Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Creating a work out routine

Hey friends,

I am at a loss, but I am confident someone out there can help me out.

At my home I have a bowflex, a treadmill w/ incline, a punching bag, light dumb bells ( 1, 3, 5 lbs), a balancing thing ( like a small bosu ). I also have an app on my iphone- Nike Training- where you pick what you want to do (get strong, get lean, focus) and your level ( beginner, intermediate,) and it gives you a half hour-ish work out to do. And I have a Wii Fit which is fun but not exactly a work out. I do like the balance exercises, though. I also have the Jillian MIchaels 30 Shred DVD and the Jillian Yoga DvD...

So, here I am with all this stuff, as well as moves like sit ups, push ups, lunges, etc...but I don't know how to use it all to my advantage. How does one go about making a work out routine?

Please refrain from telling me that this or that isn't worth it ( I know not everyone digs bowflex type apparatii), but suggestions.

I work out about 5 days a week, for at least a half hour minimum. Lately it's been on the treadmill...

I think about joining a gym but i have so much at home, and I consider P90x because I have a friend who had awesome results with it....

What's a girl to do? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

if no one has any suggestions, does anyone know of any resources I can use?
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

You might want to see if you could sign up for one training sesson with a trainer at a near by gym. He/she could get you going on a routine you could do with everything you have.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I guess I am wondering what you mean but how to create a routine. You and I have a lot of the same stuff, so I can tell you what I do?

I use my Bowflex on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturday. On Tuesday I work arms primarily and some back and shoulders. On Thursdays I work legs and abs. On Saturdays I work back and shoulders primarily and some arms.

On Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays I walk and run either on the treadmill or outside depending on the weather.

On Mondays I also walk and run either outside or on the treadmill or I do a longish workout video such as Zumba Cardio Party.

In addition 3-4 days per week on my lunch hour I do 20-40 minutes of pilates/yoga or a workout DVD such as Zumba, Cardio Hip-Hop, Kickboxing and someday when I've lost more weight I can add in the 30 Day Shred.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote