Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #4

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 45 lbs./20%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 04-23-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #2  
SARGE

PLEDGES WEEK 4/17-4/24

Sarge = 1 /// -2
Resolute = 4 /// already -4 and still going!
Linalin = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
Cheshire = 1.5
Sizzlin = 2
MadamB = 2
Kneed = 2
NEMom =
Hummingbird = 1
Chickadee = 2 /// already -2.9 and still going!
Lucyf = 3
Pokey = 1 /// -1
Rainbow = maintain
Yoyo = maintain /// MAINTAINED & 1/2 in. off waist!

Newbies
Prvt. Koshi = 2 /// (-6.5) & ONE-derland!!!!!
Prvt. Deanna = 3
Prvt. Bnhtla = 2
Prvt. Amylou = 3
Prvt. Pintamino = 1
Prvt. Lixard = 2.5

Total Platoon Pledge = 36.5 /// Actual loss =

Pledges week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 1
Pokey = 1
VickieL= 3
DCap = 2

Newbie Prvts.
Mochi =
Penguin = 1
Kendrab = 2.5 (AND LOST 3.8 SINCE LAST SUNDAY!!!!)

Last edited by JayTee; 04-23-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #3  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE . . .

TOMORROW IS EASTER WHICH MEANS JELLY BEANS & CHOCOLATE BUNNIES WILL BE GOING AWAY!! THANK GOODNESS

OK LADIES & GENT: I THINK THE SCALE DEVILS ARE VISITING MY SCALE . . . REALLY . . . UP ANOTHER POUND . . . I'VE BEEN EATING REALLY CLEAN . . . DOING C25K, JILLIAN, BIKE RIDES, CRUNCHES, ETC . . . UP 2 POUNDS, WHAT THE F@#% . . . OK, TRYING TO BE PATIENT AND TRYING TO NOT FEEL DEFEATED . . . I'M OFF WORK TODAY SO I WILL BE DOING THREE ROUNDS TODAY, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

SARGE YOU CAN PULL OUT THE CAN OF WUPA@@, BUT I DON'T NEED SCALE FAIRIES, I NEED A FRACKIN (in honor of Reso) MIRACLE . . .

OK EVERYONE, GOING TO GET MY BUTT-ER IN GEAR RIGHT NOW . . . HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING IN THERE LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 04-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  
Living the Life

New Thread Again!
Look at us go.

I so tried to post last night but I was having a hard time pulling up and navigation 3FC. I wrote out my reply 3 times but it just would not post. Oh, internet--how you tease me.

Happy Weekend to you all! I can see a bunch of you already hitting your weekly goal. Awesome.

Reso-You the man. Walk, bike, walk, bike....lather, rinse and repeat. Ha, that is how you get it done though.

A report for my 9...errr...8 1/2 miles last night. (I skimmed off a .5 mile on the request of my husband, not that I protested that much). But it was a good 8 1/2. Oh it was hot and I was dripping by the end. It was a good run though....so much better than last week. I'm feeling better now about next weekend.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-23-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #5  
SARGE

MadamB--See what happens when you EVEN THINK about chocolate bunny ears! At your request:

Good luck on your 3-a-day today!

Chesh -- WTG on that run! lol on your summary of Reso's day. I'm starting to think we can get him to a triathalon soon. Whaddya say Reso?

Last edited by JayTee; 04-23-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

so what day is the actual weigh in?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #7  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
MadamB--See what happens when you EVEN THINK about chocolate bunny ears! At your request:

Good luck on your 3-a-day today!

Chesh -- WTG on that run! lol on your summary of Reso's day. I'm starting to think we can get him to a triathalon soon. Whaddya say Reso?
Ummm, probably not going to happen JayTee I know a lot of individuals desire to participate in marathons etc... Me i am just so happy and thankfull that i can participate at life.

Cheshire : I have had intermittent problems accessing the site at times also, dunno whats up with that, i get pretty sweaty just walking hard can't imagine running, did think of you yesterday evening.

MadamB : Do try and not take the scale to serious, i have trouble as well, still you know if you have been honest with yourself and your commitment, staying on plan only makes your weight go one way, otherwise it's just stress, inflamation, water retention, the boogy man whateever but certainly not actual fat. Keep with your plan, it's been working for you right ?

Koshi : I like your attitude, way to go on seeing that 1 on the scale, every bit of activity is gonna help, you have a good relationship with your mum (LOL, i like the quirkiness of different locals, chiefly british slang ), so do i with mine, my mom is one of if not my best friend.

You did good with the nourishment, there is a bigger mental aspect as physical i think at times, it does no good to deny oneself simple pleasures like favorite foods, just have to make it the best/cleanest/lowest calorie and appropriate portion size to still fit into a daily deficit, two birds with one stone so to speak, that and the preparation and cleanup helps to digest and burn off the meal vs take out.

I had Pitas a couple times last week but mine were with turkey, romaine, parmesan and ceasar dressing all in moderate proportion, i enjoyed them and they really weren't hard to make or horribly caloric either.

jojo : I see a lot of peeps have difficulty/fears when their goal is reached, almost bittersweet in that it requires a significant change, just something else to work at/towards, you will do fine because you seem steadfast in making this transition as smooth as possible.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #8  
SARGE

Koshi--we more or less go with Sunday. HOWEVER, there is no problem with weighing in and posting early. Basic guideline, tell Sarge how much you lost BY Sunday and make your pledge for the following week at the same time.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

Default Can I join?

Hi Sarge,

I saw your post on another challenge that I had joined. You invited us to come look at this challenge. Just reading the threads and I am so pumped. So is it too late to join? Are all weight loss plans included (Weight Watchers?)

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #10  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
so what day is the actual weigh in?
I always use my Saturday evening weigh in myself, most peeps use sunday morning, but as long as it's week on week i don't really see a problem, the duration is still 7 days.

Yeah, i forgot to say i'm sore as crap today, 40K really adds up, must of been on a shopping high from my new bike and head gear, guess i'm coming down today, will see what i can do, certainly a walk and a ride not sure if i have it in me to throw down again though, will see what kind of moxy i can stir up still.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Psycho-warfare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
Ummm, probably not going to happen JayTee I know a lot of individuals desire to participate in marathons etc... Me i am just so happy and thankfull that i can participate at life.

Cheshire : I have had intermittent problems accessing the site at times also, dunno whats up with that, i get pretty sweaty just walking hard can't imagine running, did think of you yesterday evening.

MadamB : Do try and not take the scale to serious, i have trouble as well, still you know if you have been honest with yourself and your commitment, staying on plan only makes your weight go one way, otherwise it's just stress, inflamation, water retention, the boogy man whateever but certainly not actual fat. Keep with your plan, it's been working for you right ?

Koshi : I like your attitude, way to go on seeing that 1 on the scale, every bit of activity is gonna help, you have a good relationship with your mum (LOL, i like the quirkiness of different locals, chiefly british slang ), so do i with mine, my mom is one of if not my best friend.

You did good with the nourishment, there is a bigger mental aspect as physical i think at times, it does no good to deny oneself simple pleasures like favorite foods, just have to make it the best/cleanest/lowest calorie and appropriate portion size to still fit into a daily deficit, two birds with one stone so to speak, that and the preparation and cleanup helps to digest and burn off the meal vs take out.

I had Pitas a couple times last week but mine were with turkey, romaine, parmesan and ceasar dressing all in moderate proportion, i enjoyed them and they really weren't hard to make or horribly caloric either.

ears when their goal is reached, almost bittersweet in that it requires a significant change, just something else to work at/towards, you will do fine because you seem steadfast in making this transition as smooth as possible.
Thanks for the encouragement. It seems that the battle is now mostly in my head. I can hear all the old "noise:" Past failures, bad body image, my Mom nagging etc. I am willing to do battle and clean up the mess "upstairs."
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Count me in! I feel like I've been trying to lose weight for so long with very limited success; I'll lose for a while, then regain, usually the same 5lbs. I feel that I will always lose/regain unless I deal with my emotional eating or food addiction, so I previously stopped trying to 'lose' to just work on my eating/food issues, and am now ready to try and lose weight again.

I don't really follow a plan except to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full/satisfied; I also try to limit sugar/processed foods, eating a balance of foods. I journal my eating/exercise on paper but may start logging it here just to keep me accountable.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #13  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

New thread, new day, new resolve

I am down 1lb this week unintentionally. I'll take it.

Coming back slow - -2lbs for next week - i can feel my body WANTING to lose...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default 1/2" off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 45 lbs./20%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.
Forgot to tell you: another 1/2" off the waist.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Since last Sunday I am down 3.8 pounds!! My goal for this week is a 2.5 pound loss.

This will also be the first time in as long as I can remember that I am removing the scale from the bathroom! I will not weigh myself again until next Saturday. I'm actually freaking out on the inside! Lastly, I'm going to start the C25K today (well- tonight when it gets dark out). I'm bringing my dog along with me so hopefully she doesn't trip me up. Fingers crossed I can make it through the first one lol
Closed Thread