Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Thumbs down mthrgoose68 & Jo have each lost 100#

So let me be the first to say--CONGRATULATIONS, GALS!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!

And of course we want to know

a) how you did it

b) how you feel now compared to how you felt @ SW

I'm not sure anyone else wants to know this, but I want to see a typical menu from SW & a typical menu for today.

YOU GUYS ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2003, 01:14 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Woooo Hoooo

Congratulations both of you!!!! That is so great!

Yes! We want details!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 01:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

All right!! Congratulations!!

Yup, we all want to know--speech, speech, speech!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:19 PM   #4  

Yes, please, all the details. First, what is SW?
Old 05-15-2003, 02:20 PM   #5  

Never-mind....SW=starting weight, right? Still please share all the rest. What plan did you both use and how much exercise do you do? TIA Oh, and a great big CONGRATS!
Old 05-15-2003, 03:57 PM   #6  
Jo
Catatonic

Angry Aw, thanks you guys!

I've been following a diabetic exchange plan (about 1700 calories per day). I usually work out 1/2 hour in the morning (some type of aerobic workout) and 1/2 hour in the evening (toning or stretching). When I first started I was only doing like 10 - 15 minutes of aerobics and gradually increased the exercise when I could.

A typical day of eating for me now would be something like:

Breakfast:
1 vitamuffin (2 oz)
1/4 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 c. pineapple
1 c. 1% milk

Mid-Morning:
Coffee

Lunch:
1 sandwich (2 slices lite bread, 2 oz. low fat ham, 1 slice 2% cheese, mustard)
1 apple
1 lite yogurt
1 oz Fat Free Pringles

Afternoon Snack:
1 oz chips (snack bag)

Supper:
3 oz. chicken breast
8 oz baked potato
1 Tbsp Promise Ultra
1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
1 c. green beans
1/2 c. lite canned peaches
1 WW fudge bar

Evening Snack:
1 - 2 oz pretzels

I'm feeling a little ambivalent lately . . . I've come so far, yet I still have so far to go. I'm just now getting to where a lot of you started! Plus, when I started I thought that by my birthday this year (next week) I would be under 200. And here I am, closer to 250 than 200 I'm trying to focus on all the positive aspects of my journey -- my blood sugar levels are normal (without medicine), I'm off my blood pressure medication, I can walk from the parking lot to my office without getting winded, I'm wearing size 22's instead of 32's, etc -- but sometimes I get a little discouraged by how much I still have to lose.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats & if I can do it, anyone can
Old 05-15-2003, 04:00 PM   #7  
Big Loser Wannabe

Congrats!! That is AWESOME!!
Old 05-15-2003, 04:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Jo, another positive would be thinking about where you might be right now if you hadn't started this journey. You are truly an inspiration.

My father, who has adult-onset diabetes controlled by medication, is coming to live with us as soon as his "father-in-law apartment" is ready. I follow the Weight Watchers plan, and I'm wondering if I should do something a bit differently to help him lose some weight. Probably quitting his martini-a-night habit that he developed while in assisted living might help.

Is there a place I could find out more about diabetic exchange?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

OMG!!!!!! this is fabulous!!!! you ladies are really racking up the pounds lost around here!!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:15 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Woo-Hoo! 100 lbs. is a great accomplishment!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #11  

Thanks you guys!!! All the support and inspiration here really makes a difference.

I don't think I have enough room to post a typical menu from SW!! I would usually start the day with 3 or 4 pieces of toast and each piece would have butter and cheese on it. I would snack my way through the day, and finish every night with a big bowl of ice cream. If I bought a regular container of ice cream, I would usually finish it up in 3 nights. If I bought a container of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs, then I would finish that up in one night. I was definitely an ice cream addict!! I usually would have a Super Size meal from McDonald's for lunch several days a week.

Now my typical menu is

7:00 a.m. - 1 container of fat free yogurt

10:00 a.m. - 1 banana

12:00 p.m. - 1 Honey Mustard Chicken Breast and some lettuce or saurkraut

2:00 p.m. - 1 orange

5:00 p.m. - 1 Healthy Choice Meal (about 250 calories)

7:00 p.m. - 1 Pria Bar

It totals about 750 - 800 calories a day. I know it's not much, but it's how I've dropped the 100 pounds since January 1 of this year. I do check in with my doctor and he's been very pleased with my progress.

I also TRY to exercise every day. I don't always make it, but I do make it at least 4-5 times a week. I try to do one hour of cardio, and then use the weight machines to do arms one day and legs the next day.

When I started I couldn't get into my size 26 Delta Burke Jeans. Today I got into a pair of size 16 Faded Glory Jeans. Of course they were too tight to wear in public, but I got into them, so I was excited about that.

I also gave up my Diet Pepsi, I was drinking 6-8 a day and I only drink water now. I drink at least a gallon every day.

Of course I check in here all through out the day and that really makes a big difference. It helps so much to know that you're not doing it alone and that you can find so much help, inspiration, and encouragement here.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:35 PM   #12  

Hi,

Congratulations to you both!!! You are inspiring!

mthrgoose-I could never survive on that little amount of calories-don't you get lightheaded or anything? How do you have the strength to exercise? Please don't take this wrong-I'm just concerned for the effects on your health. Please take care, there could be some nutrients you're shorting yourself on.

Congratulations again,
Sherry
Old 05-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #13  

Sherry,

Thanks for the concern, I do appreciate it, but I actually have more energy than every before. When I started, I could barely work out at all, but now I do my 30 minutes on the treadmill with 1 minute of jogging and 5 minutes of walking. I really feel so much better. My blood pressure is finally down to where it should be with no medication, my anxiety attacks are mostly gone, and I feel really great. My doctor hasn't been concerned, so I figure I must be doing okay. I do take a multi-vitamin every day.

I do get light headed sometimes, but when that happens, I usually up my calories a little bit and that usually helps.

Thank you again.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #14  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I am so inspired, congratulations ladies!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:11 AM   #15  

WOW! Congradulations! I cant wait to be in your place! Did you do something special when you hit the 100 mark? Maybe buying something you really wanted or go dancing? Way to go Gals...
Closed Thread