Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 06:41 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #330

I thought sure there would be some new posts today!

It's very windy here again and trying hard to rain. I wish this weather would settle down!

Hope all is well with all of you. It's sure quiet around the flower patch.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:04 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Arrow Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Hi Jean you aren't all alone now. We have had one of those days running around gathering up some "necessary" things since our move. The weather here was cooler today which made it easier for it is 76 and it is just about 6pm now. We ate an early dinner for we are having some folks in later. We went to a Mexican restaurant we tried when we were here two months ago and met the owner and his wife. They are such a nice couple and took us "out back" to show us the flower garden which was awsome next to the out door seating area which we didn't know was there. Next time we are planning to eat out back. I have now got my kitchen in order and all the other boxes are in a spare room which we will slowly sift through.

Have a lovely eveing folks. I am truly expecting a gain at weigh in tomorrow evening.... am back on track now though so I will just take the hit and go from there. Life is good. Cowboy bought me a surprise today ~ it is a coffee mug with those words on it! What a guy ~ a definite keeper.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:06 PM   #3  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I've had my snooze in the recliner and now I need to straighten up the kitchen. Also need to go check the water situation in the basement and do a couple loads of clothes.

Tomorrow morning is the seniors' last "day" in school and we will hear the whooping and hollering when the bell rings at 11:41. Having 125 students gone will make such a difference in the halls and lunch room. We are losing a couple of seniors I hate to see go -- they have been A#1 kids since their first day as freshmen. And life goes on . . . . .

Maggie -- I hope your WI was better than you expected. It would be nice to be able to eat outside -- will there be bugs in the area when it warms up more? We saw our first hummingbird this morning so they are heading north again.

Not much newsy from my corner of the world tonight. Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 05-16-2003, 07:44 PM   #4  

Good Evening ladies,

It's been a gorgeous spring day today after a week of rain, which is supposed to resume tomorrow...........the lawn care guys and teenagers with lawnmowers are making a mint!

I gained 3lbs. last week. I keep hoping they'll fire me, and they keep threatening to do it, but so far nothing. I'm becoming resentful of the fact that we're paid the same amt. for a regular mtg. where we work like crazy for three hours, as they do for an atwork where we're in and out of there in an hour.........and no money exchanges hands unless someone buys some product, which they seldom do.

I lost a dear friend Monday. He was 95, but had been a part of my camp life since I was 12. I know he's up there cheering for his beloved Cincinnati Reds without the aid of his "coke bottle" lenses, and the stinkin' oxygen tank. He'll be out running his champion field trial dogs too, so all's well with him, but we sure will miss him.

Jean, I hope they didn't tear your school down..........how about those kids that trashed someone's house? YIKES! That's scary, as is the hazing incident. Doesn't seem to be any respect for anything or anybody with the young people today. I'm sure generations before us said the same thing about us, although I don't remember anyone in high school or college doing anything destructive.......at least not intentionally. The boys dorms at the University of Florida had flying squirrels whizzing around the halls one summer, and there were the occasional panty raids, but we could hear them coming blocks away, and the housemother had us all locked up tighter than a drum! My room was on the first floor, corner closest to the road, and I remember my "friends" standing across the street calling my name.........I was terrified that I'd get kicked out of school We were so naive.

My laser treatments took two visits, but it wasn't too bad. Today he had to do the worst veins, so had me take 3 Valium an hour before we started...........with that on board, it may have hurt like ****, but I didn't care Wearing the heavy duty support thigh highs may be my undoing, however. I just hope it stays relatively cool between now and the middle of June. I'll look weird wearing them with shorts, but that's tough! I'll have prickly heat with long pants on all summer!

Have a good weekend. Mike has gone to the Strawberry Festival with the band as a chaperone..........he even rode the yellow school bus! He's nuts.

Fondly,
Bubs
Old 05-16-2003, 11:47 PM   #5  

Good Evening!
It was such a beautiful day today and the weatherman is promising another one tomorrow. DH is looking forward to a day on the tractor helping his farmer friend get the fields ready to plant. I hope to eliminate a couple of piles and make a dent that is noticeable to DH! Actually, I need to go to the grocery store and do some serious shopping. Our Super Wal Mart is supposed to open next week so I imagine the other two grocery stores will be pretty quiet.

