General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default (TMI) Gas...

I've pretty much ate the same foods for 1-2 years. I am a picky eater, don't like much meat ect. so I like to have my favorite foods for breakfast lunch, snacks ect. It has helped me and I have been maintaining this weight range for 1-2 years
I like to eat lots of veggies and in the past it never really bothered me this much. And like I said, I've been eating this way for 1-2 years..and it hasn't bothered me....but now I am suddenly suffering from gas more often...why?
I even take gas ex, extra strength, that my parents keep in the medical cabinet and it doesn't seem to have helped.
The only thing I can think to do, is to stop eating or stop eating veggies...and aren't we supposed to eat those? They are healthy!! :/
Any idea what to do?
It happens alot at work. I hope they don't notice or can't fire me over it
Help
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #2  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Well I never understood what people were talking about when they said foods caused them gas. I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Then I turned 30, and it's like a switch went on. Some foods like beans and broccoli give me gas lol! It's crazy.

Anyway, can you switch the times you eat the foods, like eat non-gas causing foods at work? What about beano? It's scary to change things up when you know what works for you, but I guess sometimes you have to
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

OMG I get this problem now and then and continuously run to the bathroom lol.

It's random for me too Most days I'm fine then one day a week BAM!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #4  

pinkflower-yeah I know my mom and dad get indigestion or something like that and I don't. When overweight we'd eat pizza, they would get indigestion all night and I'd be like...what?
I could try beano...maybe that other gas ex med just doesn't work for me anymore?

beerab-I can't run to the bathroom all the time though, lol I only get so many breaks at work and never get to choose when to get them
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #5  

oh and I thought maybe it had to do with PMS and that time of month since I think this is all when it started, only it hasn't gone away...
Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Then bring a spray and use it liberally
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #7  

if you are eating any pasta or bread products it could be from that. I just found out last year that I have a gluten allergy and since I cut out gluten and now dairy..I no longer have gas at all! before, I was so embarrassed all the time. It was to the point that was nervous to eat out at restaurants unless I came straight home afterwards. Now, no problems. I can all the vegetables I want This may not be your problem though...
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW183/SW142/CW132.6/GW115

Height: 5'3

I have this same problem. The difference is i seem to get a lot more gas when i eat at night. Since i work graveyard shifts, this makes life extremely difficult. My #1 source for gas seems to be apples. Anyone have a solution to this?
Armastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post
if you are eating any pasta or bread products it could be from that. I just found out last year that I have a gluten allergy and since I cut out gluten and now dairy..I no longer have gas at all! before, I was so embarrassed all the time. It was to the point that was nervous to eat out at restaurants unless I came straight home afterwards. Now, no problems. I can all the vegetables I want This may not be your problem though...
hmmm, good point but I eat little to no bread and pasta products. I've actually cut alot of bread/pasta out and replaced it with other foods and eat it only on occasion now (like an occasional pizza)
I still eat plain oatmeal at breakfast but I don't think it would be that either...its been my breakfast forever!!