Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday, 2 May 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 29 April - 1 May 2011
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Had my first WI this morning. I am down 8 lbs. on the nose. What's really weird is I can see a spot on my stomach already that has sucken in... Hopefully more spots will follow

Good day everyone today!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great week.

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.

I know I did not phase off properly, but I want to see how I do in the "real world" food scene and being back in the gym. I have learned many things about foods while on this program and have so much knowledge to take with me. I will not go overboard with my choices, I just want to be done and finish my weightloss with better choices and exercise. I am giving it a week or 2 and will reevaluate coming back on protocol. Thank you to all who helped me out in the beginning and to all those who helped me out during.

I would like to tell Carla, thank you as she helped me a lot in the beginning and WELCOME back!! She is a wealth of knowledge as are other members here. You will all become more knowledgable as you progress through this journey. I consider my success of 80 lbs in 107 days a great success.

I will let you all know how it goes and if I jump back on protocol! Wishing everyone well, keep up the good work.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #4  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good luck Juice you were very successful and provided lots of support to the people on the site. Keep up the great job you are doing and keep in touch.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all, another week of weight loss behind us and one to jump into. Can't wait to get my unflavored NOW Whey protein Isolate today, super excited that I will be getting less "junk" in my diet and eliminating the soy that likes to cause me problems. Speaking of junk, I will be keeping the Salt/Vinegar ridges as a daily treat and likely mixing half of my choc pudding packet with a lesser helping of the whey protein, just for a thickener. You are all an amazing bunch of "losers", lol and I could not of started this journey without all of you incredible motivational posts. Heres to a great week!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning IP Champions, for those of you requesting me to post a new photo I have and you can see it on the link on the bottom of my signature line. Keep up the great job you all are doing and good luck.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning IP Champions, for those of you requesting me to post a new photo I have and you can see it on the link on the bottom of my signature line. Keep up the great job you all are doing and good luck.
Great job buddy! You have made a tremendous change in your appearance. I am sure you feel it in more than just smaller clothes too! It is a great feeling for sure. Hope you continue to do well in your journey. You were and still are an inspiration to me! You have done so well. Thank you for your support and help!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post

I would like to share with the group that I am taking a break from the program and may be finished with it. I want to get back into 6 days of weight training which will include intense cardio. What I have tried so far in past few weeks have left me wiped out and feeling terrible. Even adding in extra calories, shakes, bars, etc.

I know I did not phase off properly, but I want to see how I do in the "real world" food scene and being back in the gym. I have learned many things about foods while on this program and have so much knowledge to take with me. I will not go overboard with my choices, I just want to be done and finish my weightloss with better choices and exercise. I am giving it a week or 2 and will reevaluate coming back on protocol. Thank you to all who helped me out in the beginning and to all those who helped me out during.

I would like to tell Carla, thank you as she helped me a lot in the beginning and WELCOME back!! She is a wealth of knowledge as are other members here. You will all become more knowledgable as you progress through this journey. I consider my success of 80 lbs in 107 days a great success.

I will let you all know how it goes and if I jump back on protocol! Wishing everyone well, keep up the good work.
Good luck juice! You are such an inspiration to us all and I know that if anyone can rock being "off" program, it's you. Come visit from time to time though ok?

Quote:
Amazing transformation Couts! You are another HUGE inspiration for us all!

Morning everyone! We are just 3 hours or so from leaving for our trip to Disney! We're all so very excited We have a 19+ hour drive ahead of us and I'm armed with the 4th phase knowledge I need so I'm really looking forward to that too.

Have a great OP day everyone!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

I have my WI later today... expecting another pound or two to be gone (TOM or it would probably/hopefully be more)!

I don't know what is up, if the nicer weather coming into play or what, but I am so anxious to be done with this already! There's nothing bad about it but I just want it to be over and finding it hard to stay motivated. I am still on track though and still plowing through! I still need this: I am still retraining my body and my brain and I am certainly not done yet.

I am also not feeling very well since last night and very tired today. I find that I eat way more when I am tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Had my first WI this morning. I am down 8 lbs. on the nose. What's really weird is I can see a spot on my stomach already that has sucken in... Hopefully more spots will follow

Good day everyone today!
Way to go! What a terrific start!

Quote:

Congratulations and best of luck to you! Thank you for the inspiration along the way! You will be missed.

Quote:
Way to go! Congratulations to you too!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-02-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #10  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Juiceman, good luck with the weight training, I have started to phase off and have 3 weeks left. I can't wait to start lifting again. It was my stress relief.

ontariophotogal: have a good trip at Disney. I will be leavingfor Jamaica soon and am a little nervous about handling my food intake, I love eating fruit when I am in hotter climates so hopefully I will do okay.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #11  
09/15/10

Quote:
Wow, you look amazing it is awsome how fast the transformation can happen on IP, my brain is still trying to catch up to how the new me looks.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #12  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Right now I am using you as motivation. We started the same day at the same weight and have the same goal....that is just so weird.

But you are 10 pounds less than me. I am kicking myself in the butt and marching for the 150's.

I have had 13 perfect IP days and I am over my initial cheating hurdle (this past weekend...I was perfect).

I am prepared to be perfect for the next 4-5 weeks and I know I will love the results after that time...then it is phase 2/3 and on to VEGAS for 9 days on June 28th!

I wanted to let you know that I started intensive resistance training with a personal trainer the first week in January and it is amazing how strong I am after 14 weeks....you are going to love working out again.

YOU HAVE DONE AMAZING AND SHOULD FEEL SO PROUD!

Last edited by darbs7; 05-02-2011 at 08:44 AM.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #13  
09/15/10

Thanks Darbs. I have been doing yoga, but every time I do weights I seem to be sore for days, even if I lower my weights. Any tips for getting rid of lactic acid?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #14  

Quote:

Good luck to you! You have been an inspiration to me and very kind when I needed a kind word. Keep in touch.
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Wow, you look amazing it is awsome how fast the transformation can happen on IP, my brain is still trying to catch up to how the new me looks.
WOW, I love reading the posts and noticed how much weight you have lost! I have 47 more to go. Somedays it seems overwhelming and want to give up. I take it day by day and have not cheated in the 8 weeks I have been on IP. Congratulations to you!
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote