Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/212/185

Height: 5'5

Default Back Knee Fat

Is so disgusting and like my biggest pet peeve (for today) it looks like my belly in the back of my knee. Now that it is almost(?) summer all the pretty skirts and dresses are coming out and I still have to find skirts that go below the back knee fat and sleeves that are longer then the elbow hang. I swear it is times like these that really make me question the point of losing the weight. I know health but lets talk about straight up vanity, straight Barbie ish. I want to wear a mini skirt and a halter top not a granny dress that covers all my lady parts!!!

Sigh...what is your vanity pet peeve about your weight loss?
doinit200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Oh definitely that darned arm hang.

Most of my wardrobe choices are made to trick people into not noticing the bat wings. It's worse now that I'm in TN...it's so hot in the summer I cant get away with wearing long sleeves and saying that I get cold. I'll be ecstatic when the wings fly away and I can wear tank tops and cut dresses with out sleeves.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I used to cover up my arms but this year I decided "what the heck?!" It's not like people don't know that I'm fat. They probably notice more so when I'm wearing long sleeves in August in the desert than if I just wear short sleeves. So, I am wearing short sleeves this year. Poo on anyone who has something to say about it!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

At my heaviest, I wore sleeveless shirts. Sure, it doesn't fit society's aesthetics, but neither do I. I'm fat. The world can deal with it.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #5  

You will probably have to lose another 25 pounds before that excess fat goes away. Mine went away when I lost 35 pounds.
It will go away eventually. Just keep plugging away with the dieting.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises View Post
At my heaviest, I wore sleeveless shirts. Sure, it doesn't fit society's aesthetics, but neither do I. I'm fat. The world can deal with it.
I'll second that! I've always worn shorts and tank tops in the summer regardless of my weight. There's no way I'm going to sweat like a pig just to keep someone else " comfortable ". If they don't like it, they can look somewhere else. I'm not here to decorate someone's world.

Last edited by Streudel; 04-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinit200 View Post
Sigh...what is your vanity pet peeve about your weight loss?
I am as vain as anyone - I don't even pretend to care about my health, it has absolutely nothing to do with my motivation for losing weight. But even so, I really don't have a "vanity pet peeve" about my weight loss. I don't mind the wrinkles or the stretch marks on my belly; they are my battle scars that show how far I've come. I don't worry that this or that part of my body isn't perfect; no one but me is looking that closely anyhow. And I'm not afraid of looking my age - I've lived those years, darnit, and that experience makes me a better and wiser person. So I've no reason to want to hide that.

I am somewhat baffled by people who fret about "what if I have loose skin" or "my ankles are still fat" or whatever and seem to want to use that as an excuse to stay fat (not saying you are doing this, just that it is a behavior I do see). I didn't look like a supermodel when I was at my fattest, and guess what? I don't now either. But I do look a whole lot better than I did 85 pounds ago and in another 25 pounds or so I'll look even better still. That's really good enough for me. A little flop here and a little wrinkle there doesn't compromise the whole package.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Doinit200-
Are you my twin?? I am troubled by my knees too. And I was hoping to wear sleeveless shirts this summer. I am very self conscious of my extra weight. But I am working on it. The weight problem that is...
My body is kinda weird- my shins to my ankles are slim looking. But my hips to my knees are heavy. It reminds me of a chicken leg. My arms are slim from my elbows to my wrist- but heavy from my shoulders to my elbow??
In the beginning of my weight loss I measured myself all over. Head to toe. And I have lost 5 inches off each knee! So when I feel sad when I look in the mirror at these chubby knees I remind myself if I lost that many inches off of them I can lose more. I'm in the middle of my weight loss journey. I have lost enough to feel excited, but not enough to be where I feel really good about my body.
I would find pretty clothes that flatter your body and that you feel comfortable in. I have to admit it when I see women wearing clothes that are just way too tight and they have poured themselves into them- it just isn't attractive.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #9  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I always try to caution peeps about unrealistic expectations - yes losing weight is awesome but we can't really expect minis & halters after abusing our bodies with hundreds of extra pounds for X amount of years... it can be done yes, but it's rare.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 315/212/185

Height: 5'5

True it is unrealistic, people are not paying any mind and it is just a part of who I am. The bottom line is it makes me feel subconscious but like anything I ultimately have control about how I feel about my body. One day I hope to be in a place where these little things don't bother me and I can be ok with my body, working on it.
doinit200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I remember I wore a sleeveless bridesmaid gown to my sister's wedding. I was very self-conscious because I don't ever show my arms. The funny thing was that I forgot I had lost about 60 pounds since my extended family had seen me last. Well, I wasn't thin but man, they didn't notice my arms. They just noticed me.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

my worst pet peeve is my back fat, it is so out of control, so much more boobs in the back than the front...kids in school said i had a backpack it sucks but its true. oh well...
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Like some others, I don't and never have worried about wearing sleeveless shirts. Living in the humid South, there is no way I'm going through summers wearing long sleeved shirts, especially 100+ pounds ago when I used to sweat all the time as it was! Now I'm usually cold all the time so the sweating is not an issue. Now I only sweat when I want to. That's really a nice perk from the weight loss.

But my pet peeve are my legs! The saggy skin on the upper thighs don't bother me TOO much (longer shorts and pantyhouse with dresses/skirts takes care of that issue) but the size of my calves are irritating to me. Turns out now that I've lost all this weight, I'm a pear shape, and my legs are the largest part of me. I was so excited back in the winter, thinking that since I'd lost weight, I would finally fit into a regular pair of knee-length boots. It was so frustrating and disheartening to go to three shoe stores and not be able to find a single pair that fit!

On the plus side, with all the running and biking I do, I am finally starting to see some muscle definition on my calves, but they aren't the shapely limbs I'd like them to be. Ah well. They are strong, though and I'll take that over shapely anyday.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote