Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

Default NSV - Mini-Goal!

So when I started this journey in January, I was devastated to have to go shopping at the time and buy a size 24 jeans. I had been wearing a size 22 jeans all last year and they had worn a hole in the thighs, so I needed new ones. Obviously they'd stretched out from wear, and I didn't realize that my 22s were actually allowing me to get bigger, because when I tried on 22s in January, they were too small. I bought the size 24s because I needed jeans that fit, but I only allowed myself the one pair.

The last 4 months I have lost 30 pounds, and I have been continuing to wear these 24s all along, wondering why my size wasn't going down. I even went to the store to try on pants at some point a month ago, and was still not fitting in the smaller size.

Then last week, my mom - who is my work out partner - told me she was buying me new jeans because my 24s were sagging on my butt. So I went to the store, found the same jeans and pulled on the size 22! They fit! I was SO THRILLED!

I wore my new jeans for the first time Monday to work. By lunch, they felt baggy on me. It was strange. So this morning, just for the **** of it, I pulled out a pair of size 20 jeans that my friend gave me last year to fit into when I got down a few sizes... they're practically new, and I hadn't worn them yet. I pulled them on and buttoned them without even trying!

I'm wearing a size 20 jeans today!! That's 2 sizes down! I didn't think I was losing weight in the right places to change my jeans size, but now I finally see that I am! Doing the happy dance today!
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #2  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. You should so be proud of yourself! Way to go!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #3  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yes i agree! Congrats. It was like reading about myself for a second, i swear. I had been wearing the same jeans for about a year as well and when i went to go buy a new pair to replace them, i couldnt find any that fit. So i feel your pain. However, i'm just getting started and havent seen any weight loss yet but your post gives me something to look forward too. That i too will get to experience the happiness of slipping on a pair of jeans that are a smaller size!! Congrats again!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks ladies! Jeans are always the hardest thing for me to buy because I am pear shaped, so to find a pair that fits right is really difficult.

Most of the pairs of pants that I really liked, I ended up wearing holes through them, and now I can't find them anywhere anymore, so it's like a chore to find a new pair of jeans that fits comfortably on both my hips/butt/thighs and doesn't gap at the waist.

That's one of the reasons I kept the jeans my friend gave me because I know they're the ones that fit me comfortably - I was just not quite that small yet. It feels AMAZING to be able to wear them and see just how much smaller I've gotten.

I've got about 6 pair of the same jeans in a size 18, so I'm ready to work my way down into wearing those next!

I AM getting this weight off... one pants size at a time!
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #5  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

haha exactly! great way to look at it.
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Congrats...still working on getting outta these 24's myself. Way to go!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1

Congratulations! I just recently fit in to my old jeans too. I couldn't button it no matter how I tried last December/January :]]
Congrats to you again!
seina is offline   Reply With Quote