:47 PM.
lostcause is offline   Reply With Quote