Old 04-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Another supplement question

Currently on the yellow menu and will be doing Metaslim, wondering if the supplements are truly needed? I was taking MRC6, Cortitrim, multivitamin, fish oil, enhancer....have run out of the mrc6 and Cortitrim, wondering if they truly help that much?

If they do, are there alternatives that might be cheaper elsewhere? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.b
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeefraug View Post
Currently on the yellow menu and will be doing Metaslim, wondering if the supplements are truly needed? I was taking MRC6, Cortitrim, multivitamin, fish oil, enhancer....have run out of the mrc6 and Cortitrim, wondering if they truly help that much?

If they do, are there alternatives that might be cheaper elsewhere? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.b
This is just my experience/opinion and others may know better, but I have been doing quite well without the extra supplements. I use the Krill oil (From Sam's Club, Multivitamin from Walmart, and the HNS from MRC). I am still pretty early in the program and may need them later, but for now, I am doing fine without them.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I dropped the MRC6 because I noticed that it was almost pure vitamin b6. Don't know why - was just sick of taking it. I took fish oil, multi, vit d, vit b12, cortitrim the whole way through. Now, in maintenance, I've added CLA and dropped the cortitrim. CLA was recommended for my trainer (and the research online looks good) for helping with fat loss without losing muscle.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #4  

Quote:

I am about to run out of the Corti-Trim but I have seen some major loss in my mid section so I am not about to cut it out yet. Also I have high levels of stress - and while I've slowed down, I haven't stopped losing so I may purchase another bottle of that.

I know the MRC-6 provides all over loss, I can't say how it is without it yet. I will know in about a week or so because I'm not getting that either - I also read it was mainly B6.

On some its better to get from a store, or use better supplements. For example I had to take 6-8 fish oil in order to equal 1 krill. You can get Krill anywhere.

I would say the most you have to take is a MV and Krill. I took some CalMag from the center only because I didn't have time to go look at my CVS, but I don't see that as high on my list as the MV.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #5  
Started program June 2010

What is CLA, if you don't mind me asking?
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #6  

Another name for it is Tonalin. It was recommended by my trainer, and when I did some research, it seemed legit (or as legit as supplements can be...lol). Supposedly, it helps you lose fat while protecting muscle mass. I'm still trying to lose fat % without losing any more weight.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #7  
Started program June 2010

Thanks. I will look into it.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #8  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Default Enhancer Vs Phenatrim

I may not have spelled that last one right--it's at home-- but..

My last time OP- in 09, when I lost 40 lbs, my counselor had me on Enhancer. This new counselor has me on Phenatrim.

Any thoughts? This is my first week back- on pre-con at the moment.

SOO excited to be back.. I was SUCH a naughty girl these last two years. Gained those 40 back PLUS some.
Betcha never heard of that before, huh??? not..

What is it with us? We lose it..YAY! *throw confetti* then BAM-Right back on..PLUS!
Well, not this time, my sisters.. THIS time is IT for me..
please...
janett41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #9  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
[B]I may not have spelled that last one right--it's at home-- but..

My last time OP- in 09, when I lost 40 lbs, my counselor had me on Enhancer. This new counselor has me on Phenatrim.

Any thoughts? This is my first week back- on pre-con at the moment.
My center doesn't even carry Enhancer. I've been on Phentratrim since I started, which is only March so maybe someone who's tried them both could help out. I asked about the Enhancer because I didn't know if I could take it with Phentratrim but that's when I was told they don't sell it anymore.
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

My center isn't even asking me about my supplements anymore. I haven't been taking anything in over week and I have still been losing weight, so I don't intend of refilling them.

Debi, where do you get the CLA?
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #11  

Quote:

Debi, where do you get the CLA?
I got mine at Walmart. It's called CLA or Tonalin.
Debi
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/207/180

Height: 5'10

I don't take any supplements from the Center. I did add B6 to my cocktail (fish oil, multi, etc.) after learning about it from you ladies. I have lost about 5 pounds in the last two weeks.

I attribute it to the b6.
carmendmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Default supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
My center doesn't even carry Enhancer. I've been on Phentratrim since I started, which is only March so maybe someone who's tried them both could help out. I asked about the Enhancer because I didn't know if I could take it with Phentratrim but that's when I was told they don't sell it anymore.
I only use the Corti Trim and I must say that last month at my Curves measurments I lost 4 inches from my abdomen and waist so it must work!! Otherwise I don't buy anything except for HNS!
jmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote