Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Good morning!

How many of you weigh at home everyday?

This being my first week, I'm allowing myself that luxury. I know in the weeks to come, the loss won't be as dramatic so I'll put the scale away on a high shelf in the garage.

I'm on day 7, and I'm down 7 lbs! WI is Friday.
I weigh nearly every day. It was fun at first, because the weight was coming off fast, but after the 2nd week all it did was freak me out. Everyone told me to put the scale up, but I didn't. I don't weigh several times a day any more, and even skip a day here and there. But I always take my home weigh ins with a grain of salt, and try to remember that it's the scale at the dr's office that matters and don't get "attached" to the numbers I see at home. Some people may not be able to that. I had a hard time at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Good morning all! Sitting at the airport for my long day of travel. Talked with my coach before leaving and I moved to phase 2 yesterday. He thought it would be more workable with this situation. Worried about today. My layover is very short and worried about lunch. I brought extra packets and if worst comes to worst I will do a phase one day. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. The worst part is that my mom (her dad) is in Italy and unable to make it back for the service. I am doing double duty with helping my aunt with service and consoling my mom from afar. Life!! I will be reading this forum for support. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
You are doing great!! My prayers are with you during this trying time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning, IPers!! Does anyone else need to "tighten their ship"? I need to start measuring again, making sure I get all my oil and sea salt and double check my water intake. After 14 weeks, I just let this go. Can anyone relate!?
Yes, me too! I have a bad habit of eyeballing stuff. This "investment" is too important for me to not be paying attention to the details. I need to work on this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
WI today---I am down another 4 this week (but I update my profile and ticker based on my daily scale readings at home......scale whore that I am!! LOL).

My coach suggested I move my evening snack to the afternoon because I get SUPER hungry between 3-4 and it is getting OLD.

I spent the 2 hour drive home from my inlaws on Sunday fantasizing about all of the foods I wish I could eat and can't right now....probably not the best idea, but that is just where my head was. I try not to live in a "deficit" mentality (thinking of all of the things I can't have), but I take a mental vacation occasionally and that is usually where I end up. I am glad I did not cheat (more than extra protein) over Easter and I am committed to staying OP.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!
Good job on the 4 lbs! I have my own fantasies too. But with me it's normally a skinny me laying in a pool drinking a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonIP View Post
Hi there,

I've been lurking for quite a while, and decided it was time to say 'HI'! Decided that it's time to get to 'tighten it up', but I need help sticking to it.... I don't have a coach anymore as we've moved, and I already know how to do the program. My problem is emotional and support-group wise.

I've been trying to get back on IP ever since January. My slipups are mostly due to emotional eating.... what do you do to stop emotional eating??
I get on this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
Hi everyone - back from vacation and found out that I still eat out of boredom. I did ok staying OP except I had too many restricteds due to bad planning and I ate way too much - probably averaged about 20 oz of meat per day. I haven't figured out how to say no to my wifes 89 year old grandma who constantly shoves food in front of you. Home scale shows me up 2 lbs. so it could have been worse and would have been if I hadn't refused a lot of what was shoved in front of me, or made bad choices at restaurants - all in all, not unhappy and prob only set me back a week or so.

Hope everyone's doin well - glad to be back and have the forum support again to stay OP .
My husband's family is the same way. Always trying to get me to eat or drink something. It's their way of showing love and appreciation. And my MIL is a great cook!! I just thank them, and turn it down. I think they understand. I look forward to eating MIL's cooking again, and she knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I am wondering if anyone has this same problem??

So today I went shopping and bought a dress that I thought I looked AMAZING in. I looked good in the mirror at the store and at home. I asked my fiance to take my picture of me in the dress. Then it hit me... I still look like the same fat girl I am used to seeing.

So am I delusional? do others see me the way I see myself? (which is pretty good) or do they see me the way the camera seems to see me? (which is a lot bigger than the mirror)
Same thing happened to me!! I bought a new outfit and thought I looked so thin! I took a pic thinking I would put it on here, but as soon as I saw it I deleted it. I love the explanation about it being flattened out. That makes sense to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
This diet is sort of like a career --I always tell myself... if I approach it haphazardly, without strategy, without creativity, without focus of the end goal, and without the understanding that the truth is-- it is all work - some tasks more fun than others - what I will end up with is a Job rather the a Career or a diet rather then a lifestyle change. Since I have spent most of my 20's and 30's steering my career I feel it is okay to spend the next bit of time steering a lifestyle change and approaching it like I do my career will undoubtedly result in success.
I love the way you put that. It is important, and we deserve to put the effort into this just as we would with other important things in our lives! I think we forget that!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #92  
Candice

S/C/G: 154/140/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Next time ask for "Gluten/dairy" free. Then say you are also diabetic....pretty much makes them nervous and they work extra hard to put NOTHING on you salad or protein. My DIL (who has celiacs) has actually had the chef come out to ask exactly how to prepare her food. (Bonefish did this). They really don't want a bad rep or a lawsuit from an allergic reaction!
Ha ha! I'm gluten intolerant, so I have to ask for everything gluten-free but I've never thought of "adding" dairy-free and diabetic. Man, would that have the kitchen on it's toes! They sure would be careful!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #93  
KMWJ

S/C/G: 171/158/140

Height: 5'4''

I weigh myself every morning, it has kind of become an addicting habit.
If you do it though, don't be discouraged weight fluctates a lot...
Think about if you've drank any water recently, how much you ate that day, those kind of things...

Also, I would suggest doing it at the same time as your weigh in, probably monring time

GL!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
I agree! I even feel like a "planned cheat" is a bit like an a former alcoholic saying, I plan to have a drink this weekend, then I'll get back on the wagon...
I can agree, for the most part. The difference being that an alcoholic should probably never have alcohol again. I have a family member in AA and even NyQuil was a no-no. For us, though, we have to eat and will go back to eating "normal" food after we lose our weight. That's not to say that we should pick up our old habits and eat the same things as before, but we will eventually have to eat some of the things that are considered cheats while we are on this diet.

Whether or not I'll actually do it, I don't know, but I have a planned cheat when I hit 350. That's over 80 lbs away for me. It keeps me going to think, "Hey, I'm craving this. So I'll save it as an idea for my planned cheat." Maybe it's psychological, but it helps when the monster hits and all I can think about are those foods I can't have now or the ones I can never have again.

Starving myself and denying myself for long periods of time don't work for me. I've always been a "I don't wanna" girl ever since I was a tot. "It's time for your bath" "I don't wanna" "It's time to get out of the bath." "I don't wanna." That's just who I am. I can have total control for only so long. If I allow myself to plan to have something, it will be far better than when I don't plan for it and binge. I've been on almost every diet there is. I know how I am.

So, I really think it depends on the person, whether planned cheats are a good thing or not. No one knows you better than you.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Okay, so I really fell off the wagon today!! Didn`t really start out to, just thought maybe I`d go to phase 3 today, so ate the bread for breakfast then chickened out. So then I figured well if I`m going to be out of ketosis, maybe I should just have a cheat day. So a few bites of this a few of that, and I definitely fell off. But I haven`t lost any weight in over a month, so I decided this can`t be that bad and maybe it`ll jumpstart me again, because I definitly shocked my body Plus I also did an hour of exercise today, so hoping it`ll do something good for me! I haven`t cheated in the 15 weeks I`ve been on this diet, and I feel pretty good about that. So tomorrow I WILL be back on phase 1 and we`ll see if I can let go of these last 10 pounds!! Hoping it doesn`t backfire on me.....
Old 04-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 164.4/145.0/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Good Evening fellow IP'rs, I am happy to report that my natural calm is here and I am taking some before bed. I hope this works by the AM, that would be marvelous! Thanks for all of the great advice on these threads.
Let us know how it goes (that's kind of a weird request). I'm thinking of picking some up for myself. Hope you see some action tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Good morning all! Sitting at the airport for my long day of travel. Talked with my coach before leaving and I moved to phase 2 yesterday. He thought it would be more workable with this situation. Worried about today. My layover is very short and worried about lunch. I brought extra packets and if worst comes to worst I will do a phase one day. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. The worst part is that my mom (her dad) is in Italy and unable to make it back for the service. I am doing double duty with helping my aunt with service and consoling my mom from afar. Life!! I will be reading this forum for support. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
rulemom- God bless ya girl... i'm sorry you can't be with your mom. she is lucky to have you helping your aunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonIP View Post
Hi there,

I've been lurking for quite a while, and decided it was time to say 'HI'! Decided that it's time to get to 'tighten it up', but I need help sticking to it.... I don't have a coach anymore as we've moved, and I already know how to do the program. My problem is emotional and support-group wise.

I've been trying to get back on IP ever since January. My slipups are mostly due to emotional eating.... what do you do to stop emotional eating??
meon- sometimes i wonder if a lobotomy would help......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Some people move to phase 2 if they go an extended period without losing weight. The transition seems to get them back into weight loss mode.
sheila- i see you are still faithfully opening the daily thread. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Good morning!

Thank you to everyone who gave me so much advice, love and some tough love. I was going about things very wrong, and felt so sick because of it. If anyone else is struggling with eating enough, talk to your coach, do something! I felt like I was dying. I was weak, sick and in pain. I wasn't able to pick up the powerades last night Rondar but did this morning and am drinking one now. My stomach feels shrunk and is giving me a hard time with the large quantities.. I'm also guilty of not getting all my water in. I brought all of my bottles of supplements to work with me today and need a little more guidance. When am I supposed to take what? What has to be taken with food etc? My coach didn't say anything about the bag of pills she handed me, and I was pretty apathetic about taking them which was a lot of my problem I think. Can someone lay it out for me again? Thanks again everyone!
snow- let us know if you start feeling better or not, i'll be curious. maybe you could set your user profile to allow pm's and send me one. another thing, was my heart rate was very high, like 96-98 bpm, and my blood pressure was messed up. did your coach take your vitals?

mrs b- got your awesome pics on the gmail. WOW! you are such a cutie anyways, now with your super petite body what a package. how is dh handling the new woman in his life?

everyone pray for me and really focus on the numbers 149! i'm hoping this week!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
I can agree, for the most part. The difference being that an alcoholic should probably never have alcohol again. I have a family member in AA and even NyQuil was a no-no. For us, though, we have to eat and will go back to eating "normal" food after we lose our weight. That's not to say that we should pick up our old habits and eat the same things as before, but we will eventually have to eat some of the things that are considered cheats while we are on this diet.

Whether or not I'll actually do it, I don't know, but I have a planned cheat when I hit 350. That's over 80 lbs away for me. It keeps me going to think, "Hey, I'm craving this. So I'll save it as an idea for my planned cheat." Maybe it's psychological, but it helps when the monster hits and all I can think about are those foods I can't have now or the ones I can never have again.

Starving myself and denying myself for long periods of time don't work for me. I've always been a "I don't wanna" girl ever since I was a tot. "It's time for your bath" "I don't wanna" "It's time to get out of the bath." "I don't wanna." That's just who I am. I can have total control for only so long. If I allow myself to plan to have something, it will be far better than when I don't plan for it and binge. I've been on almost every diet there is. I know how I am.

So, I really think it depends on the person, whether planned cheats are a good thing or not. No one knows you better than you.
I retract my statement! You have totally thought this through and you are right. maybe it was the word "cheat" I object to. Maybe it's more of a planned "treat"....LOL Anyway. as you said, we all have to do what works for us and fortunately, this forum offers a ton of support!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #99  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow This Thread is now Closed

Please place all new posts, replies, and comments on today's thread: 28 April 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 04-28-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Closed Thread