South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat - Thursday, April 28th

Good morning, ladies. I'm way early today, I guess, but I wanted to start a thread before the weather gets too bad here b/c I'm sure we'll be really busy at work.

Also, I have a huge favor to ask. I hope this is kosher (if not, if a mod could delete this for me, that'd be great) but I'm trying to win a photography contest and if you guys could go to Facebook and "like" Generation Photography's page and then go to the 2011 Snapshot Contest album and "like" the photo of the old grist mill that has my name underneath it (HINT: Natasha IS my real name, LOL), I would greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to win a "half way there" photo shoot for me and my mom.

Okay, back to basics. Plans for today are to take my bestfriend to work and then sleep. Then it's gym time and work again. Ready for my weekend!!!

So what are your plans today??? Anything exciting???
Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We had another huge T-storm last night and Disney spent several hours in her "shelter" under my desk. I guess I can't complain about t-storms though when I read of the tornadoes in the South. How terrifying! I hope your night wasn't too busy, Natasha.

Yesterday was a tad frustrating. There were a lot of people who wanted a little bit of my time for different reasons and the day just got sucked away. I'm up an hour earlier today to get a head start on Thursday.

I am off to town for a haircut this afternoon and hope to get a chance to pick up some "gourmet" buttons for a dress I plan to wear to a wedding mid-June. I also plan to replace my power-washer. Retail therapy cures many ills - and I'll be away from the phone.

Grab a mug and sit and chat a bit. This is the first morning I've not needed to turn up the furnace. Is it Spring?

Old 04-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Natasha I've been meaning to ask you - how's the job going? I'm jealous!! Work was a little odd yesterday. I called HR and asked if my boss had ever submitted my performance evaluation from last year, which was very negative (but skewed) as I was never given a copy to sign or comment on. She never submitted it, and I'm not sure if that's because she was just lazy, or maybe she just wanted to scare me with it at the time. She said nothing to me yesterday and was running around dealing with something else. This woman is truly a psycho. In any case, I'm back to liking everything about my job except her outbursts. We'll see what happens today.

I went a little off my challenge plan last night, but that's ok. So far the scale is showing at least a loss for the month - not even a whole pound, but I did start an exercise program this month, right now is right before TOM. So we'll see what things look like tomorrow, or maybe even Saturday morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Nothing exciting here, Natasha. I've got to get my office organized this morning...then bike to the pool....then attend a luncheon for the hospital I volunteer at...then knit with the ladies from church...all pretty standard. Hope all is well for you as the weather has been pretty tough down South.

Ruth, I hope you DO get away from the phone today!

Matilda, I don't envy your work environment.

OK, must get something done.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Natasha - I went off FB 3 months ago...keep thinking I need to go back on to get back in touch with everyone, but afraid it will become a vacuum again. Good luck!

Ruth - Awwww, poor Disney!! I used to live in Illinois, don't miss those tornadoes at ALL!! Scary! I still have nightmares about them. (LOL...I remember one nearby when I was quite small, and we were in the basement...and I thought it was a bunch of TOMATOES were going to come out of the sky at us....kept waiting...)

Lexiss - sounds like a great day, enjoy!

Me - Love south beach and the woosh of water weight with no grains. LOL...this is what, the maybe sixth time this year?!??

I had a great run on a forestry trail yesterday, but darned these HILLS!! The dog thoroughly enjoyed herself as well. I also threw out 2 bags of junk from DS' bedroom (and he didn't even notice....). Today I might try to swim before work...then it's full day there.

Have a great day!!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all,

I don't know how much longer I can be online, as we're getting severe thunderstorms right now, and the weather is supposed to be like this all day. It should be an interesting drive out to the farm this morning.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning! We had beautiful weather yesterday, just a fraction of the rain predicted so I was outdoors as much as possible! Things are so green and the forsythia look as if they'll start blooming soon, maybe by the weekend if this warmth continues! It's drizzly now but I'm hopeful that it will let up for at least part of the day.

Natasha, there are several different Generation Photography pages (and I have to keep liking them to find out where they're located or if they've got a contest going on). How about a link?

Enjoy your Thursday, friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-28-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning More rain in our forecast but I don't think we are getting the really violent storms here.

Natasha - Do you know how many generation photographys are on facebook?! Haven't found yours yet.

Ruth - Apparently there was even a tornado in central NY not far from my parents and crazy flooding up north. Scary weather all around.
Perhaps you need an "on vacation" message on your answering machine

Mathilda - Hope today is a mellow day!

Debbie - Happy cycling. I've only had mine out once and am really missing it.

Twynn

Cottage - Hope the drive to the farm is uneventful and the storms stay away from you

I'm heading over the mountains today. It's a long day but I'll get to look for birds then talk to real people.

Time to start making a plan. Hope you are safe and dry wherever you are today.

ETA - Good morning Heidi. Wasn't yesterday amazing?!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-28-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I couldn't find the FB page, either.

Cyndi, safe driving!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #10  

Oh no...lemme get you guys the link, LOL

Here's their page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genera...05584436174567

And here's my photo: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I'm such a goober. I type in "Generations Photography" and it only brings up like one option. I just realized it's b/c it's the only ONE on my friend's list. DUH!!! LOL

Last edited by Natasha1534; 04-28-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #11  

By the way, all is okay here in my part of Georgia. We're still under a tornado watch until noon, but it seems to be clearing up outside. The northern part of the state wasn't as lucky. 9 dead and several more missing. Our Search and Rescue team left out early this morning to go help look for some of the missing.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Thursday morning lovely ladies. (And any lurking men.)

So, fingers crossed, today WILL be the day I get on my bike! I'm still planning to do my morning 90 minute elliptical so it will be interesting to see how my legs do on hills later. DH and I are running out of shows to watch so I hope we get outside again on a daily basis soon!

How pathetic is it that I am glad my weekend plans for dinner out with friends got cancelled?! It is so disruptive to my eating OP, no matter where we go. Now I just have to get through a horrible amount of parties and baking in May. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone. Off for more tea. Finally found a green one that I don't hate.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Hello, just wanted to say hi and how much I've enjoyed reading your posts and learning about SBD. I am on week 5 and trying to keep it to one carb and one fruit. Have had a stall last week and hope to keep the weight loss going soon.

I just have to say I LOVE this way of eating. I never realized what a sugar addict I was until finishing phase one. I am so relieved not to be craving sweets all the time.

A little about me, I am married with three kids, two in college, one in high school. Work part time in a library, knit, spin and rarely weave, big dog lover with five dogs.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Almost had to go to work in a boat today We have gotten so much rain it is incredible...my basement is wet, wet. I have the dehumidifier working overtime. I need one or two days straight without rain. My walls in the basement are all dry thanks to my wintertime project though so that is good news.

I am still doing cycling of calories consumed and I will see what the scale says this weekend to see if that is going to get the scale to move down.

DD1 soccer games for Tuesday and Wednesday were cancelled due to rain, we shall see for tonight. DD2 has dance tonight.

Natasha, I can't get to facebook at work so I will try later, when does voting end?

Make it a great day everyone
Old 04-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone that has already posted and those of you yet to come. Guess I'll play catch-up now:

Nat, I had to grin at your nerves about volunteering to waitress. I did that one time many years ago and although I had a ball, only had about four tables as I recall, could not for the life of me get all the orders straight. DH though had the job of just pouring coffee and he had a blast visiting with everyone. Even though I messed up some, everyone was wonderful and we all had a great time which I'm sure you will even in your "nightgown". Hope all the tornadoes missed you.

Heidi, Thinking of you and your kids as I volunteered to bake cupcakes for my GD's class one day next week when they are having a special guest artist come in to draw for them. It should be a fun day for them.

Matilda, so sorry about the situation with your boss. That can be so darn stressful. Sounds like things are better at least for now.

Tammy, sounds like you had a good run yesterday. Our fur babies do so love to go with us, don't they. Although our bulldog just can't go very far with his mashed in little nose, he gets winded very easily.

Linda, I know exactly what you mean by "everything is green". We live out in the country on five acres and our pastures are so green right now. We have two donkeys out there doing their best to eat the grass and they are in heaven. Used to have three but one was what they call an "easy keeper" and just got too fat so we had to give him away to a petting zoo where his food could be managed.

Ruth, DH got out garden planted a few days ago and it seems to be doing just fine. Because of my health situation, he put in a raised bed for me this year and although it is much smaller than we have had before, it should be just fine for the two of us and much easier for me to care for. Hope you find just the right buttons.

Kristen, It sounds like you did have a super busy day yesterday. Hope you found time to squeeze in just a little "me" time to relax and take a deep breath.

Cyndi, After so many days with the phone to your ear, bet you did feel good out and about yesterday.

Karen, Hope you did get to go watch your boy. They grow up so very fast and he will soon be away at college so cram every minute you can with him as you will miss him so. Hope today is the bike day you want.

Debbie, On your bike again yesterday...........hope you had a good ride girl.

nanjmc, hi there. It's nice to meet you. I'm a huge dog lover too. Tell us about yours.

Rose, from one Rose to another.

Me, just hanging in there. Managed to go get a few groceries yesterday but walking that store did me in and spent the afternoon resting. Hey, not so bad.

Eat healthy and stay well. Later
Closed Thread