Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #1  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

Default Workout-I think so!

Today I bought real workout clothes! I haven't had any since I was in ballet three years ago. I'm so excited to start going to the gym more now that I have something cute to wear! Yay!
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Where did you get your new workout outfit from?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #3  
Pinkie Pie Pony

I ordered it online at JCPenney.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #4  

Good for you I bet you look cute in your new exercise clothes! Your smart to get a handle on it now and not wait and ignore it like I did. I'm just now starting to exercise yesterday I did 40 minutes with a Denise Austin DVD called Boot Camp Training. I find that exercising is hard for me. I'm really trying to exercise at least 30 minutes ever yday which is recommended for good health. Keep us posted.

Kit
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #5  
Pinkie Pie Pony

Thankies! I'm hoping that the new outfit helps motivate me!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I felt the same way. I got some gear from Athletica and I think they have the nicest workout gear. I just wish it looked as good on me as it looks on their models, but I still enjoy wearing it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #7  

Just remember their models are just that, models. Some of them are under weight. I hate it when I see something in a catalog like a dress and it's a mini skirt on the model and when I try it on it comes down to my ankles. We should all demand that all modelS have to be within a healthy weight range and BMI. I don't know why ALL the designers think everyone is 6 feet tall and size 2. My Bad?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I have the same workout clothes that I did 4 years ago, haha! I'm in dire need of a new bra!! Oh the life of a poor person! Hope you have fun rockin the new clothes and getting them nice and sweaty ;p
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

That is so exciting, I am always jealous of everyone who can fit into cute gear (so now I am jealous of you ) Seriously though when I am down to a more 'average' size and can score some cute workout gear I will be super excited.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #10  
Pinkie Pie Pony

Default <3

I shouldn't have bought it finances wise, but I always feel uncomfortable because I don't have any real workout clothes. Trust me I understand the life of a poor person riestrella. Kit in AZ you are so right, you cannot trust pictures in catalogs or online to save your life, it's why I hate shopping online. I bought the workout clothes online because I still have this uncomfy, why is the heavy girl looking at workout gear kinda feeling when I go shopping. haha silentarctic, i look terrible in the workout clothes, but i figure i'm just going to my tiny apt. gym and no one will see me.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #11  

Goody,

At 5'5' and 183 I bet you look quite acceptable, you're too hard on yourself. If your self-concious you could get a wrap around skirt if you need to pop into the store or something.

What kind of exercising are you thinking of doing? Do you have a trainer? I don't belong to a gym I've been collecting exercise DVD videos and we have a back yard pool. I swam 12 laps day before yesterday the water wasn't too bad. I've been in colder lakes and rivers. I call a lap up and back but I guess that's 2 laps, so I did 24 laps.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #12  
Pinkie Pie Pony

Netflix instant has a pile of dancy videos so i'm gonna try them, my apt has a gym so I can use that, though I only do the treadmill for a little while because i have a slipped disc there isn't much I can do excercise wise. I am planning on going to the pool more since it's finally starting to get warm!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #13  

There are plenty of exercise shows on T.V. The PBS channel has yoga and a show call "Sit and Be Fit" a registered nurse leads exercises with very low impact all done in a chair.

Think of when you were in High School what exercises did you do in gym class? Be your own trainer and do only the exercises that don't hurt your back. I did just that this morning, I exercised 20 minutes while watching T.V. Hope to do at least 10 minutes in the pool later. Set your timer.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #14  

Oh here's a good exercise. Stand at your kitchen sink. Stand back a little and grab hold of the sink and do push ups. It's a good arm work out and you can do it anytime. I do it while I'm waiting for my teapot to fill with water.

I've read in more than one place it doesn't matter if you exercise all at once or in bits and pieces it's all the same. Any kind of exercise is good, you work up to being advanced.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #15  
Pinkie Pie Pony

I was home-schooled and for the one semester I did go to school my gym teacher would let me and my girls just sit and play cards lol. I used to do yoga, it's one of the only things that I ever really enjoyed, but it's kinda off limits. I do my ballet and Irish dance stretches, at least those I can manage with my stupid back. I walk and do really easy slow stretches, plus some dancey shows, like the classic Dancing with the Oldies that I got from my grama, though i have to be careful some of it can hurt.