Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, April 25 through Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy New Week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Had a HUGE birthday party of Saturday for my Niece and two of her daughters. It was catered with Polish food...my very favorite. Then Sunday was Easter and my Sister cooked a fabulous meal. Ate both days....with dessert. I stayed within my daily points and ate most of my 49 points. I already know that I really can't eat my extra 49 so I expect a gain TWICE today. Once at Jenny soon and another later at WW.

Then I begin anew.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies. I hope you all had a joyous Holiday week -- Happy Easter and Happy Passover to my chickie friends.

I was off last week with dd (school vacation week). We had a wonderful time - went off to Maine for 3 days and I went into Boston with her twice. Once with her Brownie troop to do the Freedom Trail tour and then took DD and her friend to the New England Aquarium. Then we ended the week off with a wonderful Easter day. Services yesterday morning were just fabulous - a joyous celebration. Then dinner at my SILs house.

Needless to say I've been eating like a horse for a couple weeks and the scale is up to a point I am just not happy with. So, today I am back strickt, strict, strict. No more wine or chocolate for a long while -- at least until I'm actually back to where my ticker is at. Plus my pants are starting to get a bit snug around the waist. Time to stop this NOW and get back on track.

Vickie - YUM, Kielbasa. I'm 1/2 Polish, 1/2 Lithuania. Grew up with Polish dinners for Easter. Some of the best food around!

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning:

I had a little chocolate and some frozen yogurt yesterday but basically I stayed within a reasonable calorie limit. I believe that I noticed the effect of the sugar on my body too. Not so pleasant really.

When I took the dog for her walk last night, I turned right back home as I noticed the tell-tale green sky. We had major thunderstorms, with the town tornado siren blaring. We took shelter for a while, then DH went to the TV to see what was happening. The weather station said the storm was past us. That was the first time I've had to seek shelter since I was a teenager. I called my niece who lives here and she and her GS were shopping and the store management had them all huddled together.

I don't think there was any tornado touch-down here.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Rhonda, scary! I didn't know about the green sky. Of course in the NE its one thing we don't need to worry about - that and earthquakes! Glad you're all safe.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the new pages. Your weekend sounds good. Congratulations on staying in your points range. I think that's awesome especially with all the events you had. Give yourself an atta-girl! You did great!

Happy Monday, Chickies! I had a great Easter and was able to stay op the whole time. Today is Day 321 sf. Okay, I'm finished bragging. Curtis is gone to visit a guy friend at the hospital. He rode with another guy. I'm home waiting to see if storms permit my going to OA tonight. My sponsor and I are going out to dinner afterwards. I'm looking forward to some "girltime."

Paula, I am so proud of you for getting back in control before you do too much damage. Remember, I'm the chickie who regained a lot the last few years. Kudos to you for nipping this.

Rhonda, I'm glad you were safe. I was thinking of you last night. We saw that green sky, too. Curtis and I got our emergency grab bag ready and sat fully dressed watching the weather on television. Our next plan was to get in the tub in the little bathroom. Don't know if that would help or not. I think it would be easy for our place to go to Oz.

Have a great afternoon, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #7  

Way to go you Chickies: Sandra, Vickie and Paula for each of your accomplishments.

Yes, Paula, a green sky means "hunker down" to us. I don't imagine that there is always a green sky, but when there is one you can be rather certain that there is a tornado around. It may be a myth, but we don't push it.

We had more thuderstorms today, and there was a tornado near where I grew up, about 60 miles from here. (Closer to Sandra than to me.)

I saw the trainer today and we are going to modify my routine a bit because it is just so tough that I am tired before I'm even half way through it. So, I'm going to do only one set of each exercise. Then, if I still have energy, I can go back through the sets and repeat them. I might have bragged to you that he told me the program would challenge someone half my age so that I shouldn't be unhappy about stepping back a bit to lessen the chance of getting an injury. I'm not the least bit disappointed in anything except the slow loss of body fat. But, my body is changing.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm so glad your trainer is working with you and is modifying your program. You are doing amazingly well.

I was home alone when the storms hit today. Thought I was going to do my hunkering down in the bathroom but was able to stay in front of the television. Thank goodness for the Channel 5 Weather Team. They kept me from panicking. (I did have to take 1/3 an anxiety pill.)

Have a good evening, everyone. I'll catch you tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Green sky Rhonda? What you been sniffing?

Morning everyone, chocolate fest is over and I'm back, nose to the wheel. No group meeting last night because of the holiday so looking forward to next Monday.

We have been having beautiful weather here, more like summer but just read that there is rain forecast for THE wedding on Friday. Although there are not many street parties planned, there will be thousands in London enjoying the carnival atmosphere so I hope it stays dry for them.

Have a good day everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #10  

Jojo just thank your lucky stars if you've never seen a green-tinted sky.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! THEY say I gained 1.6 pounds. Harumph. I think it's just all the salt and stuff. Better luck next week.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

eveing ladies hope your all well
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Rhonda and I are still on Earth. Looked like we might have headed to Oz yesterday--and, "Oh my!" We're having thunder boomers again today.

JoJo, I think you're lucky if you've never seen those green skies. Scarey stuff for sure. I think I aged a few years yesterday.

Hi, Ems.

Vickie, salt will definitely do it. Next week you'll be moving those scales down again.

I went for pedi/mani this morning. Now we're having more hail. Life goes on. Wonder when these storms will end.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #14  

Ok, I learned this from the local weather channel. The clouds with some tornados contain hail. If there is hail, the skies are greenish. Why the hail turns the sky green, they didn't say.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for calling to check on us. I was wondering how you and Doyle were, too. I'm glad you called.

That's good to know about hail and green skies.