Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Red face From NS to Medifast

So last fall I went on nutrisystem and it was a really good plan that I got my kick start off to weight loss. However, I got sick of the food really fast - specifically the lunches. The other meals were fine, but the lunches disgusted me. I physically would gag as I ate them. I'm thankful that nutrisystem showed me I CAN lose weight, but, it was just too expensive and not too palatable for me at the time. Buying all the NS food plus the add-ins really cost a lot too. I ended up selling months of food I recently collected on craigslist (after my first few weeks of success I went gaga for the stuff) back on craigslist because I just couldn't stomach a lot of the entrees anymore.

My weight loss has definitely slowed since I went back to doing it on my own buying NS comparable and the like, so I ordered 2 weeks of medifast. It seems like food I will tire of less easily - close favorites of bars, shakes, etc. Plus I eat fish and salad for dinner almost every night, sounds great. I learned from the mistakes of NS and only ordered those 2 weeks so I didn't get stuck with boxes of food I hated. Considering it's what, 800-1000 cal/day, I'm definitely thinking this is going to be temporary!

There was a brief transition into a low carb Atkins lifestyle but I don't really like to eat a lot of meat except sea food so it was difficult to maintain without getting bored. Guess I just didn't get "good" at it. SO the medifast approach to a lower carb life style intrigues me.

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 04-25-2011 at 02:45 PM.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #2  

I think the important thing is that you learned that you could lose weight and the fact that you have used that to stay motivated. Doesn't really matter which program you use, as long as YOU make it work, ya know?
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5

Default Jollygreen

How has the Medifast diet come along? Did you stick to it? I've been on that diet for four weeks now and I love it.
Raquel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel7 View Post
How has the Medifast diet come along? Did you stick to it? I've been on that diet for four weeks now and I love it.
Me too! Down 15.6 pounds in 3 weeks.

Last edited by mjhart23; 08-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.
mjhart23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #5  

Awesome! I'm down 26 pounds in 11 weeks- almost three months. I've cheated a lot in between due to lots of birthdays in the summer but I don't over do it. I just pick right back up where I left off. This has been the only diet to work for me. I've tried so may other ones and have never lasted as long as I have with this one. Though it's not cheap, to me it's worth every penny. I feel so good, have more energy and the compliments don't stop! Good luck, if you stick to it, it works.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #6  

I went on Medifast about 3 years back. I started mid November and by March of the following year I had lost 90 pounds. It was amazing! I've gained some back because I didn't do any type of maintenance but I am starting again as soon as my package arrives in the mail. We live in Nj temporarily and are headed home to San Diego in 5 months.

Raquel, I agree it can be a bit expensive but like I explained to my husband, in the long run hopefully I am saving money in doctor visits.
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #7  

Well I'm down 38 lbs and counting. I've reached a plateau and got discouraged this weekend and cheated more than I ever have in the past. I got right back on it today Monday and even went to the gym, hoping to burn more of the calories I ate yesterday. It's easy to break it and if you're not careful it won't be easy getting back on it. It's those carbs that can do you in. The more you eat them the more you want them.

Juniper Berries, good for you for getting back on it. Best of luck to you. San Diego is Awesome!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #8  

Raquel,

38 pounds is absolutely amazing! You should be so proud of yourself..what a great achievement!
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote