View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
QueenB
Progress..not perfection

Wink Just call me Sara...

Well, I had an epiphany of sorts today as well. I was thinking about how each person's eating choices and lifestyle needs to be ajusted to their needs and not necessarily the needs and guidelines of others. For example, yes....I know it is a good idea to not eat after 8:00pm. I know calories not worked off will sit and turn to fat. Not eating after 8:00 is a great idea when I'm working and I have to get up the next day. However, when I'm not working, I like to stay up late...sometimes till 2:00 or 3:00am. If I cut myself off at 8:00, I'm getting hungry late in the night and if I start eating, then I feel bad because I've went past the "8:00 rule" and that leads to more eating, and then I just say, "Well crap....I'll just go ahead and blow it." So, my epiphany is: Design the program that best meets your needs. Just because something works really well for others, doesn't necessarily mean it will work well for you. So, on the days that I'm off, I'm going to allow myself to eat later in the evening, but no later that 12:00. Usually, when I'm up late, I exercise anyways....so it usually all balances out.

I have found when I try to cusomize my eating program based on what another person has done or is doing, it doesn't always work. As long as you stay within eating guidelines, you drink you water and exercise, I feel a little juggling (time-wise) will not hurt you, but will help you in the long run.

It's not perfect, but it has helped me.

I'll be back later....kids are hollering for dinner. What's a Mom to do?