Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 26 April 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 04-28-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning IP'ers! Decided it was time to add in a little light exercise. I did a 15 minute walking video, and my leg muscles are going crazy! But it feels good to get moving. I sit all day, and I always felt better and had more energy when I did exercise in the morning. Hopefully it will be a good day!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I am not taking my supplements well... at all. I try everyday and it's very hit or miss.
I am the same way, or used to be. What we've done in our house seems to work for us so far, and might work for you too. When we started on IP, I went to Walmart and bought two small plastic containers, one for each of us, and put our packets in them so we'd know whose is whose. (I suppose a shoebox would have worked just as well, but I didn't have any ) I then bought 4 of those Sunday - Saturday weekly pill trays, marked two AM and two PM, sorted the pills and put the trays in with the packets. This way, when I make breakfast in the morning, and dinner/snack at night, I am reminded to take the supplements.

Hang in there, it gets easier as you go and the results are well worth it!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #4  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

Hello everyone!!!! Very good morning to you all...I went for a little walk this morning and loved it...I love that I am doing something for myself now!!!!! Gotta get ready to go to work...talk to you all in the evening?

Did we find someone to work on our MAY CHALLANGE????

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Love,
Reema
Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday!

WI #2- down 2 lbs and 2.25 inches. Of course, I was hoping for more, but I'll take it! I weight daily and I've been stuck at the same weight for a few days so I knew it was coming. I'm so close to being under 220, but I guess I have to be patient.

I've been having pretty good days food-wise. My habitual urge to eat in the evening has been bothersome lately, but changing it is a process. I am grateful for the reminders about supplements. I've been lax with taking some of them- potassium in particular. I will get back to it today!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #6  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

How many of you weigh at home everyday?

This being my first week, I'm allowing myself that luxury. I know in the weeks to come, the loss won't be as dramatic so I'll put the scale away on a high shelf in the garage.

I'm on day 7, and I'm down 7 lbs! WI is Friday.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I try not to weigh every day...not good for the spirits when there is no loss, but I have no coach so I do have to weigh my self once a week.
Now, I have a dilemma...hoping for some advice. I have a nasty chest cold and cough during the night. Cough syrups are LOADED with sugar, so it has knocked me out of ketosis for the last 4 days. I have tried sugar-free cough meds, but they don't seem to suppress the cough at all. ANY TIPS???
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I loved this morning: the fog, the sound of birds calling... it was almost "magical".

Have a great OP day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Good morning!

How many of you weigh at home everyday?

This being my first week, I'm allowing myself that luxury. I know in the weeks to come, the loss won't be as dramatic so I'll put the scale away on a high shelf in the garage.

I'm on day 7, and I'm down 7 lbs! WI is Friday.

I do. I shouldn't but I do...

Way to go on the loss, it seems that you are having a stellar week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I try not to weigh every day...not good for the spirits when there is no loss, but I have no coach so I do have to weigh my self once a week.
Now, I have a dilemma...hoping for some advice. I have a nasty chest cold and cough during the night. Cough syrups are LOADED with sugar, so it has knocked me out of ketosis for the last 4 days. I have tried sugar-free cough meds, but they don't seem to suppress the cough at all. ANY TIPS???
Can you take codeine? It works well on most coughs.

Otherwise, I would say to go to a clinic and get something prescribed: Cophylac (spelling?) drops are great!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

About that knawing hunger yesterday...it's never really that simple, is it? Now that it's a new day and I can see yesterday with new eyes, I think that 'hunger' came on because I was stuck in my work. I didn't really know how I wanted to proceed, and I think I used to deal with that by going out to buy something carby to eat. Without that outlet I was *squirming*. Not only that, but instead of working I spent a good part of my day reading about food obession, and I was just making myself depressed. I know I have lots of issues around how I use food, but I also have an appt coming up with my docotr and I'm going to have her make a referral for some therapy, so I'm going to take care of that. I need to be patient, but in the meantime I spent a miserable day feeling sorry myself a longing for an it-shall-remain-nameless treat. Doh! All part of the process, I guess.

So if you're having one of those days, hang in there. It'll all look better tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

A question about phase 3-- can I use peanut butter in place of the butter on my toast, and also would an english muffin be the same as the 2 pieces of toast?? And are there any phase 3ers who have lost when they started phase 3 or do you just gain a few pounds back? Also, is the yogurt sweetened yogurt or just plain yogurt? And do you have to have the ham and egg or just one or the other??? Sorry for all the questions, but my coach didn`t tell me anything, just said enjoy it! So I don`t really have a clue what I`m doing.

Last edited by kjw83; 04-27-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #11  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Can you try Tylenol Cold medicine? Or Buckley's the kind that's in pill form?

If all else fails, drink a whole lot of Crown Royal. You'll be out of ketosis for sure, but at least you'll get something out of it! Hope you're better soon.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Good morning all! Sitting at the airport for my long day of travel. Talked with my coach before leaving and I moved to phase 2 yesterday. He thought it would be more workable with this situation. Worried about today. My layover is very short and worried about lunch. I brought extra packets and if worst comes to worst I will do a phase one day. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. The worst part is that my mom (her dad) is in Italy and unable to make it back for the service. I am doing double duty with helping my aunt with service and consoling my mom from afar. Life!! I will be reading this forum for support. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Good morning all! Sitting at the airport for my long day of travel. Talked with my coach before leaving and I moved to phase 2 yesterday. He thought it would be more workable with this situation. Worried about today. My layover is very short and worried about lunch. I brought extra packets and if worst comes to worst I will do a phase one day. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. The worst part is that my mom (her dad) is in Italy and unable to make it back for the service. I am doing double duty with helping my aunt with service and consoling my mom from afar. Life!! I will be reading this forum for support. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
You are amazing! I really admire you strength.
I am sending prayers your way. Hang in there.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Question for Mrs. Diettrich!

You answered my post on the monday thread about not losing anything for over a month. You said maybe try a carb cheat day. I`m just wondering what you mean by that? What did you cheat with? Off plan things or just more of the packets or restricteds?? And I`m curious how it worked for you! My ketostix say negative this morning and I think that the exercise I did yesterday threw me out because I stayed OP. So I figure if I`m out of ketosis maybe I should try a "carb cheat" But I don`t want to go too overboard either.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #15  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Good morning, IPers!! Does anyone else need to "tighten their ship"? I need to start measuring again, making sure I get all my oil and sea salt and double check my water intake. After 14 weeks, I just let this go. Can anyone relate!?
Closed Thread