WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 12:33 PM   #1  

Question

Do the Silhouette's count as a milk? These are SOOOO good! Might be dangerous for some to have in their freezer.

Last edited by arnap; 04-10-2001 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #2  

I dont know about the milk part, but I thought since you love them like I do, you would like to know that you can go on their website skinnycow.com, and request coupons!! Maked them all the tastier!!
Old 04-09-2001, 05:46 PM   #3  
Chicklet

Thanks for the coupon tip! I just bought my first package a few days ago and I thought I died and went to heaven!! I didn't think they were available in my area. Glad I was wrong!!!

ps was wondering about the milk thing too!
Old 04-09-2001, 05:54 PM   #4  

hi
skinny cows only have 8% calcium so that does not qualify em as a milk...but they sure taste good!
teri
Old 04-09-2001, 06:26 PM   #5  

I am from Iowa and have looked and looked for these. Anyone else from Iowa had any luck. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm me and let me know!!

thanks
Old 04-09-2001, 07:15 PM   #6  
Math2

Default Skinny Cows

My instructor has said that a food item must have at east 25% calcium to be counted as a milk.

Even w/o counting them as a milk, they are GREAT!

Joyce

Old 04-09-2001, 08:05 PM   #7  

Default Reply to JustMe

Reply to JustMe.....

You can also check for stores that carry Skinny Cows on their website www.skinnycow.com!! Their worth the search!
Old 04-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #8  

Default $$$$$$$ Ohhh boy!!!

Well, I bought these today, had one for dessert for supper tonight. They ARE gooooodddd!, but I'd like to know, does everyone pay $4.99 for a package of 6??? I think that is very pricey, and don't know if I will ever buy them again at that price. DH talked my into buying them.

Why is it when something is good for you, lower fat, whatever, the price gets jacked up? It's just beyond my comprehension.

Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy???

TTFN
Old 04-11-2001, 07:53 AM   #9  

I purchased them at my local Kroger for $4.99, but then found them at Biggs for $4.09. You can go to their website and click on "Coupons" to receive them.

Just me - Below is listed the places in Iowa to find them. I got this off their website. Hope it helps. If you need more info (where it says click for location) Just go to their website -- www.skinnycow.com.

IOWA -
Eagle Country Market
BOGO's
Hy-Vee
Super Target (click for location)
Super Walmart (Select locations)
Hy-Vee

Felicia
Old 04-15-2001, 11:57 PM   #10  

I finally found these today at a Fry's supermarket in Gilbert (suburb of Phoenix). They had two different kinds of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich six-paks: the first had all vanilla ice cream, and the second had half chocolate and half vanilla Both were $4.99 a pack...a bit steep, but, hey, in the quest to get to where I want to be, a small price to pay. I also found a good selection of Blue Bunny NF ice cream stuff: the fudge bars and a new kind of bars I'd not seen before: lime and orange sherbert mixed with vanilla ice cream.

I may not have had Easter candy today, but at least I was able to have an ice cream treat!

Vada
197/165/135
Old 04-16-2001, 09:09 AM   #11  
Determined Chick!

Skinny Cows are dangerous! :-D Twice I've bought them, and twice I've finished the container
in less than 2 days!! Thank goodness they are only 2 pts a piece :-)

Holly
Old 04-16-2001, 10:34 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

The price for Skinny Cows in the Chicago area (at Dominick's and Jewel food stores) is $4.99.

Jewel had them on sale for $4.99, buy one get one free!!! I bought 4 packs, wrapped them and put them in the deep freezer. After 6 weeks or so, they still tasted great.

While I normally prefer chocolate over any other flavor, I really like the strawberry ones; they're excellent.

~Jen
Old 04-17-2001, 07:23 PM   #13  
Chicklet

Does Jewel have the mint or peanut butter ones?
I payed $5.29 at Dominicks. They only had the chocolate and vanilla ones. I dont mind paying this much for something this good and if it gets me to goal..........
I can't wait to get them buy one get one free! I just may have to break down and get one of those Jewel prefered cards afterall. ( I never shop Jewel my husband worked for Dominicks for 17 yrs) :-)

Lynn
Old 04-18-2001, 10:43 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Jewel only carries the van./choc. and straw. varieties. I didn't even know they made pnt. bttr. or mint till I accessed their website (thanks to this thread!).

I usually shop Jewel vs. Dom., as I worked for Osco for 24 yrs.!

Where in IL are you? I'm in Wheeling.

~Jen
Old 04-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #15  
Chicklet

What a riot Jen! I live in Warrenville. Tiny town north of Naperville.
I just saw skinny cows at Meijer today for 4.49!!!!!!
I know where I will buy them now! They had the vanilla or the choc/vanilla ones, same as Dominicks.
Yummmm Yummmmm

Lynn
Closed Thread