Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 6'1

Red face P90x....

Anyone done it? anyone going to do it? I think I am. I already have the dvds.

Let me know
twizzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Beachbody products are all good... and I've heard P90X is outstanding. You should check out the Fitness Videos section here on the board. You'll get better responses there.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

P90X works as well as the effort you put into it. It's basically using "muscle confusion" and "HIIT" training together and because you rotate what you do every day your body never gets used to it. You WILL feel it. My suggestion is use one week as a entry week where you take your time, learn the moves, and take breaks as needed...and then on your second week treat it like Week 1 of the P90X program. If you fall off the wagon, start again when you can. I'm on my 3rd (or possibly 4th) attempt just to do month 1 of the program but the DVD's are excellent and they also introduce you to stuff you may not have tried before. In my case, I had never done any type of Yoga or Kenpo Karate, both of which are included in the P9OX program. I am now a total Yoga convert because it helps my back pain so much.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #4  

My boyfriend's sister uses it and it works. She was in shape to begin with, but you can tell it made a difference. She's more tone, and her friend that she rooms with for school began it with her, and she was a lot heavier and has since lost so much weight. You just have to be dedicated to get the full results.
kimnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #5  

I use it to get new moves for teaching my fitness classes. Since my fitness classes are already just like P90X and other programs, I don't do the program, personally, but as a fitness professional, I can tell you that P90X has everything you need to get fit.

But as already mentioned, you get out of it what you put into it. Commitment is key.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

I've been looking into P90X but I can be so friggin lazy at times I don't want to do anything. I do know some people who have done the program and they absolutely love it. I say go in there and go for it.

I do Zumba as my exercise and love it so much and whenever I don't feel like working out or have that "I'll work harder tomorrow" mentality I look at a picture of myself, the one that was my wake-up call as to how much weight I'd put on, that picture alone reminds me that I'm working toward the healthier, thinner, Li...it almost always works.

So let us know how your first day of P90X goes!!!!
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I just completed day 1. Well, I did the first part, I have the 15 minutes of abs left to do tonight. I just didn't have the energy for it this morning. I have no idea if I'll be able to do it tonight, lol, but I hope so. It's definitely a workout!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

@Amberelise is it super hard to do the movements? Some workout I can tell when I'm doing them that I'm gonna be hurtinnnn the next day lol
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 6'1

ok! Well, I have 100 lbs to lose, so I'll be starting tomorrow!
twizzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

LilMissLi - Some of them are super hard. Those I figure I will just work up to. Others I can definitely do, but only less reps than they do them, or not as long. And, some I can do just fine.

The first week I was DEFINITELY sore. I mean, I was able to get out of bed and do my normal daily routine, lol, but I felt it. I'm in week 2 now and though I'm still sore it is not as bad. Though, I've been doing the workouts more completely now because I know what's going on, and that's making the overall workout really tough. It's hard, hard work. But, I know I'm making progress, and that's the point.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

I can't speak highly enough about P90x....I did the whole thing religiously and came out of it at the end almost having a 6 pack!!! The only thing is, it does get a bit repetitive after 3 months :/
I have since moved onto Insanity which is also really amazing.
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #12  

I have heard many many great things about the p90x!! I know some people who LOVE it!

Will you be doing the diet too?!

I've heard that the results are 10 times better when coupled with the diet
jessica1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #13  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

I am going to do it after I get done with round 2 of Insanity... have herd nothing but good things about it!
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #14  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1981 View Post
I've heard that the results are 10 times better when coupled with the diet
This is true, although I don't think you need to follow the P90X. It is important that you get your calories dialed in, that the foods you eat are nutrient dense and high quality, and that you get sufficient protein for muscle building.

People that follow a good diet often see significant weight loss and body transformation, whereas people who don't follow a diet don't- even if they both follow the P90X exercise program religiously.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

YES! I LOVED the P90x videos. I am a P90X Grad from 2 years ago I did the Lean version, which is especially good for women to stay lean and not bulk up. I lost 15 lbs from it and watched what I ate. I have to say I was very much in shape and I could even run outdoors without stopping for a while, my leg muscles especially got super strong- that was the best part. It was great. It's totally worth it. Every day you do a different video too so you don't get bored with them. Good luck!

I'm actually planning on starting p90x again soon, probably in January once my boxing membership expires! Woo!
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote