Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #1  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Vitamins and Supplements list?

I have searched and searched and cannot find a list anywhere of alternative vitamins/minerals to take. Is anyone will to share what they are taking and where they purchased?
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #2  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I'm also curious how many mg of potassium, magnesium, etc are in the IP supplement products...I can't find that info anywhere. That way I would know how much I should be taking every day.
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #3  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Just looking at my bottles here, the multi vitamin would be any "take 2/day" multi vitamin. Nothing special about them. Take at breakfast and supper.

The Potassium/Calcium says 800mg potassium bicarbonate and 200mg calcium carbonate. Take 1 in the AM.

The Cal/Mag contains 65 I.U. vitamin d3, 750 mcg. of calcium citrate (equivalent to 150 mg elementary calcium), 469 mcg. of magnesium citrate (equivalent to 75 mg elementary magnesium), 16 mg zinc citrate (equivalent to 5 mg elementary zinc). Take 2 at supper, and 2 before bed.

Hope this helps!

Just go to any health food store with the above list, and they should know which supplements would be the best match.

Last edited by Chick76; 04-27-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Chick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #4  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Just looking at my bottles here, the multi vitamin would be any "take 2/day" multi vitamin. Nothing special about them. Take at breakfast and supper.

The Potassium/Calcium says 800mg potassium bicarbonate and 200mg calcium carbonate. Take 1 in the AM.

The Cal/Mag contains 65 I.U. vitamin d3, 750 mcg. of calcium citrate (equivalent to 150 mg elementary calcium), 469 mcg. of magnesium citrate (equivalent to 75 mg elementary magnesium), 16 mg zinc citrate (equivalent to 5 mg elementary zinc). Take 2 at supper, and 2 before bed.

Thankyou so much! That is exactly what I needed to know!
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Vitamin sheet download

I found the full listing in pdf form if this helps!

http://www.ihpweightloss.com/Supplement_Overview-IP.pdf
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #6  

Talking

I am hoping that someone has a list of what the name is exactly of what they buy and where for their Vitamin Alternatives.... Anyone have a list of what exactly they are taking and where they are getting them????
Dejongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

I am starting IP (alternatively) tomorrow and have sent the IP stats to a friend who is a pharmacist to see what he says is comparable.. once I have an answer I will post it here with his recommendations

On another thread.. i cant remember which one.. I have been trying to absorb them all ... somone said she was taking the following alternative supplements (i havent had a chance to cross reference them yet)
These are all from Walmart.
3 x 99mg elemental potassium
womens 1 a day mulit vitamin
2 x calcium/magnesium/zinc combo
i believe she said they had yellow labels on the bottles!
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I just buy the IP ones from www.plainprotein.com. They have free standard shipping and I know I am getting exactly the correct dosage. (I am doing the plan with alternatives from Nashua Nutrition)
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I've posted this in a few places - you REALLY need to spring for the actual IP vitamins when you're following the protocol. They have formulated their vitamins in doses AND forms of the nutrients that work best to fill in the nutritional gaps left by the lack of real food.

You HAVE to make sure that when comparing commercially available vitamins with IP, you are looking for the SAME FORM. For example - most commercial supplements use Potassium gluconate or citrate. IP uses Potassium bicarbonate. Not only are the doses going to be different (because 100mg of gluconate is NOT the same thing as 100mg of bicarbonate) but there is a REASON IP uses the bicarbonate form - it is more easily absorbed and gentler on your liver/kidneys than the other forms, and on a diet like IP where the diet itself puts strain on those organs, it matters.

I have used alternative products since week 8 (I reached goal at week 29 and just went into maintenance) and I STILL used the IP vitamins. There just wasn't a truly better alternative. I ordered them from www.plainprotein.com and never had an issue.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #10  
I WILL make it this time!

S/C/G: 247/195/180

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default vitamins

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I've posted this in a few places - you REALLY need to spring for the actual IP vitamins when you're following the protocol. They have formulated their vitamins in doses AND forms of the nutrients that work best to fill in the nutritional gaps left by the lack of real food.

You HAVE to make sure that when comparing commercially available vitamins with IP, you are looking for the SAME FORM. For example - most commercial supplements use Potassium gluconate or citrate. IP uses Potassium bicarbonate. Not only are the doses going to be different (because 100mg of gluconate is NOT the same thing as 100mg of bicarbonate) but there is a REASON IP uses the bicarbonate form - it is more easily absorbed and gentler on your liver/kidneys than the other forms, and on a diet like IP where the diet itself puts strain on those organs, it matters.

I have used alternative products since week 8 (I reached goal at week 29 and just went into maintenance) and I STILL used the IP vitamins. There just wasn't a truly better alternative. I ordered them from www.plainprotein.com and never had an issue.
Which ones from Plain Protein do you order?
tonyiiiafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #11  

She used to order IP vitamins from Plain Protein. They don't carry that brand anymore.
The person you asked the question of met goal and hasn't been on the forum in many months.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
I am starting IP (alternatively) tomorrow and have sent the IP stats to a friend who is a pharmacist to see what he says is comparable.. once I have an answer I will post it here with his recommendations

On another thread.. i cant remember which one.. I have been trying to absorb them all ... somone said she was taking the following alternative supplements (i havent had a chance to cross reference them yet)
These are all from Walmart.
3 x 99mg elemental potassium
womens 1 a day mulit vitamin
2 x calcium/magnesium/zinc combo
i believe she said they had yellow labels on the bottles!
3 Potassium seems like a lot, the IP potassium is 99 mg potassium citrate...and it is only one a day...

I bought the calcium magnesium with zinc from Walmart, Jamieson brand, and they were stronger so only 2 a day, instead of IP's 4... They are element calcium, i think the IP calcium is easier on the liver and easier to digest as it is a different format. That is what the pharmacist told me when I had both bottles with me to compare. She said also taking half as many pills would also be easier on the liver as well, said it was up to me to decided. Looking at the price of 9$ for 200 pills instead of 23.99 for 120 pills, at IP.....my 200 pills needing only two a day........would last me a lot longer.

I did some research on Biotin.......nothing really suggests that it works for hair loss or fingernails or skin tone......it needs to be researched more. Some mentioned Insotil as well, they are both kind of vague in the hair loss department. Why take more pills if they arent really doing anything for us.....just making our liver and kidneys work harder. I know people who have had the lap band surger and they as well loss hair, but theirs didnt really grow back, they had huge absorbtion problems with vitamins because of the surger. With IP, and all the vitamins and high quality meat we eat...maybe the hair loss is realated to the hormone changes as we lose weight, Like when we are pregnant, I loss hair after the birth, but it grew back fine.

There just some thoughts that were going through my head. I do not like taking pills, and I know that with the vitamins, multi, cal, mag, and potassium, I never felt bad on ip when i did it the first time, well except for sugar withdrawls in the beginning....I was always able to function very well at work, so I am not messing with the vitamins too much.

Not sure about the *cleanse*, i tried that, and I must say it was the only time on IP i was constipated, it messed me up so bad, was just a waste of money for me. I would rather go eat a big mac and head right to the toilette then do the cleanse again lol plus keep my 30$ lol

I do get an omega 3 though, that is highly recomended everwhere.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote