Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:51 PM   #1  

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #335

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

Old 05-14-2003, 10:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Lori, you beat me to it

lol I just post a new thread too. Talk about confusing. That is okay, I don't have time for a long post because my hubby just came home. I enjoyed seeing everyone in chat. I'll see you all again really soon.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:57 PM   #3  

Good evening everyone!

The last thread was getting a tad too long; so that pretty much signaled the need for a new one Hope no one minds that I took the initiative.

Anyway, I had my eye exam today; the doctor said not to be surprised if I need bifocals around the age of 45--but the good news is that there is no glaucoma or early signs of cataracts--and that my distance vision has gotten better !

My insurance covered the lenses and the eye exam in full, and paid the first $50 on the frames--so I only have to pay $20 for a new complete pair of glasses...not bad!

Someone asked what the film I was offered was about, so here is a brief synopsis:

SORROW IS MY SISTER

A Screenplay By David-Matthew Barnes

THE LOGLINE

After her mother’s sudden death, a young black woman is forced to live with her white father and white half-sister in a racially charged Southern town.

THE STORY

Raised by a single-mother for her entire life, a young black woman named Sorrow has never known the identity of her birth father. When her mother suddenly dies from untreated cancer, Sorrow is sent from urban Chicago to a racially divided Southern town called Avalon. There, Sorrow meets her father, Edward, and half-sister, Jillian, whom are both white. Jillian initially rejects her half-sister, frightened by what her peers will do and say if they where to discover that Sorrow was her sister. When Jillian finally confesses that she is plagued with crippling depression, brought on by the accidental death of her mother for which she blames herself, the two sisters finally attempt to accept their differences. Faced with racism and hate crimes, Sorrow finds strength from her new family’s black housekeeper, Gigi, who becomes her mentor and source of courage and inspiration. In a riveting moment, the two sisters are forced to fight for each other's lives when they are caught in a near-death crisis. That moment changes lives forever and renews a sense of sisterhood.

Written by Elly-award winning writer David-Matthew Barnes, Sorrow Is My Sister was developed in order to "explore racial relationships in our country, specifically through a family". Mr. Barnes is no stranger to writing for women and teenagers. He wrote and directed the Latina coming-of-age feature film, Frozen Stars (adapted from his successful Chicago stage play), which stars Lana Parrilla (of ABC’s “Spin City”) and will be released nationally this year. Mr. Barnes' stage plays have been featured in several anthologies including The Best Stage Scenes of 2000 and The Best Women's Stage Monologues of 2000. Mr. Barnes' critically acclaimed stage play, False Hopes, a drama for African-American women, was chosen by Love Creek Productions for inclusion in their Summer 2001 One-Act Series. The play received an off-Broadway premiere at the John Houseman Studio Theatre.

Sorry I missed chat; I will try to make the next one. Hope this evening finds you all well!
Old 05-15-2003, 01:05 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Amanda... I love your pictures. What a cute little girl you have. What is her name??

Lori.. thanks for starting the new thread for us.

Terri... WELCOME !!! I don't think I have ever welcomed you to our group. I travel to Missouri all the time. Where do you live in Miissouri ??

Everyone else... I love you all but not in the mood to write tonight.
I see Kat has Thin and Tina under control.
I know there are more I need to respond to... but it is not going to happen tonight. Take care of yourselves... and take this weight LOSS journey seriously. PLEASE !!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:45 AM   #5  

Good Morning all,
It's still early, but I just couldn't lay in bed any longer this morning. We had chinese food last night, first time I've had that in months and I do mean months so my belly was so upset and I went to bed early so now Im up early. I did enjoy the food though, and might have gone over in points but not to much cause alls else I had yesterday was a salad with just green stuff and little bit of cheese in it. Will do my weigh in this afternoon.

It was nice chatting with Amanda, Mary, and Steph last night. The biggest topic I think was babies and how we had them (i.e. natural or c section) and if we had morning sickness or what ever else you had go wrong or right in your pregnancy(s). Seems Amanda and I had lots in common on that issue. I wish I had had pregnancies like Steph.....but, oh well in the end GOD granted me 2 lovely, healthy childeren, what more can I ask for?

Guess I will close for now and check in later....

THANKFUL THURSDAY
1. My health
2. My kids & hubby
3. The rest of my family
4. This web site
5. All of you
6. The sun is finally gonna shine today they say!!
7. My life is getting back to some normalcy.

Hugs to you all
Old 05-15-2003, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Only time for a quick reply. I need to go walk the dog again this morning.

2cute: I live in the Kansas City metro area. What area do you travel to?

Here's lots of : to everyone to have a great OP day!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Chicks!!!

I'm just sitting here at work eating my oatmeal and getting a slow start to the day, but I wanted to say hello and wish everyone a wonderful Thursday!

Amanda - Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful, smiling face and your daughters! I love being able to put a face with a name.

Lori - Glad the eye visit went well. $20 for new glasses - that's great!!! I had corrective laser surgery last year so no more glasses for me! I love it! At the time my company covered it so it didn't cost me a penny. They have taken that away now --- I guess too many people were taking advantage of the great offer.

Sandy - I wish I would have made it to chat last night. I would have loved all the insight on your preganancies. We are really hoping to have a little one -- soon! We've been trying for a while with no luck so after vacation it's back to the doctor for both of us. Hubby's not too excited about his test.

Terri - what kind of dog do you have. I've got three of my own at home. A beagle/terrier mix (8 yrs), a mutt (7 years) and a Chihuahua (5 months)! They are my little girls!!

Alrighty --- gotta run.
Love,
Barb
Old 05-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #8  
Beauty is within...

HI guys!

I FINALLY made it on that long walk... although only around the local neighbourhood, haven't made it up to Darwin yet! hee hee I walked what we estimate to be about 6km, which is about 3.6 miles... I loved it. Had my walkman on, powered along and did it in 45 minutes!!!! The only problem with a walkman is when you forget that no one else can hear the music and you start singing out loud!

I can't believe how many days I went without exercising. Was really feeling it that's for sure! However, luckily, I haven't gained any weight and remain at 106 kilos. Would rather be losing, but considering what I consumed over the weekend!!!

I went and bought some new leggings and a top yesterday, as a way to get me motivated and give me something decent to wear when I go walking. These pants are really nice. They're 3/4 length, a dark blue/grey/purple colour with a band of pink and purple running down the outside of the leg. I FEEL energetic just wearing them! So there I was today, in my new leggings and sneakers and top, bottle of water in one hand and walkman in my pocket, feeling on top of the world as I powered along to some of my favourite music.... GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Better get to bed, got a busy day tomorrow. I got given a gift voucher for Christmas for a Deluxe Pedicure and Manicure, which I'm finally getting tomorrow. I've also got lots of gardening to do - haven't been into the garden since last week, it's been raining. Guess I'd better use really good gloves so I don't ruin my nailpolish! hee hee

Nighty Night
Old 05-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Question Just curious...

Lynne made me wonder...

What kind of music do you listen to when you go walking/exercising? (This is for everyone to answer if you wish...I'm nosy.)

I have the Rolling Stones greatest hits CD, "40 Licks." (Yes, I'm dating myself!) I love all the old stuff by them... you can really power along to that! Any Beatles music is good too, but the old stuff is best...nice and peppy.

Give me some new ideas, please!

Books on tape are great, too...you can get so absorbed in the story that you just don't want to stop walking. Try it!

I have to sleep now...last night was my first night back to work after 8 days off. I'm ready for another week.

I shall return...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #10  

Ok not much time to post.

I just wanted to thank all of you for being there for me, I really appreciate it. I needed to hear all the advice you had to give, it was much helpful. It let me know that I do need to concentrate on my own family and that it is ok to. And that I will do.

Now as far as my eating, what do you do for the "boredoms". I am stuck and bored with my food. I need new ideas or something.

Tina and Thin: Come on girls, if you dont get back on track whos footsteps will I follow in??

Amanda: Love the pic! Beautiful daughter! Although I liked the other picture as well. I haven't quite figured out how to post a picture?? I am puter illiterat. I only do the simple and basic.

Anyone else I missed, which I know there are alot of you, I am out time for now and have lost track of where I was, so I will catch you all later.

Have a great day, tonight is my WI and not so sure I have done very well. But I am not giving up!!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:03 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I was out last night doing research for my school board election. Had a very nice meeting with an "informant". I was able to gleen alot of information and develop some really good questions that I'm sure the voters would like the answers to.

This morning I was up early. I had two last minute 'coffee shops' I had to do before 10:00 AM. They were on the other side of town, so sleeping in was not an option.

In a bit, I have to leave and be a 'showgirl'. The Matrix opens this week and I have early trailer checks to do. I'm taking #1 son with me as there are so many showtimes and then I'll let him stay and watch the movie and I'm coming home to do paperwork. I'm trying desperately to keep up with it these days.

I also have to find some time to do some brochure designing for the campaign. For somebody that really didn't want the job, I'm getting sucked in to all the drama once again. The more I research, the more I'm sure that somebody needs to be asking some serious questions and right now there isn't anyone on the board that is doing that.

Tina: Thank you for your 'kick A$$' post. That's exactly what I meant. And if you're serious, I will be happy to 'kick A$$' right back at you. NOW GET TO WW AND DON'T WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE RACE!!!!!! You can do far too much damage between now and then, and you know that it takes twice or three times as long to lose it as it does to put it on. So do yourself a favor!

Katrina: Thank you sargent!!! That's what I'm talking about. Yup, that's what I'm after. Now don't let up until I get the message.

Amanda: Thanks for the picture. And what a sweetie pie your little girl is!

Terri: I don't care if your statement was yours or your leaders. They are wise words nonetheless. Those leaders really have a repetoire of good stuff to share, don't they?

Mary: Good to see you.

Barb: Sorry your hubby is still AWOL.

Lori: Good job starting the new thread. Thanks. * The movie plot sounds interesting.

2cute: Not happy to hear you're 'moody' again. Get in here and let it out. Festering is not good for the soul.

Sandy: Sorry I missed chat. I was busy gathering information.

Lynne: Sounds like that walk put you back on track. I bet it felt good to accomplish some activity.

Deon: I will be back on track. I wouldn't want you to not have footsteps! I'll try and get some recipes posted for you.

Gotta run. It's 'showtime'. See you all later.

""The less I have to do, the less time I find to do it in."
Old 05-15-2003, 12:19 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi All ---
Popping in for my lunchtime HELLO!!! After this I am going to run over to Target to pick up a few things for the trip. Then back into the office for the last minute rush of getting things done. I am still working tomorrow - from home. So, this is last time I have to be in the office until after Memorial Day! Yippie!!!

Lynne -- Good job on the walk!!! Have fun getting your manicure and pedicure. Sounds like a fun treat!!!

Kat --- I don't usually listen to music when I exercise. If I'm at home on the treadmill I watch TV and if I go walking through the neighborhood I just take in all the sights and sounds -- not to mention I usually have a dog or two by my side.

Deon --- When I am bored with food I usually hit the internet and search for some new recipes or wander around a healthy type store like Trader Joes or Zagaras.

Thin --- You are a busy gal! Good Luck with the campaign work!

Time for me to run! See ya later!
Barb
Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM   #13  

Default Okay, I guess I owe you gals a long post.

Hey chickadee's,

I've become a lurker again, and need to snap out of it, you gals are so good a responding to each other, I need to stop sitting in the outfield and join in.

I've been feeling quite crappy lately, I don't know whats going on with this body of mine, I feel like I'm totally PMSing, but I had my period last week, even though it was due today, and I'm still spoting a bit, so I don't know what's going on with TOM. As well as I'm so tired, and my allergies are really bothering me. I took a Reactin the other night, and yesterday I couldn't keep my eyes open and work, and I find when I take this med, I become *****ier than ever, so I don't want to take the med. I guess I'll just have to go back to the Doctor and ask what else might work for me. Any of you gals suffering from allergies, what kind of medicine do you take??

Food has been terrible the last couple of days, we had a BBQ at work on Tuesday, and had tons of food, so I ate till I felt sick, and yesterday, we tried to get rid of some of the left overs, and I ate way to much again, and we still have tons left over, I'm currently snacking on some pickles as we speak, we still have a couple dozen smokies left and some hamburgers, there frozen, so hopefully no one decides to BBQ again today. I just don't know how to say NO..
But I did step on the scale today, to see what kind of damage I've done, and my weight is still the same, so It gave me the incentive to make the most out of the rest of the week. I want to have another loss on monday.

Went and visited some friends on Sunday, we haven't seen them in along time, and my friend had commented me on my loss and said she could really see it in my face, said I was looking good. So that's always nice to here, actually if you look at my face you wouldn't think I'm over weight, I don't have a doulble chin and have good cheek bones, I can actually see my hollowing under my cheekbones, when I use to have chubby cheeks. I don't want to get satisfied, and stay at this weight, I want to be able to wear shorts by the end of the summer, and not feel ashamed. Would love to get a tan on this white body.

Oh yeah, on Monday, I went for a walk, I think I walked 2.5 miles, and I felt good, I was walking fast, and didn't have any pains in my shins, and my legs and calfs weren't aching. Last year, when I started walking I could barely walk any distance with out my shins killing me. I would like to do this walk at least 4X a week, so keep on asking me how the walking going.

I saw some pictures at my mom's house, of my son's birthday in Sept, I look huge, (yes I know I am huge) but it really brings things into perspective, I looked totally different than the image I have in my head. I looked awful, and I don't want to look, awful. I want to be pretty, and feel pretty, diffently will use these pictures as before pictures, it really shows the weight.

Son started soccer this week, and I think he really will enjoy soccer, I'm not to fond of being a hockey mom, but I think I can live with being a soccer mom, and it cost's alot less.

DF fiance has been working out of town the last couple of night so I haven't seen him since Monday. I like having a break from him every now and then, lately he can't seem to keep his hands off me, and Is constantly telling me how much he loves me and what he wants to do to me, and sometimes all this attention really gets on my nerves, I can't give the guy a kiss, with out him wanting something more. I can't imagine what It would be like If I was 100lbs, lighter, we'd never leave the bedroom if it was up to him.

Okay gals, I'm at work so I better do something productive,
TA TA for now,
Old 05-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hey Duckie ---
Good to hear from you. I only have a second, but I thought I'd chime in on the allergies --- a few weeks ago I was absolutely miserable and sick from them. I am taking Flonase and Zyrtec right now and it's wonderful. I use the Flonase (nasal spray) in the morning and take a Zyrtec in the evening (it can make you drowsy so I take it at night). After a few days of this routine I felt a million times better!!! Belive me, I understand how miserable allergies can be! Feel better soon!
Barb
Old 05-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #15  
A Work In Progress

Talking Hey there

Good afternoon chickadees!! How are you today? I am feeling fabulous once again. I went to the gym for night 3 last night and I have one word about it....OUCH. I like being sore though because then I know it is working. Tonight I am going at 6 and walking for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then I am gonna take a class at 6:30. It is called BodyFlow and it is a mixture of Yoga, TaeChi, and Pilates. I am excited about it because I have been wanting to try those. Robert told me last night that when my free pass is up I should go ahead and join. He is such a sweetheart!! I dont know that i will though. It is only $39 a month but you have to sign a 2 year contract. I hate signing contracts because you never know what might happen where you are unable to keep paying. Anyway, I dont know what I am gonna do about it yet.

Duckie- Throw those leftovers out sweetie!! They will only continue to be a temptation for you. You have come this far and you can continue. I am like you, I never know just how bad I look until I see pictures. I think I have myself fooled sometimes. Start posting more often. I know it helps me to get in here and share. Dont give up!! Just think of what next year's birthday pictures could look like.

Barb- A 9 day vacation?? I am green with envy. I am only kidding!! Where are you going? Take me with you please!! Nope only kidding again. I hope you have a great vacation!!

Thin- You have been doing so good and I can bet feeling better too, so dont throw it all out the window now!! Get rid of the red light foods and start moving that body!! If I can do it, then you can do it! You are worth being healthy. By the way, that was said with complete love

Deon- You seem to be in a better mood. I am glad to see it. Take care of you girl!!

Kat- I listen to all kinds of music. I love to work out to "I will survive", it really gets my blood pumping. I have a CD burner so I have a huge mix of songs. I like power songs!

LoseFor Life- 3.6 miles is great!! I think I would pass out if I did that in 45 minutes. It takes me 30 minutes to go about 2 on the treadmill. Good going!!

determined to succeed- Hello, hope to see you later with a longer post

Sandy- I wish I had made it in chat in time to join that discussion. I love talking about my babies. I had easy pregnancies except for morning sickness. My oldest Lee was induced at 33 weeks and only weighed 2 lbs and 14 oz. He was in the hospital for the first 28 days of his life. My placenta had stopped functioning during the middle of my pregnancy.

2Cute- I am a huge American I dol fan also. I like Clay and Ruben both so I am happy but I have been pulling for Clay since Kimberly Caldwell was voted off. Clay is a NC boy and I was born in NC. Plus he is so cute. Next week is gonna be good. The votes are gonna be close. Go Clay and Ruben!!!!

Amanda- Great picture!! I bet you are so happy with your new computer. I used to have WebTV and a computer allows you to do and see so much more huh?

Lori- What part are you playing in that screenplay? Jillian? Will it be on TV or what? Let me know!

Well I need to go and do some dishes and drink some water. Have a great day all!!!

Tracy
324/324/150
Closed Thread