South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat-Tuesday, May 3

Good Morning

It's been a sleepless night here...don't know why. I've been puttering around getting some things done and now everybody is up. It's nice out and sometimes I'd like to go out for a walk but unfortunately there are wild critters here that I certainly wouldn't want to run into in the dark of night. Oh well.

My plans for the day always include thinking healthy thoughts. I've cleaned my spinach and will get a salad going that will last a few days. I need to think about dinner plans and exercise, too.

It seems we have lots of newcomers and returning beachers right now. I want to encourage everyone to say hello. Kudos to Ashley for jumping in yesterday. Personals are not required!! The On Plan thread is a great place to post menus and ask questions about any phase of SBD. Many of us find that the daily accountability of these threads keep us focused, especially when times get tough.

What's happening in your world today? Stop by and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie! Guess what I'm doing I've been on a 4am wake-up cycle and just can't get back to sleep with a 5:30 alarm. We are about to get our first greens from our CSA. I can't wait.

We are in the last crazy week of the legislative session and work continues crazy. I had hoped to get to my Mom's for Mothers Day but it doesn't look promising right now. We could end up with a vote late at night on Thursday which will leave me with work to do Friday. Luckily summer is right around the corner.

Around here we are just counting down to Maine vacation. 11 days until we are on the road!

How is your Tuesday shaping up?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cyndi! Yay for vacation countdowns and for CSA's. We didn't sign on this year since we're back and forth so much. I did buy a planter full of greens and don't need to buy lettuces right now because it's producing so well...of course, it was another thing to haul over with us. I hope your work quiets down very soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's first light here and it's nice to know Cyndi and Debbie are up too although I know it's still dark in Colorado. I am back into wakening too early too.

This morning Disney goes for her pre-dental bloodwork. She is showing signs of a kidney problem (creatin?) and we hope the tooth cleaning will get rid of any infection she may be fighting. I see a special and expensive diet in her future.

The rest of the day will be spent number-crunching for a Mill planning meeting tonight. They will probably all hate me when I point out that some of the airy-fairy projects are just not feasible unless we do major fund-raising. Although out Mill is a National Historic Site, it is not funded by the Feds so money is always a struggle.

I'm planning to work in some fun time today though it's wet again outside. Maybe I'll dig out my summer clothes in hopes that we'll get one!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth! I hope the cleaning helps Disney. Teeth are such an issue with the pups. Still wet your way...at least pulling out your Summer clothes will be fun 'cause everything will fit...perhaps even be too big.

Well, folks, see you later. I think the time has come to go upstairs and maybe catch a few winks. I have a new composter from Costco sitting on the porch just waiting to be finished but I have to use a drill and the neighbors would prefer if I wait until it's light.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I woke late today - too late to do my rebounding exercises, but that's ok. I can come home from work at lunch and do them. Work fairly quiet yesterday - I'm just staying under the radar until it's time to go on vacation. Less than 2 weeks left! Hope everyone has a great day - it's supposed to rain here I think.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie, Cyndi, Ruth. Matilda and those to come!

I've been sleeping fitfully, too these days. Between hot flashes and dreams I'm having a hard time remembering what a good night's sleep feels like! Life is very stressful right now (worries about elderly parents, adult kids with money/job problems, DH's health again and huge budget cuts at work). I'll get through it but right now the stress is wreaking havoc on my both my sleeping and my eating.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my father's death. I typed up a post in the daily thread but didn't post it because it had an air of "poor me" that I didn't like. I spent a lot of time on the phone last night with my mom, sisters and kids and it was good to remember, laugh a little and cry a little with them.

OK, on to more pleasant subjects. The Autism Walk on Sunday was wonderful - I'm already looking forward to next year. The weather has been great here and the sun is shining right now though it's supposed to cloud up and rain a little this afternoon. Thanks to the sunshine and abundant rain our grass is green now, the forsythia is out and the daffodils on the shady side of the house are ready to pop any day now. Life is good in western Maine!

Enjoy your Tuesday, friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-03-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Just saw Mmc's post. :)
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning! Day off of work today! Couch to 5k w6d1 this morning! Did I mention that I ran for 20 minutes straight on Saturday?!!!!! I'm really loving this program!! Mathilda, how's the rebounding? Are you loving it? Noticing any changes? Gotta run...get the kiddies up!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,

Matilda, I woke up at 4:30, then again at 5, and then ended up sleeping until almost 6 this morning. I must have needed the sleep, though. I was dragging all day yesterday and went to bed before my usual bedtime. Even the girls were dragging and out of sorts when I picked them up after school. They were both grumbling that they didn't want to go to piano, but they managed to make it through. Sweet little Maggie fell asleep in the car on the way home. I hope they both went to bed early and got a good night's sleep.

SOSO today, but the day is supposed to be warm and sunny, so I can't complain. I'm looking to eating my garden fresh salad outside on the porch at lunchtime. Gymnastics after school this afternoon, and I hope the girls have regained their energy!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Heidi - strength to you, friend.

Ruth- I pulled 11 of the NASTIEST teeth EVAH yesterday. In a way, she's lucky - she was adopted a year ago, and this is her third major surgery. LOL...get those teeth cleaned earlier than later!!

Lexiss - Hope you got some sleep!!

Cyndi - Hopefully the legislators will move faster and you can get out....LOL....

MMCK - have a great day!

I have to get movin' now, and wake up the red headed DD. I'll do a quick run after they get on the bus, then off to work. Boring is good!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm dragging today. My exercise and eating have been off for two days, not bad but not like they've been, and I am feeling it. And the scale is reminding me. Funny how very fast the pounds come on but how super slowly they fall off. Sigh. I have book club tonight which is always a challenge; hopefully she'll have some OP option.

Debbie - No, wouldn't want to run into any critters! Hope you get a nap in.

Cyndi - Vacation in Maine sounds fun! Are you driving around or spending it all in one place?

Ruth - Our dog ate a special (aka expensive) diet for most of her life. Something about a tendency to make stones in her bladder. Which required annual urinalysis too. I hope Disney is okay.

Matilda - Glad to hear that work is settling down for you. I can't remember if you already told us where you are going on vacation.

Heidi -

Kristen - Good for you!

Linda - A lot of that dragging going around.

Twynn - My MIL and mom so wished I had red-headed kids!

Off to wake the teen for AP exam number two...
Old 05-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Great Morning to all -
I am giving senior exams all week, and am starting to feel that summer is coming! The senior prom is this weekend - love seeing the kids all dressed up.

My best friend is finally seeing a doctor today, and hopefully starting treatment. Thoughts and prayers to all of you who need them, be it for kids, self, parents, or puppies!!!

Be well -
Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, good morning Slept in about two hours more than usual this morning, but I'm sure it's because I bit the bullet and bought some allergy medicine after three terrible nights of sleep.

Nothing terribly exciting today...continuing to catch up on work (I'm in human resources), hoping to get a 30-minute work-out in at lunchtime, and definitely need to start cleaning my apartment because it's become a disaster area! But tonight will be nice...on Tuesdays my friend comes over and we cook an on-plan meal (she's not following South Beach but she's happy to accomodate for dinner) and watch The Biggest Loser together.

Anyway, better get back to work, so wishing everyone a lovely day!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Raining here again, stayed up late to watch results of our federal election. Maybe I will get to cleaning out some closets and washing winter sweaters and putting them away and bringing out the summer tshirts.
have a nice on plan day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread