South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Easter Weekend April 23 & 24

Good morning. I woke to the lovely (not!) sound of rain again. "Rainpools in the woodland, water to my knees" as Gord Lightfoot sings. Things are warming up but I just can't get at my gardens because of water. This is nuts! I did get half my front perennial bed cleaned up yesterday afternoon though.

Enough griping about things I can't change.

Lots to do today indoors. I am going to the Farm for Easter dinner tonight which should be fun. Another new great niece to meet. I have a new springlike outfit that needs major shortening so that'll be first on today's agenda - after more coffee, of course. The rain is supposed to stop mid-afternoon so I may get some pruning done on the trees in the lane.

Wishing you sunshine, warm winds and flowers plus limited access to Easter candies!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and chicks yet to arrive Yeah, rain here today and every day in the 10 day forecast. It's getting really old. I haven't been near my garden yet because the only nice days have been my long work days. I think I need to set my garden goals very low this year, maybe lots of greens and tomatoes, and some basil

I actually slept in last night. I had to go to bed early to thwart the cats though because, of course, they were running around like idiots by 6 Nothing at all interesting around here today. Sadly I have to go to the grocery store. Yesterday was just too busy to get out during the day so I'm off to fight the crowds. I'm firing up the crockpot for this vegetarian cassoulet thing I created this winter. It's become a favorite. Other than that just normal weekend stuff - cooking, cleaning, and exercising.

Have a lovely Saturday wherever you are and whatever your weather!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-23-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
Rain here too in Brooklyn. We have an egg hunt at my best friend/son's godmother's house that will go on rain or shine though, and should be a lot of fun. As it's in New Jersey we also have the opportunity to fill up on some cheap NJ gas. I heard on the radio that it is not unreasonable to assume that gas will go up to $6 per gallon this summer. That sux for us because we do a lot of driving on the weekends - but I guess we may try to stay home more!

I cooked my ham for tomorrow's dinner already, one friend is bringing a tomato pie and then I'm just going to serve a salad and a cheese course to start. It's all done so I don't have to do anything today except when we get home tonight I'll do a final tidy up and them tomorrow morning I'll set the table so when we get home from church we can just start the food related festivities. I do have to do a small load of laundry when we get home tonight and boil some eggs for next week but that's it for food prep.

Hope everyone has a great day!! I love Easter weekend.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - We have a chance of rain today and I think just about everyday for the coming week. Where are my warm, sunny Spring days?!

Cyndi - Oh I forgot the stores will be crazy. I'll have to see what I have on hand to make it through the weekend.

Matilda - I heard that on the news too! I bet my husband is inwardly cursing that I did not like the Prius we test-drove in December.

We haven't celebrated Easter since my boys outgrew egg hunts. So it will be a pretty mellow weekend here. My teen has basketball today and we really, really need to get him to send back all his college "rejections." Got him signed up for orientation in June and made hotel and plane reservations. DH will go with him for the parent orientation. I really need to break out that P90X this weekend. Hmmm... where is my motivation to get my butt kickied?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning all! The rain hasn't started here yet! It will though. Soccer game and baseball game this morning plus trying to get my fence put up today. So, I'm hoping it rains NOW so the games are cancelled but lets up a bit later so my fence can go up. LOL!!! So...getting a run in in just a few minutes...on wk 4 day 3 of couch to 5k! Loving it!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful easter!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I slept in this morning, too, and yep, raining here. I'm glad I planted my carrots seeds yesterday, so they're getting a good start. I thinned the radishes, too, while I was on a roll. I wanted to thin the beets, but they're still too tiny.

I must make another run to the grocery today. I can't believe while I was there yesterday that I forgot to get sweet potatoes! Duh! I plan to run over to Mom's for a short visit, too, and share some these gorgeous tulips that were delivered to me yesterday from a dear, thoughtful friend.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

I am ignoring the view out my window right now. Maybe it's really big pollen. I am sneezy so that would make sense.

Cottage - thanks for the sweet potato reminder. I found a recipe for dehydrated sweet potato chips I want to try!

Speaking of - Debbie - how did the kale chips come? For some reason I assumed they were the dehydrator type but maybe they were the ones in our recipes? I've made those and liked them when I timed them right. I've been wanting to make raw chips like the very expensive ones I found at the store

Mathilda, Karen & Kristen
Old 04-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Mornng

I got up early but everyone likes following me around in the morning so I didn't get here. Sorry that many of you are having yucky weather. It's been really nice here, but that could change.

I'm waiting to hear if my mom will come over but I've already pulled some things out of the freezer anticipating that she will. I cooked up a big pot of black beans and they turned out perfect! There's a potluck between services tomorrow and so my menu at home is undecided. Since we haven't been eating meat I really don't feel like cooking it "just because". Perhaps I'll look through our family cookbook and see if I can find something interesting that I haven't made before.

Bike riding was spectacular yesterday! I plan to get out again today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #9  
Be happy.

I woke up to rain too - but it sounds GOOD to me. My neighbors in Maine are watching snowflakes fall again. LOL Walking is pretty much the only exercise that I can manage while I'm here at my mom's though, so I'm hoping there will be a little break in the rain or at least a slow down enough for me to get a quick walk in.

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Can I say I am sick of having to go to the basements for all the tornadoes ripping through our area. This is getting a bit much twice this week already and more on the way. We have been lucky and have missed the brunt of the bad storms. Spring is coming in like a Lion.

Today, we have no plans so I am going to finish up with some spring cleaning and maybe make a trip to home depot for some items I need.

I have not downloaded pictures from prom, but here is the facebook link for pictures if you wanted to see some.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...type=1&theater

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-23-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies

Just dropping in to say hello. I have my life back. DD and family have now settled in their new home. They are in the same province as us but its still a 19 hr drive to where they are. Beautiful place full of lakes and great if you are a fisherman or hunter. I think she will have cabin fever there and will go wild shopping the next time she is back. We drove with my daughter(she in her car and dog) and us and wonderful grandson in oursr. On the way home drove thru Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. So I'm back and ready to jump back on the wagon although I have been hanging in there with one hand.
Happy Easter to all those that celebrate and Spring to everyone else.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

sophie Thinking about you today....I had an apple pie question and you're the expert!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Off to Plum Island in search of migrating birds! Have a good day whatever you have planned.

Sophie - so nice to see you again

See you all tonight
Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. There's a glorious sunrise.

I am off to the Church to hide Easter Eggs for the hunt after the service. There are no chocolate ones this year because of the dogs. Had a good and fun family dinner last night at my sister's place. It sure makes a difference having little kids around. My two grandnieces are one and three and delightful - more fun than puppies.

I might finally get those poor pansies planted this morning. This afternoon I'm off to a "foodie" event at a nearby farm to help support the Buy Local movement. Then to my friend Liz's place for a BBQ salmon feast. I am staying off the scale for a while especially since the Easter bunny came when I was at my sister's place and left me a chocolate present. Oy!

Enjoy this spring day and Happy Easter!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's looking to be a gorgeous day, and I'm wearing a blouse that's been hanging in my closet, waiting for me to fit into for 2 years!

We'll have a houseful for Easter dinner this afternoon, which I'm serving buffet-style. And thank goodness it looks like it will be dry so the little ones can hunt for eggs outside inside of running wild inside, looking for the eggs that Grandpop hid.

Have a happy and glorious day!
Closed Thread