Jason, Amanda, and Ian "the charmer" came over to pick up a couch tonight. It was nice enough that we sat out on the deck and ate pizza for supper. Not OP, but it sure was yummy!

Bubbles -- I'm sorry to hear about your friend but you just have to believe he is in a better place doing what he loved best. Today was uneventful as far as the seniors leaving -- at least as far as I know. Several years ago some kids let a greased pig loose in the hallway and that created quite a ruckus. I didn't know many in this class but they seemed pretty quiet and reserved overall. I hope your legs heal quickly and you don't have to wear the "fancy" socks for very long.

I am heading off to bed. It's been a long day! Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-17-2003, 02:26 PM   #6  

Just checking in on one of my trips up and down stairs . . . I am doing laundry and trying to catch up on some cleaning.

It's a beautiful day here -- sunny, 71 degrees, and just a breeze.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-20-2003, 10:12 AM   #7  

Good morning Flowers,

The sun is shining, so it's pretty, but supposed to go back to rain and thunderstorms this afternoon.........

Glenn's service was wonderful, and one of his former "boys" did the eulogy, which had us all sobbing. Glenn and Jessie never had any children, so these guys were it. They had a mutual admiration society which has transcended time and life changes like marriage, kids, professional careers, etc. Camp is still home to them, and Glenn was a big part of it. There's no doubt in my mind that Glenn's up there without his thick glasses and oxygen tank, cheering for his beloved Cincinnati Reds, chewing on his Redman, and running his world champion field trial dogs with his little poodles by his side. Doesn't get any better than that! I sitll think of this as the Easter season, and for those of us who believe in the Resurrection, what a glorious time of year to die.

Our Rhododendron is outdoing itself this year.........so pretty!

I'm going to try for a walk on the trail with Jimmy before I have to start taking the cleaning out stuff for the cholonoscopy tomorrow.......oh joy. Old age is the pits! I delayed it as long as I could, saying I'd had a sigmoidoscopy, but my gyn wouldn't let me get away with it this year. Hard to believe I'll be 64 Friday.......63 didn't sound old, but 64 does. However, we all know age is a state of mind, and I can grow old, but I don't have to grow up

Have a good one.
Bubs
Old 05-20-2003, 07:00 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a cool, sunny day here in Iowa. We had a downpour yesterday so I should be checking out the basement. Oh well, not much I can do about it anyway.

I just finished sitting through the second meeting for changing our insurance carrier. Yesterday we sat through the explanation of benefits and question/answer period. Today more people came and asked the same questions that were asked yesterday. GRRRRR! Our "home" office will be in PA and we will be under the Steelworkers group. Just so I have decent coverage is all that I care -- I understand some of the mumbo jumbo because DH has talked about it from time to time.

Not much else is newsy. DH, son, and boyfriend put in MIL's dock and our boat hoist today so that is done. The boat is still sitting by my driveway so that will be next I suppose. We usually try to clean the high spots before she returns but I'm not sure that is going to happen this year. I am getting out of school later this year and it's an all day project.

Bubbles -- Good luck with your colonoscopy . . . I will be thinking of you! I've never had one either and would like to keep it that way! Have a wonderful day on Friday! Like an 80+ year old lady told me, when I commented on how good she looked, "it's better than the alternative!"

Have a nice day tomorrow, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:11 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Default Tuesday Evening

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We just got back from a glorious drive in the mountains to a town about 30 miles away. Top down weather all the way and back. Then we stopped at a garden shop and bought a climbing rose for the side fence which our dining room looks out at and a coconut palm which will really produce real coconuts given time. It is growing out of a coconut which is still in the pot. It is over 6 feet right now and the guy said to bring it back in the winter and he would re-pot it for us. We plan to do the front room in wicker again and it will go great. Also got a fan type palm which is a cutie. Things are shaping up and one day will look great. My kitchen looks the best. I got a bakers rack for my books and it is pretty eye catching. Will's huge oak desk is in the corner of the front room and we moved a couch across the great expance kinda as a room divider and that works. One day we will replace it with a wicker love seat and a rocker probably. And the beat goes on.......

JEAN Looks like summer is really going to be here in your neck of the woods. Getting the dock in and all. Have fun this year while you are off.

BUBBLES Bout time you went and had a cholonoscopy! They aren't half as bad as some would make you think. The best part is hearing that you are fine and you don't have to have another for another 5 or so years. And if they do find a problem they can take care of it then.

Have a wonderful Humpday tomorrow ladies. I love living in the mountains once again. Life is good.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:15 AM   #10  

Hi All,
Well, the "Spring Cleaning" is over,and wasn't half as bad as I'd expected. Now that you don't have to drink an abundance of that chalky stuff, the prep isn't too bad. I figure I can down 1.5 oz. of anything with a chaser:~} Now i'm coming down the homestretch, with nothing to drink until after the scope......and of course, I'd kill for a piece of gum. I'll just have to stay busy.

We're having more rain Enough! I planted some violas on my front porch and they've just about drowned w/all the rain. I hope they make it.

Have to make the bed, take a shower, etc.

Tomorrow's Friday, Jean

Bubs
Old 05-21-2003, 08:58 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been a cool and sunny day in my corner of the world. Little by little we are winding down at school . . . the push is on to get the kids all caught up before final exams begin on Friday.

Maggie -- Your coconut tree sounds like fun! Did you store furniture from TN or are you looking for new items? It sure hasn't felt like summer the last few days . . . our furnace has been running and DH even turned his side of the electric blanket on the last couple of nights!

Bubbles -- It is still Wed. in my part of the world! I've been thinking of you!

I need to address some graduation cards for DH as he likes to remember his clients and I have a few of my own to do. Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Default Wednesday Eveni

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We got another plant today which is also over 6 feet tall and it is a fish tail palm tree. Now we have 3 large plants in the front room and want a few smaller ones also.

JEAN We sold or gave away everything that wouldn't travel well in our travel trailer when we left Tennessee. Now we are having to get things to furnish this house. I am never going to get as much stuff as we used to have though but it is fun to get new furniture. We are going to get rattan like we had in Tennessee for the front room though because we really did like it and it was so comfortable plus looking good. That is why we are getting plants now that will go with that type of furniture. They go well with what furniture that was loaned to us in the meantime also. We did find a place to get an oak dining table and chairs similar to ones we used to have and did us well.

Have a lovely evening ladies.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:12 PM   #13  

I realized after the fact I had my days mixed up........I was a tad preoccupied. I knew the "spring cleaning" went too easily.....it didn't clean me out completely, so we have to do a repeat June 16..........how's that for a kick in the butt?! Lord only knows what he'll give me as a prep this time. I was really out of it on the way home. My friend and I carried on a conversation, but I didn't remember a thing she said........and I thought I had it all together too! Those drugs do weird things. Can't drive for 24 hours........probably because if I ever was stopped and they did a blood test it would come out positive for drugs...........I sure don't want that! I'm old enough to be the only person in four counties to not know what Pot smells like ANd it's the cash crop of WV!

Have a good one,
Bubs
Old 05-22-2003, 12:54 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Red face Weigh Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I am not looking forward to meeting that IRON MONSTER this evening. I have not done well this week and I really thought I wanted to. I have got to get a grip and get back to it. Guess there is no time like right now to get to it. I don't want to squander any more of this year. This program is all about losing weight and that is what I should be doing. OH FOCUS where art thou? Come back, come back where ever you are.

BUBBLES what a bummer they couldn't get that test done after you had yourself all "siked" up for it. The stuff they gave me really cleaned me out which turned out to be the worst part of the whole exam. The doctors part went smoothly without a hitch.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:04 AM   #15  

Good Evening or Good Morning, whichever the case may be! I am on my way to bed and wanted to peek in and say "hello." I got to puttering around this evening so am really late getting to bed. Daylight savings time does that to me . . . it is later than I think judging by the light outside.

Have a fantastic Friday! This is #14 so the next Flower can start a new thread.

Jean -- in Iowa!
Closed Thread