Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

I woke up this morning really wanting to do this. I have been playing around with the idea of going High Raw again (was for about six weeks last Summer) for a while and decided that today I would commit to at least 10 days of as High Raw as I can.

I am pretty sure I can do very close to 100% at least for this next 10 days.
I would love to have some support and just people to chat with about what I am going thru.

I know last year my first two weeks were HARD.. I felt like I had a serious flu for the first week but when I came out I felt like I was flying.. it was the most amazing Summer.

I will be posting in my blog if you wanna follow! (blog link below).
What do you think?

I woke up this morning really wanting to do this. I have been playing around with the idea of going High Raw again (was for about six weeks last Summer) for a while and decided that today I would commit to at least 10 days of as High Raw as I can.

I would love to have some support and just people to chat with about what I am going thru.

I know last year my first two weeks were HARD.. I felt like I had a serious flu for the first week but when I came out I felt like I was flying.. it was the most amazing Summer.

Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I haven't done my 75% raw week for about a month, it's about that time, I also didn't lose this week, so there's another sign it's about that time. ha.

I can only do a 75% raw each day because I unfortunately have high protein requirements that I can NOT get from things like nuts. I just get SO absolutely run down without enough protein. I generally eat raw all day and eat one cooked meal, along with a raw smoothie with soy protein powder so I get my protein requirements.

Anyhow, I will be starting that tomorrow as monday starts my new week. Thanks!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #3  
Beach Babe Wannabe

That sounds perfect to me!

I will be eating raw fish in a civiche for a little extra protein some time this week. I found a good place locally that has sushi grade tuna and salmon.. I in NO WAY have been 100% raw for more than a few days at a time.. It's nice to aspire to but I believe I need more protein also.

So far today I have had two green smoothies (breakfast and a later breakfast!) and two flax, sundried tomato, jalapeno lime crackers (raw/dehydrated) with avocado, tomato, onion, capers and a splash of balsamic.. this used to be one of my very fav. lunches.. it's really good!

I had a cooked lean cuisine (have a few left in the freezer) so I am eating that for dinner... and having frozen banana, blueberry lemon "sorbet" from the vitamix for dessert..

Talk to you tomorrow!

It will be nice to have someone to share the week with! Thank you.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  
unabashed

I"m starting tomorrow but I will keep you updated.

I have that cookbook...ummm, ani's raw food kitchen. I might make something from that for lunch tomorrow. heh.

Tonight I FEAST on vegan zucchini lasagna! I'll be posting the recipe on my blog.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #5  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Default Good Morning!

How was your lasagna? I have that book too..
Last year I did Raw for about 6-7 weeks and loved it so much I bought LOTS of books.. her's and also RAW (Juliano’s) and Matthew Kenny's "Entertaining in the Raw" and a couple more.. Ani's is my fav. right now. I made her ginger almond pate several times.. sort of with my own spin.

So far today it's another green smoothie..
I have 6 or so pink grapefruits from my mother's tree I need to use so I may have lots of grapefruit later in the day. I don't have much planned other than smoothies.

I am working (soon) on a dehydrated onion wrap recipe I want to figure out.. we had a great wrap at a raw food place here in St. Pete recently and the wrap was SO GOOD.. it had onions and nama shoyu, sunflower seeds and flax I know.. also I think sundried tomato. I really want to figure this out. It would be a good cracker too dried longer until crisp..

What's for breakfast for you?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #6  
unabashed

breakfast for me was just a soy milk protein shake and some sunflower seeds.

I think I'll have a fruit and veggie juice cocktail when I get home ( I have a juicer that I LOVE)

and most likely salad for dinner and fruit and maybe just a bit of nuts for a snack.

I think tomorrow I may make those raw nut meat tacos for lunch. My bf is doing this as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #7  
Beach Babe Wannabe

It really helps to have your man do it with you! My DH is also. He usually is pretty supportive.

I found your blog.. left a comment this morning.

I am planning on making the ginger pate again for some nori veggie rolls and I have this really good Puttanesca sauce recipe I made last year that I am dying to try again.. the sauce is SO good. I do it over spiral squash.

Last year I had a pine nut parm I dehydrated I sprinkled on top but I don't have the stuff for it yet. I need to plan for a couple of days ahead at a time.

Have a great day!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #8  
unabashed

So I decided to have tofu tacos as my one cooked meal and fresh juice as a snack and a salad for dinner. I'm going to scour my raw food cookbook for something interesting for tomorrow. I already know my cooked meal will be mujadara from the middle eastern place, meeting someone for lunch. hehe.

Will need a dinner idea, prolly just fruit and nuts for breakfast.

Any other suggestions from ani's book that you've tried?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #9  
Beach Babe Wannabe

I have made her black sesame cracker bread.. it was ok but really not enough taste for me (I like garlic and spice and onion).. if I made it again I would add more onion and maybe sundried tomato... maybe some herbs.

Also I have made her cranberry squash rice and it was good.. I don't know if butternut is avail. in the stores anymore but I bet you could use yellow squash. or grated cauliflower.

The Asian Slaw with ginger is REALLY good.. I like all kinds of slaw. I added some ginger I had pickled myself and it was amazing. I really love that recipe.

Her Sundried tomato marinara is my basis for all my red sauces. I found an organic red wine I added a bit of it to it. You can really play around with this recipe. I LOVE anything with red sauce or pesto sauce.

I think I have tried more but right now can't think of anything.
Tonight I am making another huge salad with cooked beans (mix of black and kidney).. LOTS of veggies.

I like not having to push myself to be 100%.. it opens more doors for ideas... Like using Ryvita bread with I run out of dehydrator nut/seed crackers. I still have totally raw toppings but don't have to kick myself for eating a cooked cracker. Not being so hard core has really helped me.

Have a great HighRaw day!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #10  
unabashed

I just ate for the first time today! It was my cooked meal. For a snack I'm having apple/carrot juice and the cabbage kale slaw in simple greek dressing for dinner.

Since I have so many cals left over I might sneak and make some vegan maple walnut ice cream. I NEVER have cals left after eating unless it's a mostly raw week so I think that might be an idea. Bf bought some ice cream fixins for us to make it the other day.

changed my mind! Gonna make peanut butter and ground flax ice cream.

Last edited by lottie63; 04-26-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #11  
Beach Babe Wannabe

PB / Flax Icecream sounds interesting. I bet hemp seed would be good in it too.

Last night was the hardest night for me so far. I was so hungry.. it's strange because I am eating/drinking plenty but my body is really screaming for cooked food.. I ate 3 oz raw pecans to try to hold me until dinner. I made veggie fajitas all cooked but LOTS of veggies and a few black beans. I was proud of myself because I didn't do any cheese. I have homemade pico that is Raw that I had with it. I could eat that stuff by the gallon!

Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  
unabashed

Today I'm having a smoothie and fruit/nuts for breakfast, a taco salad for my cooked meal (with tvp) and I plan to find something from ani's book again for dinner, along with some pineapple kale juice!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #13  
unabashed

p.s I posted a blog about yesterday's raw meal.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #14  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Well I was out of town all day today (just got back home).. my mom has MS and I spend once a day at her place taking care of errands.. etc.

I made us both a huge salad. I had cooked beans and beets in it but TONS of veggies.. it was a huge bowl.

I just had a big handful of raw almonds and I am still really hungry. I think I just need to eat more often during the day. It's hard to do sometimes.

I am making hummus and having it over spiral veggie noodles. I just got two huge boxes of raw nuts in from a man that owns a grove. I got 5# of almonds and 5# of walnuts. Did you know that most almonds you buy in the US are not truly raw even if they are labeled raw? Even the ones at whole foods. The US makes growers pasturize them with radiation. I have learned SO much studying Raw foods. There is a loophole that you can buy them directly from a grove "stand" so a few groves sell them online.. They are really good.

Have a great night!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #15  
unabashed

re: almonds, weird! and sad...

I had my pineapple kale juice and it was fabulous. The color is gorgeous. ha.