Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #1  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

Unhappy Movie Theater....

Hey everyone:

We will be going to the movies on tuesday and I love popcorn...i can't believe I am not going to eat any popcorn!!

Any snack idea?

Thanks in advance
Reema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reema View Post
Hey everyone:

We will be going to the movies on tuesday and I love popcorn...i can't believe I am not going to eat any popcorn!!

Any snack idea?

Thanks in advance
I conquered this very same obstacle this past Wednesday! I did not bring a snack but I would suggest the S/V ridges or any other of your fav restricteds! They can also brew hot water if you want to bring a couple tea bags! You can do it!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Totally blows, doesn't it????? BUT, you only have 2 choices---use what is available to you (restricteds, maybe bring some raw crunchy veggies) or blow it and feel like crap for setting yourself back over some movie popcorn that you will be able to eat again one day..... just not right now.

This is why I am not going to the movies again until I have lost at least most of the weight.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

I struggled with movie theaters too. For me, movies = Twizzlers and I LOVE Twizzlers. They're my favorite candy. Even the sight of a movie theater makes me crave them. So I started taking the Raspberry jelly in my purse and eating it when the lights went down. It helped.

But I agree with everyone else - try and take a restricted or some crunchy vegetables. If it's the butter, try putting a tiny bit of butter flavor in a packet and take it with you.
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #5  

If you're eating low carb you can bring some nuts. That's what I do. The nuts are nutritious and have good healthy fat.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #6  
Reema

Awwww....ladies all of you are so helpful and supportive. I think I will take one of my restricted food.

OMG....Peanuts drive me crazy!!!!! I am on phase 1 can't have any nuts but I just crave them all day not KIDDING!!!!! What is that huh!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #7  

Quote:
Awwww....ladies all of you are so helpful and supportive. I think I will take one of my restricted food.

OMG....Peanuts drive me crazy!!!!! I am on phase 1 can't have any nuts but I just crave them all day not KIDDING!!!!! What is that huh!
I crave things all of the time. Hungry lots, too---but I want weight loss---BAD---so I will endure the hunger, and daydream all day about what I would LIKE to eat, but not gonna cheat---the weight is coming off as fast as I can get it off so that I can resume some semblance of normal in the not too far away future (by "normal" I do not mean eating junk and too much garbage---I would settle for 3 well balanced (meaning low carb) meals a day where I am not hungry for hours on end and get to have an occasional splurge).

I take the diet mentality that is kind of like taking off a bandaid. It is gonna hurt. You want a little pain over the long haul (pulling it off slowly/making some cutbacks here and there and hoping to see movement on the scale eventually)?, or are you ready to just RIP THAT SUCKER OFF---it hurts like ****, but it is quick--and before you know it, you are done. YMMV--this is just my approach. I am a chronic dieter---can't be bothered with that whole "this is my lifestyle" nonsense. This is a DIET. Once I have lost enough weight I will find a way to have my cake (occasionally) and eat it too (even more rare)---but for now, the focus is just on getting it OFF!!!!

Here's hoping whatever strategy you use works for you!! If you stay OP, IT WORKS.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My first choice would be IP Southwest Cheese Curls and water (you could sneak in one of the Cyrstal Light Singles (the ones made with Splenda) to add to your water.

Other ideas:
- Salt & vinegar ridges
- BBQ ridges
- Soy Puffs (your favorite flavor)

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-24-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
My first choice would be IP Southwest Cheese Curls and water (you could sneak in one of the Cyrstal Light Singles (the ones made with Splenda) to add to your water.

Other ideas:
- Salt & vinegar ridges
- BBQ ridges
- Soy Puffs (your favorite flavor)
My theatre sells gigantic pickles, I can spend a long time sucking the guts out of a pickle.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #10  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
My theatre sells gigantic pickles, I can spend a long time sucking the guts out of a pickle.
Ditto for me! My favorite theater sells the ginormous pickles at the counter, so I always buy one of those. The only problem, they're kind of messy. Soution...wait until the lights go out then enjoyto your hearts content!
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #11  
Reema

how can we have pickles, soy sauce, and hot sauce when these food don't have sea salt in them??????????
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

what about making your own vegetable chips??
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
how can we have pickles, soy sauce, and hot sauce when these food don't have sea salt in them??????????
not all the foods we eat have to have sea salt in or on them, did you have that impression?
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #14  

I wish I didn't hate pickles.