Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face stressed, need support

Hi everyone,

I'm super stressed right now. I can feel the tension in my neck and shoulders I start a new job tomorrow! I had my orientation today and it went well but tomorrow is the real test! I packed a lunch so hopefully I won't be too tempted to pig out at Dunkin Donuts which is in the parking lot of my new employer's strip mall, along with a pizzeria, great for weight loss right!

I don't want to undergo too many changes at once but I am debating doing Ediets or Jenny Craig once I get my paycheck because then I think I'll be able to afford it and I would like to lose this weight. I was doing the calorie counting on Live Strong but have got lazy with that. I think I need a more structured program like JC or Ediets compared to calorie counting. Has anyone here tried Ediets or JC? I put my gym membership on freeze because I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to fit the time in to work out but I am going to try to take walks after work or, take the membership off of freeze once things settle down in a week or two.

I am still pretty much stuck in size 22, not 24 Thank goodness but I thought I was doing well when I bought a size of 20s, one pair of 20s stretch fits. I thought about this tonight doing online shopping because I'd like to get capris for work. Well, I am determined to get to a size 20 for those capris!

Thanks for listening!

Wish me luck!

I hope you are all doing great

Last edited by seabiscuit; 04-25-2011 at 09:10 PM.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #2  

I can't say I have personal experience with JC, but my sister loves it. She's lost a lot of weight with Jenny and plans to stay on it for life! lol Good luck!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

thats great about your sisters success! thanks for sharing that! good for her!

thanks, hope you are doing well
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #4  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Jenny Craig is SO expensive because you have to buy all their food AND supplement with fresh fruits and veggies. Insanely expensive.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Take deep breaths, you'll be great tomorrow. You've prepared for the day by getting your lunch pre-packed, and it's good that you're aware of what the temptations will be (A Dunkin Donuts and a Pizzeria in the same strip mall?! How evil!!). I don't know anything about Jenny Craig or eDiets, but definitely take the next few days to get a lay of the land at the new job...get a feel for the eating habits of your co-workers (will it be easy to eat healthy because they are too, or are you going to need a lot of structure because there's a lot of temptation within the office?), see what your schedule is like for exercise....then, once you've got a good feel for it, pick food and exercise plans that work for you. But I have no doubt tomorrow will be great, have a fantastic first day on the new job!
ILRPinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Thanks Pink,

I appreciate your support! I feel I am prepared by packing a lunch and am just nervous about my performance on the job and being near Dunkin Donuts, 7-11 and a pizzeria! Thanks so much for your encouragement!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #7  
becky144

S/C/G: 221/ticker/144

Height: 5'7"

good luck to you
becky144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

thanks!!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #9  

My personal opinion is that pre-packaged food, like JC, is way too processed and high in sodium. I know calorie counting can be a pain but to me, it's healthier if you pay attention to the content of the food. Food quality is very important to me.

That being said, I do know someone who had success on JC. She was on it for a while and slowly went back to just "regular" foods. She gained some weight back after a while but then went back on JC for a while to get back on track. If you need more structure it may be a good way to get yourself on a good track, and then apply the lower calorie counts and smaller portion sizes to "regular" food later on.

Good luck with the new job!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #10  

You'll be fine. If you do feel a little nervous, try to break the day into parts for instance if you work from 9am-5pm, for instance, just think about intervals of time-9-9:30, 9:30-10 and so on. You can make the intervals as long or as short as you need. This is based on the saying "one day at a time" but you can make it any time period. By visualizing yourself being calm for just a certain amount time it can really reduce anxiety, for me at least. Also sometimes I tell myself I can do anything for one day and then one day turns into many days.
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #11  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Thank you so much

Tiffany, I appreciate your sharing your friend's success about JC. Yes, I agree those plans have processed food which isn't great but it might be something that would be okay for a little while to get me on track.

Bonnie, Thanks for the idea about the time interval. I too like the saying "one day at a time" and agree it can be used for any time period. I appreciate your support.

------------------

Update!

Today was pretty good after all! I just hope I can get some sleep for tomorrow. I didn't pig out at Dunkin and actually didn't even finish my lunch.

I am re-thinking doing Jenny or Ediets. It is a lot of expense. I just need to find some way to get this weight off.

thanks for being here!

Last edited by seabiscuit; 04-26-2011 at 11:35 PM.