Old 04-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Default How did everyone do for Easter??

Just wondering if everyone stayed on plan today??!!

I had my husbands family over, and I had turkey keilbasa and a couple slices of spiral ham and 2c green beans! I did have a half of a lemon square though I drank a ton of water, took my vitamins and had a shake around 7pm. I think I didn pretty well, seeing this is been 9 days on IP for me!!

Hope everyone else had a successful day!

phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

B~ IP Crispy cereal with cinamon on it;

L~ RTD chocolate shake, romaine lettuce, WF caesar dressing;

D~ Spinach salad with peppers and cucumbers (I avoided the fruit, the nuts, the sunflower seeds, the shredded carrot, the croutons), sugar-free oil & vinegar dressing, ham with dijon mustard, mixed string beans (there was some butter on there but it was the best I could do). I avoided the sweet potatoes, the scalloped potatoes and the fresh-baked bread buns. During dessert, I had an IP lemon bar instead of the chocolate cake with fondant icing or the yogurt parfaits that were offered.

S~ A second chocolate RTD was needed before bed (4th packet for the day) or else I would have indulged in something forbidden. I am at my weakest when I get tired.

W~ I managed to get all of my water! I even had water in my wine glass at the table and refilled plenty of times.

Hi~ Had a great time during the kids' Easter Egg Hunt and had a nice time with family

Lo~ I had a blood pressure issue or anxiety attack while taking my shower today (only my 2nd time needing Ativan since being on a IP and still a huge improvement for me).

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #3  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Thankfully, I had a perfect IP day! I hope everyone else did to! Ready to face the new week with high hopes of additional weight loss!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Did well. Turkey had gravy on it-couldn't do anything about that since the ham was cooked with pineapples. Had cabbage and beansprouts. Left the green bean casserole and the NUMEROUS desserts beverages and sweets untouched.

WHOOPEE!
gaya2081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #5  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I had decided weeks ago that today was going to be my designated cheat day so I spent the whole day cheating, banana bread, homemade rolls, mini cheesecake squares even a diet soda. I did eat lots of protein but def did not get in my 4 cups veggies. Kinda missed them actually. I am currently on phase two but will do phase 1 tomorrow and back on phase two tuesday. I really figured I needed today to keep my sanity, I was getting really burnt out and felt like I was just ready to be done. I thank God that I have the ability and will power to have a cheat and jump right back on plan otherwise it would be a slippery slope. 3-5 pounds left before I reach phase 3.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Ive been off the last 2 days, not feeling very well.
We had prime rib for supper so my coach suggested only having a small serving and possibly adding another packet to make up for the protien.
I did have a few mini eggs this morning, but otherwise, got my water in, veggies all in( I really feel crappy when I don't get them now) and vitamins. WI tomorrow morning so fingers crossed !!

Hope everyone had a great weekend !!
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #7  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I had two donuts, but went back on plan for the rest of the day. That's the first time I have ever went right back on track. Usually I would count the whole day as a loss. Got in all my water and had egg drop soup for dinner. I have been craving that for soooo long.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #8  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

I totally cheated yesterday. :-| It was the first time in 3 weeks. I had to take just 1 day off...to my surprise...I still lost 3 pounds this weekend (not sure how). I'm back on this morning and feeling great. Happy Monday everyone!!
vballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post

I had my husbands family over, and I had turkey keilbasa and a couple slices of spiral ham and 2c green beans! I did have a half of a lemon square though I drank a ton of water, took my vitamins and had a shake around 7pm. I think I did pretty well, seeing this is been 9 days on IP for me!!
Hay, as far as I am concerned, any attempts to cut back (as compared to your usual MO on a holiday) is a victory-- well done!

Susie B---Holy cow---you did awesome!!! Sorry about the anxiety, tho---hope you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
Thankfully, I had a perfect IP day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Did well. Turkey had gravy on it-couldn't do anything about that since the ham was cooked with pineapples. Had cabbage and beansprouts. Left the green bean casserole and the NUMEROUS desserts beverages and sweets untouched.

WHOOPEE!
Whoopeeeeeee indeed!! Way to stay strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I had decided weeks ago that today was going to be my designated cheat day..... I really figured I needed today to keep my sanity, I was getting really burnt out and felt like I was just ready to be done. I thank God that I have the ability and will power to have a cheat and jump right back on plan otherwise it would be a slippery slope. 3-5 pounds left before I reach phase 3.
I think a planned cheat day is indeed a sanity saver---nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
Ive been off the last 2 days, not feeling very well.
We had prime rib for supper so my coach suggested only having a small serving and possibly adding another packet to make up for the protein.
I did have a few mini eggs this morning, but otherwise, got my water in, veggies all in( I really feel crappy when I don't get them now) and vitamins. WI tomorrow morning so fingers crossed !!
Sorry you have not been feeling well---looks like you did well overall. Hope you are feeling good again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I had two donuts, but went back on plan for the rest of the day. That's the first time I have ever went right back on track. Usually I would count the whole day as a loss. Got in all my water and had egg drop soup for dinner. I have been craving that for soooo long.
Getting right back on plan is a MAJOR YAHOOOO----it is so easy to say, well screw it, may as well eat garbage all day........ Good for you for getting right back on the wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballmom View Post
I totally cheated yesterday. :-| It was the first time in 3 weeks. I had to take just 1 day off...to my surprise...I still lost 3 pounds this weekend (not sure how). I'm back on this morning and feeling great. Happy Monday everyone!!
Ya know, it happens--you are committed TODAY---make the most of it!

I was "sort of" OP--- I missed my evening IP snacks Sat. & sun night and I ate a grilled chicken salad with a little cheese on it Sat. night (the rest of my family had deep dish pizza), and then Sunday we went to a buffet. All I ate was smoked salmon and salad--not sure about the carb count in the dressing, but I used very little. I also drank coffee for the first time in a month and put about 2 tsp of half n half in it. So my cheats were small, but i am pretty sure I will see either no loss or less of one this week. WI is Wednesday. I am ok with that---this is 1000% better than my "usual" and I feel really good about how I did.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I made roasted turkey breast with garlic, lemon, and spices... I also made roasted asparagus and my friend who hosted had some steamed broccoli that I could eat. I also had green salad with cucumber and tomato, and tiny bit of vinaigrette.

I had some leftover cauliflower caviar in endive that I had made for my supper club the night before, so I took that. People said that they liked it, but no one had more than one... Oh well... it's my food and I like it. ** i just posted this to the recipe thread and included my substitutions.

I stayed on plan and that's all that matters.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 04-25-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

I did not cheat at all, but had the worst day on Saturday. I think I exercised too hard without any breakfast until 10:15am. It was a terrible day, so I had an extra packet in the afternoon. I always eat my packet before bed. I also did that on Sunday but did not have a packet before bed.

It was me and my bf, and my Mom only. She cooked chicken and a few other dishes which we couldn't eat and her to-die-for carrot cake! But I did not have any. I smelled it though. Smell is more than half of taste (yes I am a wine freak).

My mother was so antagonistic. She's pretty skinny at 5'6" (115 pounds!), but she also does landscape architecture and she installs her own designs, including stone masonry and trees, without any help. So she gets plenty of moving around during the day. She was really down on the diet. She thinks it's stupid and she was really disappointed that we couldn't eat the food she cooked. I told her in advance, but maybe I didn't explain it fully. It would have been good if me and my bf were 2 out of 10 people, but we were only 2 out of 3 people which made it really awkward. We didn't cheat though. She kept saying, "Oh, you can't have this, don't look at that." It was really annoying. So I did phase 2 for Sunday so I could have 2 eggs for lunch. She also complained about eating all the vegetables at Easter dinner. We steamed cauliflower for Easter dinner on Saturday (we did it early so she and my bf could eat the chicken for 2 days instead of one, I don't eat chicken). The cauliflower tasted so good! She gets good cauliflower in PA. It didn't need anything on it. Also I made rainbow swiss chard and she loved that too. She didn't eat all of it though.

She's really down on my bf, because he's doing IP to lower his blood pressure. Apparently she tried to change her diet for a year, including giving up coffee, one of the loves of her life, to no avail. She still needed blood pressure medicine in the end. She didn't say how she changed her diet though. I wonder if Omega-3 fats have a good effect on blood pressure (as they do on cholesterol). I'll have to do some research on it to see.

BUT we stayed on plan, perfectly. I did phase 2 and had an extra packet on Sat., but it was still on the plan. I'm glad I'm back at work today so I can drink a lot of water and work days are my easiest for this diet. Easy to control. My A/C at my condo is not on yet and it's 80 degrees in there! I was so sweaty last night. I'll be sure to drink extra water today.

I'm glad everyone had a great Easter! You all are so encouraging!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I made roasted turkey breast with garlic, lemon, and spices... I also made roasted asparagus and my friend who hosted had some steamed broccoli that I could eat. I also had green salad with cucumber and tomato, and tiny bit of vinaigrette.

I had some leftover cauliflower caviar in endive that I had made for my supper club the night before, so I took that. People said that they liked it, but no one had more than one... Oh well... it's my food and I like it. ** i just posted this to the recipe thread and included my substitutions.

I stayed on plan and that's all that matters.
Great job staying on plan. I like your attitude and concur, "it's my food and I like it."

I've never made anything with endive! I'm going to check out your recipe - thank you for always sharing your food ideas!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #13  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Glad that everyone had a good day on plan! It is really tough to stay on plan when everyone around you is eating all the foods that you once enjoyed!
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Great job staying on plan. I like your attitude and concur, "it's my food and I like it."

I've never made anything with endive! I'm going to check out your recipe - thank you for always sharing your food ideas!
I guess I'm a transformed foodie now. But still a foodie at heart.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #15  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

I didn't cheat with any carbs, but I just about ate my body weight in veggies, lettuce and protein all weekend!
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote